Awoo.

Saturday Morning Shows (Cartoon) Slots?

Stacy

When you were younger do you remember Saturday morning shows like Going Live or Living Kicking? I can barely remember Going live but I remember that the guest usually was a pop singer like Klyie Minogue or Jason Donovan and the puppet Gordon the Gopher I remember Brain Conley took the piss with his "it's a puppet" skit.

I remember Living Kicking nothing than cooler than getting watching Rugrats and X-men in your PJ's.

However for me as 90's rolled on I lost it interest in Living Kicking and watch Diggit on ITV, Diggit was on really early but it showed non stop Disney cartoons and then eventually SMTV Live came along presented by Cat Deeley and Ant & Dec. So you could watch Diggit and then SMTV Live on the same Saturday morning.

The popularity of SMTV Live probably lead to Living Kick's ultimate downfall.

One bit I loved about SMTV Live was Pokemon, back when Pokemon was really popular (well a fad) in the late 90's. Ant & Dec did this stupid Rap called the PokeRap.

Pikachu, Pikachu.....

Too much nostalgia I think I am going to hurl.....

Anyway did anybody watch these shows....

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mollfie

• Mick

• pooshoes

• Stacy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember! I loved Diggit and Live & Kicking. I was watching old episodes of Zzzzap and Funhouse the other day n__n aaah the nostalgia.

I liked SMTV but I've never liked Ant, Dec or Cat Deeley lol.

Edited by Mollfie

was the ultimate in Saturday morning entertainment for me, and Diggit was... well it was all right I suppose, but it wasn't a patch on SMTV. Live 'n' Kicking was rubbish though, a completely boring show with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Fusty, conservative and uninteresting compared to CITV's sterling output during the 1990s.

SMTV Live changed that though, it more or less revolutionised British kids weekend TV (for a short glorious while at least). Ant & Dec were epic, the Friends piss take skit 'Chums' (me 'n Cat, all alone in the flat...) was great, Splatoon was rather fun, Wonkey Donkey was a larf and

was... possibly the greatest kids TV quiz ever devised by man. Their obsession with The Corrs made me lol a lot, too.

You mentioned the Pokérap Bloodfetish - that was really good. I preferred the mock Poké Fights they used to have though. Ant as Gary and Dec as Misty - inspired!

Dec's Sabrina (the Teenage Witch) 'novel' was rather epic, too...

Yes, SMTV Live was a golden age for us British kids. It's pretty rubbish for young 'uns these days, much more akin to pre-SMTV telly than I'd like to say, without the rubbish competition from BBC 1. With the main stuff moved to other channels, there's less of the direct competition you get from terrestrial channels. So things get shit.

I think that CITV was always better than BBC, the BBC has always been a bit stuffy.

I used to also watch Channel 5 from time to time when I was really little, that had some weird kids programmes.

The BBC had better weekday programming than CiTV for a long time, though it's gone down a bit since I last watched it. As for Weekends, I preferred the shows on L&K but the banter of SMTV. So I'd channel hop back and forth between the two. Good memories. :3

Beast Wars took full priority though.

Edited by Gerkuman.2

The last Saturday morning cartoon show slot that I remember is ABC's One Saturday Morning. This slot included The Weekenders and Pepper Ann. I know there's a few other shows that were in there, but I don't remember. Does anyone here remember the rest?

Dones anyone remember Ghost Train? It was on the BBC early saturday Morning inbetween Live and Kicking I think. Barry Mafia was greatness.

I loved SMTV that was one of those shows I would hope my mum or nana would sit and watch with me as we always had such a giggle at it.

I remember watching bits of Live and Kicking.

Oh my God Mollfie Zzzzap used to frighten me... that girl with the yellow tartan dungarees and the freckles...

Going Live was great. Mum and I used to watch bits of that when Philip Schoefield was on and call him "Lovely Philip" we still refer to him as that now when we see him on This Morning or whatever. XD

I kind of miss Gordon the Gopher, but I still have a Gordon the Gopher puppet that hangs around your neck so you can take him about you with. XD Sometimes the magic never dies.

I was never able to watch SMTV as I always played football on saturday mornings.

Is my childhood now ruined?

^ yes. yes it is. *hug*

I loved Pepper Ann! I was watching old episodes on Youtube a while ago.

Same here, I watched old episodes on YouTube not that long ago as well. Pepper Ann rocked!

For some reason I never remember watching alot of Saturday morning shows, I think it was because I didn't like the cartoons they aired, none of it was my kind of thing.

I never remember Going Live, I rarely watched SMTV Live, I didn't watch much Live & Kicking but I do remember watching Diggit, although the only thing I remember watching was Sonic Underground XD I think I remember watching Channel 5's Milkshake! on Saturday mornings aswell. I was always more into CITV.

Ahhh SMTV Live! Used to watch tht quite a lot back in day - mostly for Pokémon admittedly. I liked it when they used to dress up as the characters and stuff, haha.

Also, a while ago I saw this thing about the top 100 cartoons or something and Ant and Dec were talking about Pokémon... and how much they hated it. XD I remember quite a lot of the other segments from SMTV such as Chums too. :lol: Those were the days... Diggit was okay. Whatever they've got on now (is it something like Toonattik?) is just terrible from what I've seen. ):

Never really watched Live and Kicking, I think I always preffered CITV more.

Bloody hell, forgot about Going Live!

I was on one of those phone-ins where you had to shout out commands for some animation to catch things - you won prizes depending on how many things you caught. I think it was a dog collecting bones when I was on...and I never did receive a prize...waaa!

Parallel 9 anyone?

T