Awoo.

Sonic Central Presentation coming May 27th | New Projects to be Announced

Wraith

2 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:

Does Sonic Colors Ultimate have a new Wisp or are my eyes playing trick on me?

Well after so many years of drought this is something, not what I wanted for sure but oh well. Thanks I guess SEGA?

No the Jade Wisp is included in the game judging by the cover which is new. 

That show was a horrible let down. But most said dont get your hopes up. Heck the Dragon Quest 35th live show last night blew this show out the water.

1 minute ago, SonicLegends said:

No the Jade Wisp is included in the game which is new. 

OOOOH it's that Wisp from Team Sonic Racing.

Well that's neat but I wonder how it'll affect gameplay.

Might pick up Origins if it's the mobile versions by Whitehead, but that it's the just the Genesis platformers is pretty lame - you got more content with vanilla Mega Collection nearly two decades ago.

Colors Ultimate is what was expected. I'll pass.

New game has nothing to look at, and is even more generic than the teaser for Forces in 2016 - could be good could be not, there's nothing to go on. Pretty animation though.

At the very least they essentially confirmed they'll be doing more of these throughout the year, but this had really nothing to offer me. Back to waiting.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's the big thing, there wasn't really a surprise there. Aside from the Sonic the Fighters thing. But why not just include that in the collection? And I gotta say, this collection is absolutely looking like the bare minimum.

Colors Ultimate looks surprisingly glowed up, so I'm liking that about it. But it looks like there won't be anything new to it. Maybe some extra side content like galleries and such. But if you already didn't like Colours, there's nothing there for you.

The new game, I wish we could have gotten a title at least. Not another Forces style trailer teaser that only tells us at best the super powers that Sonic will be using. Or how about a short synopsis if gameplay isn't available?

1 minute ago, Tornado said:

A port of Colors that looks worse than running it in Dolphin.

There is zero indication of how it runs.

Don't understand why they did it now when they had basically nothing to show

They did have something to show. You just expected everything from a 12-minute stream announced two days ago, and a month before E3.

colours looks fab and new content too? wonderful news.

Finally! 3&K is getting a re-release.

That logo or whatever it was for the new game is bugging me and the fact that was Classic Sonic running through the trees............very interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Video games being first "revealed" with a CG teaser trailer is common practice and anyone who expected more has only themselves to blame for being disappointed.

The environment Sonic ran through in the teaser looked much more lush than anything seen in a Sonic game in a long time, so hopefully the series is getting the visual overhaul it needs.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Sonic Colors Ultimate, bloom boosted af and for some reason EGS exclusive.
  • Classic Collection again, with Sonic 1 & 2 mobile which have already been decompiled and are playable on PC. Sonic 3K is still 4:3 LMAO
  • A teaser of Sonic running through a forest

What a waste of time.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Heck the Dragon Quest 35th live show last night blew this show out the water.

Didn't it also have a bunch of ports, collections, and a completely indecipherable teaser for a new game? 

Actually, the Dragon Quest XII and new Sonic teaser are almost exactly the same lol 

Personally what annoyed me the most was the Prime segment like really didn't need to be there. Info we had already from the get go.

I don't know why I'm surprised, but I am. They've literally learned nothing. I almost can't believe it.

It's business as usual. 

Maybe this series gets its shit together in 10 years, probably not. I'm not sticking around to find out.

What a shitshow.

2 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

Didn't it also have a bunch of ports, collections, and a completely indecipherable teaser for a new game? 

Actually, the Dragon Quest XII and new Sonic teaser are almost exactly the same lol 

I mean, this show technically is better than the DQ show in terms of content. It's really just a matter of faith in the new titles. Everyone expects the new DQ games to be good, so teasers are enough.

Like we have more content and cool side material than even the DQ show did, but we're so jaded at the main series this point it's hard to fully engage in that stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Cosmos Rogue said:

Video games being first "revealed" with a CG teaser trailer is common practice and anyone who expected more has only themselves to blame for being disappointed.

This is true. They did it for TSR and Forces. 

I will likely buy Origins assuming it comes to Switch just to have a more convenient way to play those games. Colors is Colors.

Sonic and the Crop Circles honestly had me intrigued and then it's just like... goodbye.

So that was kinda a sad bigly disaster.

1 minute ago, Cosmos Rogue said:

Or people can just be legit disappointed that it was nothing worth actually showing....

• Thumbs Up 3

As cool as it is to get the Whitehead ports of 1, 2, and CD on modern consoles, if they don’t go ahead and remaster Sonic 3&K in the same way before release, the collection will feel laughably half-assed.

can we talk about how colors looks so much worse

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1397947530411839488?s=21

Well, it's about as expected.

Classic compilation is neat. Dunno why 3K is conspicuously 4:3, but maybe that'll change. Glad they're finally able to rerelease it.

Colors Ultimate looks...like the contrast is too high. Not sure exactly what new stuff it might have, since it looks like Sonic has some kind of red or burgundy wisp where he shouldn't. The shorts focusing on the jade ghost suggest maybe something different? I dunno.

Sonic Prime is definitely about dimension-hopping after all. Not sure how I feel about that.

New game was a few seconds of running in a forest and...burning some vague shape in the ground? Does that say something? Whatever, they clearly just wanted to inform people it existed but nothing was ready to show off yet. I don't know if it's more Colors or not.

So yeah, if most of the stuff shown off hadn't been leaked already, it would be a nice little bit of content.

6 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

That show was a horrible let down. But most said dont get your hopes up. Heck the Dragon Quest 35th live show last night blew this show out the water.

At least we got something out of Dragon Quest's new mainline title. SEGA just dropped things here with no explanation then ran off.

2 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

And that was still more than this show. They actually went through and talked about each new title, mobile game, and even the teaser for XII he tried to explain some new details but someone with a whistle did not allow him to keep talking cause the host was excited and kept asking for any new hints. Again their show for their 35th anniversary felt fun. This show was like lets just toss something out cause we haven't done anything outside release some toys with a 30th anniversary sticker this year. Honestly they could have just made a post on twitter rather than do this show.

Colors Ultimate has some HORRIBLE lighting dude. Like. Wow.

unknown.png

WOW.

Also Sonic 3 and CD roms with widescreen 1 & 2. Hilariously unprofessional looking.

I'm amazed, gg guys. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's the colors trailer without the stream lag: It does look noticeably better.

Just now, NoKaine said:

There is zero indication of how it runs.

I didn't say how it runs. I said how it looks.

Try harder next time.

Just now, NoKaine said:

They did have something to show. You just expected everything from a 12-minute stream announced two days ago, and a month before E3.

*makes jerkoff motion*

I'm fascinated to know how you knew what I expected.

• Chuckle 1