Awoo.

Sonic Central Presentation coming May 27th | New Projects to be Announced

Wraith

4 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

The thing is, it’s unfair to say whether RCS can or cannot convincingly portray a genuinely concerned Sonic, because whether it be through poor writing or silly narrative context, he’s never been given a reason to. 

Sure he has.

Even tho i have tempered expectations for the event, I think it's really fun having something to look forward to again. Everyone seems in pretty high spirits now that they finally broke the silence.

Im pretty confident the big new game will be either just teased a little or have an announcement for an announcment in june.

I'm glad that SEGA is finally having a presentation where they will announce new stuff for the Sonic franchise.  Let's just hope that the future games get better this time around.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, is this presentation going to be live streamed on Youtube or is it going to be just uploaded as a regular video?

Trying not to set my expectations too high but I'm also really excited for Sonic news.

I assume there will be some kind of port collection - if so, I hope there's something novel or competitive about it. Many of us already own the classic Genesis games on multiple systems, not to mention emulation & mods like Sonic 3 AIR (arguably the definitive version of that game). A new collection better have some interesting game picks or other exclusive content like concept art - and if it's gonna be bare-bones, I hope it's really cheap. Even the humble idea of having Sonic 1 on my Switch would be dope, just don't make me pay a fortune for that kind of content.

Assuming Sonic Colours Ultimate is a real thing, I'm already pretty happy that exists at all. Colours isn't the best Sonic game ever but it's very solid and doesn't deserve to be stranded on mid/late 2000s hardware. I'm sure there are tonnes of kids who would adore this game today but currently have no avenue to play it. With all the rereleases Sonic tends to get, a surprising amount of its important back catalog is largely inaccessible today. Colours is a safe choice, but I'd love to one day get modern ports of Heroes & especially Unleashed. It's annoying how lacking game preservation is, and how scattered gaming history is across multiple systems and generations. I've been really enjoying Mass Effect Legendary Edition lately and really wish some of my other favourite franchises would get the same treatment.

If I allow myself to dream a little larger, I'm obviously hoping for the next mainline Sonic title - and hoping it looks forwards rather than backwards. No more Green Hill or Chemical Plant please, give me some new locales, characters, ideas. I love the nostalgic old-school stuff but it's starting to feel like Sonic hasn't done anything fresh or non-meta in the better part of a decade. I don't mind if it's a Boost game or not, I just want something with its own identity.

I feel like the presentation is going to focus mostly on small news like merchandise and mobile tie-ins, but I hope there's at least one meaty announcement in there: whether that be the next big Sonic game, another racing game, etc.

Hype responsibly everyone!
(Do as I say, not as I do.)

(I will literally never learn my lesson)

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I already know one thing being announced tomorrow officially. Though I still need to see it before making full judgement. Found it at work while looking up Sonic in the system.

And before anyone asks, no, its not a "new" game. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, PSI Wind said:

Well, I already know one thing being announced tomorrow officially. Though I still need to see it before making full judgement. Found it at work while looking up Sonic in the system.

Where is it you work? And why can’t you say what you think it is?

8 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Where is it you work? And why can’t you say what you think it is?

I work retail, and I gave a pretty decent hint. It's already something that some of you have talked about. Its being released in September, also.

On 5/25/2021 at 12:53 PM, Jovahexeon The Undyne said:

So....y'know. A remake.

It could, but I'm not certain is THAT substantial.

4 minutes ago, PSI Wind said:

I work retail, and I gave a pretty decent hint. It's already something that some of you have talked about. Its being released in September, also.

Probably either physical releases of the Taxman Sonic game ports and/or a re-release of Sonic 3K.

4 minutes ago, PSI Wind said:

Oh ok. Yeah that one was a pretty safe bet given everything surrounding it, so if it’s official now, guess we just wait for the actual announcement 

21 hours ago, Soniman said:

It's a never ending pattern.

A cycle if you will 

A Sonic cycle. Eeehh?

Its no big event without a bingo card!

Here's the template:

Have fun

• Promotion 1
  • Fist Bump 1

6 hours ago, PSI Wind said:

Well I am already disappointed with just that. Is it colors? Just say colors? I do hope with all my might we get something new with new writers tomorrow though. For me at least colors is when the stories went downhill hard trying to be funny and goofy more than usual.  That or just tell me they are putting the ova on blu-ray finally.

With already knowing about Colors HD and whatever Hardlight is working on, talking heads and all the non-game stuff, I think it might be time to dial back some expectations.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 1

2 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Its no big event without a bingo card!

Here's the template:

Have fun

I think “fanbase freaks out” is pretty much a second free space. 

12 and a half minutes may not seem long, but it's more than enough time to announce Colours Ultimate, the new Sonic Collection, the new hardlight mobile game, to talk about new IDW comics and announce an event for the 30th anniversary-maybe for June (where the new 3D Sonic game will likely be revealed).

• Thumbs Up 3

Keep in mind most Nintendo Directs last 20-30 minutes and they announce up to 20 games in those, so, pretty sure we got time for AT LEAST 1 game announcement in there.

It's gonna be fine. Colours remastered at least is a given, september release sounds likely, it's gonna happen. New big game teaser, that's it, set your expectations to that!

• Thumbs Up 1

It's fine to expect 5 good things in those 12 minutes, you know even 8-9 trailers could fit but it's a stretch. The Sonic 25th party also had 5 announcements, I'm not sure whether to expect minor things like an animated short, IDW news, a remix like they usually do at the SXSW panels or not, those could be considered minor things and not be a part of the Sonic Central. Not sure... if the stream is just major announcements (which I doubt), Hardlight and everything else may have separate posts on Twitter.

So if we count 5 announcements, it lines up with what Zippo said (again lol), Colors remaster, Collection, 2D game, 3D game (?), plus Hardlight mobile update, and that is exactly 5 announcements. 

I would rule out a new spin-off/Mario & Sonic for now, as for IDW I at least want them to be acknowledged in the games via Tangle & Whisper.

Hm, so it's pre-recorded? Kinda lame, ain't it? I liked their live streams better. But I get it, it's because of COVID and all that. 

That's only really enough time for the collection and Colors. I figured as much on tuesday so I'm not surprised.

Best keep yourselves in check.

Keep in mind, the Mario Direct was only 16 minutes and revealed a lot too.

Not that you shouldn't keep your expectations in check, but length shouldn't be indicative of what we get.

At best, we get a Teaser for a new game.

• Thumbs Up 3

24 minutes ago, Jango said:

Hm, so it's pre-recorded? Kinda lame, ain't it? I liked their live streams better. But I get it, it's because of COVID and all that. 

Normally, I'd disagree with you, but with SEGA, it just means we're gonna miss out on all the technical mishaps. Remember the wonderful, incessant background buzzing for the 25th anniversary? Good times.

Totitos better be featured here.

6 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Keep in mind, the Mario Direct was only 16 minutes and revealed a lot too.

Not that you shouldn't keep your expectations in check, but length shouldn't be indicative of what we get.

I kinda have more faith in Nintendo with these things lol

Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

I REALLY hope it isn't just a CGI teaser that ends with a "Sonic Project 2022"...