Awoo.

Excited for the New Sonic Collection Specullation? (I am)

TurkishDelight91

After many leaks, rumors, and speculation for the 30th anniversary, we finally got a piece of news regarding that gosh-darned collection! (through an accidental leak by [the people who I speak the language of] gaming website), I'm incredibly excited! Sonic collections make up a ton of the Sonic fanbase's memories with getting introduced to incredible games through easy to access media (mainly with the 6th generation of consoles (& pc)?

But...

I'm also very worried...

Sega nowadays are NOT AT ALL the same they used to be (at least in their marketing), they used to be very confident and ambitious with their franchises, and they wanted to take every opportunity to bash the hell out of the blue devil onto people with how accessible sonic games used to be, but nowadays Sega is showing signs of desperation and laziness, and i DO NOT WANT THIS COLLECTION TO BE LIKE MARIO 3D ALL STARS.

What I want from the collection is everybody's favorite! Sonic 3 & Knuckles, this game has been going through limbo as of late, with Sega having trouble re-releasing it onto modern platforms, so I will not be expecting S3&K. BUT something that they have to do (in my opinion) is to put 3D Sonic games which are hard to come by (for Nintendo owners) like Sa1, Sa1, Heroes, Unleashed, Generations, The Fighters, 3D Blast, Shadow, and maybe even the best game ever made: SONIC 06!!! I simply want them to go all out for this collection, unlike another greedy company's collection.....

By 'going all out' I mean it, I would love if they added extras, like the many pieces of Sonic merchandise (from any company they choose), or comic book covers, or even an exclusive comic book! (like the ones on the Tomy comic packs), I want there to be great chill music, cutscenes! Concept art! Interviews! And everything else that will make me disappointed if I don't find in the next collection!

What do you guys want?

sonic dreams.jpg

For me, I would like to see Knuckles Chaotix. I would also like to see the SegaSonic Acade game, which may be unlikely but would be nice since two of its characters, Mighty and Ray, are in Sonic Mania Plus.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just give me a Console/PC collection of the Retro engine versions of Sonic 1, 2 & CD, and while we're at it, have Evening Star make a Retro engine version of S3&K for the collection too.

• Thumbs Up 1

My copy of Mega Collection has a weird glitch these days where despite being playable, if I do a spindash, the sound starts crapping out. So more than anything else I want a convenient way to play Sonic 3 and Knuckles, which unfortunately I have a hard time believing they will include. 

Also CD and both Adventures please, and throw in the white whale of ports, Knuckles Chaotix.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guess my dream collection would be: 

The Sonic 1 & 2 mobile remasters. The Sonic CD remaster modified to add playable Knuckles and playable Sonic & Tails AI (you can only play as Sonic and Tails separately in the original release back in 2011). A 16:9 remaster of 3&K.

SEGASonic the hedgehog, Chaotix, the Saturn version of 3D Blast because it has a rad soundtrack and the best special stages out of all the versions of this game. Sonic R, Adventure 1&2, Heroes, ShTH and '06. Would also be neat if it included the Advance & Rush games.

Also plenty of concept art, developer diaries and maybe add cut-content to some of the games.

In an ideal world.... Im hoping for 1,2,CD 3&K Chaotix, Mania. Throw in Sonic 4 I & II as well for good measure. This on the presumption that its a classic collection.

Could we see the 3d games in one package? could be a thing.

I dunno, not really? I mean, they’re all on PC with mods to make them better (which, in cases such as SA1, is crucial), and Sega has been using the first two games as a crutch since the late Genesis era. 

Hopefully as many games as possile from all eras of Sonic.

Realisticly the same games that always get ported.

On 5/25/2021 at 9:02 PM, CrystalMaelStorm said:

For me, I would like to see Knuckles Chaotix. I would also like to see the SegaSonic Acade game, which may be unlikely but would be nice since two of its characters, Mighty and Ray, are in Sonic Mania Plus.

I would LOVE old obscure games to be in the collection

2 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Hopefully as many games as possile from all eras of Sonic.

Realisticly the same games that always get ported.

would love unleashed and heroes tho

3 hours ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

I dunno, not really? I mean, they’re all on PC with mods to make them better (which, in cases such as SA1, is crucial), and Sega has been using the first two games as a crutch since the late Genesis era. 

I would love heroes and unleashed tho

19 hours ago, Eurisko said:

In an ideal world.... Im hoping for 1,2,CD 3&K Chaotix, Mania. Throw in Sonic 4 I & II as well for good measure. This on the presumption that its a classic collection.

Could we see the 3d games in one package? could be a thing.

Sanic 4 is the worst game ever made, so I'm not sure it's coming back

On 5/25/2021 at 11:56 PM, TheOcelot said:

Guess my dream collection would be: 

The Sonic 1 & 2 mobile remasters. The Sonic CD remaster modified to add playable Knuckles and playable Sonic & Tails AI (you can only play as Sonic and Tails separately in the original release back in 2011). A 16:9 remaster of 3&K.

SEGASonic the hedgehog, Chaotix, the Saturn version of 3D Blast because it has a rad soundtrack and the best special stages out of all the versions of this game. Sonic R, Adventure 1&2, Heroes, ShTH and '06. Would also be neat if it included the Advance & Rush games.

Also plenty of concept art, developer diaries and maybe add cut-content to some of the games.

YES, THIS IS *nearly* ALL I WANT, unleashed is missing tho xD

• Thumbs Up 1