Awoo.

Is this a pirated version of SMC+ for the PC?

Blue Blood

I'm guessing it is pirated because from my knowledge, Mega Collection Plus is only for PS2 and Xbox.

• Bad Quality Post 1

A PC version was released. That's well known.

Well I never knew that. Thanks for telling me. I'm guessing it was only in Europe and/or Japan, because I never saw a PC version at the stores here, I only saw it on PS2 and Xbox (and I have it on PS2 BTW).

• Bad Quality Post 1

Why? It's the same game - you just require a bit more technical know-how to install (by mounting or writing) it. It's not like he paid full price for it either..

I'd say it's a rather convincing fake, but you've essentially received the same game so it's not a complete waste. At least they went to the trouble of providing you with the full package.

[smug]I got a legitimate in GAME on a 3-for-£10 bargain-bucket deal along with Worms 2/ Worms Armageddon and Sonic Riders.[/smug]

Congrats to whoever pirated it, though, as they seem to have done a pretty brilliant job of the artwork. Could've tried a little harder with the actual files, though...

• Thumbs Up 1

New copy is exactly the same.

If I recall correctly, it is a legal requirement that all games are sold with health and safter warnings on a printed document. Is that correct? Or is it just companies trying to cover themselves? This game, unlike all of my others, has none.

Off topic for a second here: Why in god's name would you need health and safety instructions for a fucking CD-ROM? It's not like a toddler is going to come along and swallow the thing - it's 12cm in diameter! You'd have to be either the SkiFree Monster or a Canadian from South Park to get something that big lodged in your wind pipe...

Still, it would be nice to know how many people have died from CD-related accidents in the last year, as this is pretty intriguing stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Off topic for a second here: Why in god's name would you need health and safety instructions for a fucking CD-ROM? It's not like a toddler is going to come along and swallow the thing - it's 12cm in diameter! You'd have to be either the SkiFree Monster or a Canadian from South Park to get something that big lodged in your wind pipe...

Still, it would be nice to know how many people have died from CD-related accidents in the last year, as this is pretty intriguing stuff.

Warning about health issues when playing the game. Things like epilepsy and muscle strains.

Thanks Adek, but I 'm wondering if that also applies to the UK/EU. Gonna see what I can find.

Edited by Blue Blood

Oh, I see...

Still, it put a fun picture in my head of the SkiFree Monster choking on a copy of Sonic Mega Collection Plus...

• Thumbs Up 1

Here a picture of the front cover and back cover I found:

Sonic+Mega+Collection+Plus-Pc-EUR.jpg

See the "Attention" that's french for warning.

Edited by Adek

Based on the first post as well as some later posts, it sounds like an official budget rerelease that was fucked up in transit because of a communications error as well as some general stupidity. Also, because Mega Collection+ has copy protection you can't actually play it in any way in the state it is in without a crack. Quite frankly, you might as well just find a copy of Kega and play the games on that, because if EU copyright laws are anything like U.S. ones, it would be no more illegal to do that than playing Mega Collection+ with a crack is. MC+ is pretty bad on the PC anyways.

Edited by Tornado