Awoo.

Sonic Central Presentation coming May 27th | New Projects to be Announced

Wraith

Sonic 3 & Knuckles looked SUSPICIOUSLY NOT UPDATED but it did say "original footage." Hmmm....

• Thumbs Up 1

Colors look a little bloomy but yeah, it's looking better. HD is definitely a plus, and I shall pray for 60 FPS.

Just now, NoKaine said:

Sonic 3 & Knuckles looked SUSPICIOUSLY NOT UPDATED but it did say "original footage." Hmmm....

Looks like 1, 2, CD are the mobile remasters and 3K is an emulation.

Yeah, that's the kind of teaser I expected lol

But yeah, that scene in the Unstoppable trailer was indeed a new game.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, not happy with the CGI teaser, the collection looks lame and I'm not entirely sure that Colors had a visual upgrade, it looks worse to me with all that blook, and the contrast was fucked up too.

Looked like a reshade fan video thingie.

EDIT: Is the title Sonic Zap?

Not even a bit of gameplay? Argh. It's the Forces trailer all over again. Yeah, this presentation was ok at best.

I'll give it credit for being straight to the point when it came to showing stuff. Except for PRIME, wish we could have just gotten some footage man.

• Thumbs Up 2

That wasn't that much, but I still enjoyed it! Can't wait for more news on the game! The presentation was a bit short, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

The new glow that Sonic has in the remaster, the new animated series that seems like a sequel to Colors, and Sonic's colorful boost in the teaser makes me think it's a follow-up to Colors.

EDIT: Wait, the blurb says the remaster has the "Movie Sonic Boost", so maybe that's just it?

The forest was distinctly realistic though.

I hope you guys kept your expectations low, though. This is pretty much exactly what I expected, so I'm satisfied.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I got everything I was expecting. A Colors game that looks about the same but also slightly upgraded, a "collection" with like 3 games that were only classic titles, and a teaser that showed us nothing.

The only surprise was the Rise of the Wisps thing. That'll be fun.

• Thumbs Up 3

Does Sonic Colors Ultimate have a new Wisp or are my eyes playing trick on me?

Well after so many years of drought this is something, not what I wanted for sure but oh well. Thanks I guess SEGA?

I regret not putting "collection is all classics" and "new web shorts" in my bingo, I scrapped those points last minute.

Though I got right a lot of points, especially the "stay tuned for more info" one. 😠

Jokes aside, I don't know... expectations were low but still, the presentation was nothing special for me. The teaser of the new game looks smooth and all but it gives so little informations that's almost useless.

Back to waiting it seems.

Well, at least now we know the new game exists.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Johnny Boy said:

We couldn’t even get a proper title for the new game? Meh.

We didn't get it for Generations or Forces either. 

I have to say: I'm disappointed. I expected more news about a new game instead of a generic teaser

Mmmmmmmmeh.

It's great that they're releasing S3&K again, but it's very disappointing that it seems to just be an emulation instead of a Retro Engine remake.

I noticed that in some of the shots of the Sonic Colours trailer, Sonic was wearing differently coloured gloves and shoes - I saw silver in the opening bit of gameplay, then golden in Planet Wisp. Wonder what that could be.

That was a lot of hooplah for...

*checks notes*

A port of Colors that looks worse than running it in Dolphin and is moneyhatted to EGS, something they made look like another collection of ROMs and a big ass book. Don't understand why they did it now when they had basically nothing to show, but whatever.

• Thumbs Up 4