Awoo.

Sonic Central Presentation coming May 27th | New Projects to be Announced

Wraith

Okay so...

All the crossover stuff with other SEGA games? That's cute.

Colours Ultimate? Looks a bit disappointing. Too much of a straight port. I don't really care for the added skins, but that's nice enough for those who want them. There were several graphical changes that I didn't expect. The rainbow rings and some bloom.

Rise of the Wisps? Awesome.

Sonic Origins with StealthTax remakes? Amazing.

Sonic Origins with S3K as a cheap, lame emulation? Fucking kill me.

The Hardlight stuff? Don't care.

Prime? That Eggman logo is cool. Nothing else to say though.

The new teaser? That's all I wanted to see! I'm intrigued, but can wait for some more info on this.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's disappointing it seems they've done the exact same thing with revealing the new main game a year early, but at least there'll be plenty of content in between. Didn't even have the Archie comics anymore at that point.

Sonic Origins sounds like it'll be more than just ports, so hoping it'll be the Taxman ones. Would've thought they'd that say though.

Just now, Tornado said:

I didn't say how it runs. I said how it looks.

You literally said "running it on Dolphin." 

Also, what does that even mean.

It's an HD remaster of a Wii game. Colors on Dolphin looks like... an HD remaster of a Wii game. I would be genuinely surprised if this was a full-on remake.

1 minute ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Here's the colors trailer without the stream lag: It does look noticeably better.

That is MUCH better on the lighting. 

2 minutes ago, Tornado said:

*makes jerkoff motion*

I'm fascinated to know how you knew what I expected.

???

13 minutes ago, PSI Wind said:

Why is Colors Ultimate an EGS exclusive?

Because Epic threw a bag of money down onto SEGA and they agreed to it.

I really fucking hate this buying up exclusives crap.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Tornado said:

That was a lot of hooplah for...

*checks notes*

A port of Colors that looks worse than running it in Dolphin and is moneyhatted to EGS, something they made look like another collection of ROMs and a big ass book. Don't understand why they did it now when they had basically nothing to show, but whatever.

Also, a new teaser with realistic visuals. That’s at least a sign they’re breaking away from the jello trees era. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, azoo said:

Also Sonic 3 and CD roms with widescreen 1 & 2. Hilariously unprofessional looking.

I'm amazed, gg guys. 

The Sonic CD footage was also widescreen. Other than that, I agree. Not including Sonic 3&K at all would look more professional than this, as sad as that sounds.

• Thumbs Up 3

It looks like they might have added fur to Sonic's quills in Colors.

SonicQuillFur.PNG

The glitch effects in the teaser make me think that this takes place in a virtual world. There hasn't been a Sonic game specifically about that yet. 

I don't know how production works, but there couldn't be more after all this time? Like just a bit of gameplay. A hint. Because as it is it says even less about the game than Forces'. I'm guessing Boost and 2.5D are back though. If that isn't too much to presume from him zooming off at a side angle.

Screenshot_20210527-124716_YouTube.jpg

I nabbed some shots of Sonic with the different shoes/gloves. Sorry they're low quality from the stream.

Spoiler

Silver:

spacer.png

Gold:

spacer.png

Paint:

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

If you can customize him, that's cool. That is definitely something they should keep from Forces.

Doesn't seem like in-depth customization, though. With how super conservative SEGA is with Sonic's skins in Smash, different colored shoes and gloves are probably the best we're getting.

So, I'm not the only one who thinks the musical cue before the teaser is from Adventure 1, right?

What are the chances that that new theme song might be for the new game?

15 minutes ago, azoo said:

Colors Ultimate has some HORRIBLE lighting dude. Like. Wow.

unknown.png

WOW.

Also Sonic 3 and CD roms with widescreen 1 & 2. Hilariously unprofessional looking.

I'm amazed, gg guys. 

So I wasn't the only one.

They threw so many visual effects onto Colours that even the original Wii game looks better, and I am genuinely not exaggerating. The lighting and contrast is so off, I was hoping for a Hedgehog Engine 2 visual spectacle, but got a dumb HDR camera filter instead. How does an HD remaster with all the processing power in the world look worse than a 2010 Wii game that was already pushing the weak console to it's limit?

spacer.png

There is no reason the two photos here should have such a stark difference in visual appearance.

• Thumbs Up 3

The customization is cool, I'll admit. I guess that's also where the movie Sonic skin comes in if we get to see it at some point. It's good to know the red rings unlock stuff other than the Chaos Emeralds.

Call me a Sonic apologist or a bootlicker I don't care I liked the info we got.

• Colors Ultimate looks like a really good port.
  • We're getting new shorts to tie in.
  • Origins has the first 3&K rerelease in years.

The mystery game has me interested in learning more about it.

I don't know I'm just not disappointed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh, that was a thing.

I always expect a merch segment so that was a given.

Sonic's always crossed over with other strange series so I expected that. I always think of that hilarious Hooters pic with Iizuka.

Not gonna lie, that "Sonic hospital" had me burst out in laughter. Slightly curious on that one.

Colors looks alright, but I'd be fine without it.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles had me concerned after seeing 1 and 2 in widescreen. Idk if it's the Taxman mobile ports, but I hope they finally wisened up with them being rereleased. Collection seems really.... bare even with those games.

Nothing we didn't already know from the Prime segment.

I don't know what to think of the new game, I just really hope it ain't more of the same old boost stuff.

That Colors animation looks okay, even if slightly less animated than the other shorts we've gotten. Sad to say though, Metal Sonic has lost his appeal for me for quite a while.

I'll end by saying with how joyous it felt to see the Sonic Team logo again. I don't remember the last time I've seen it, probably a decade ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

The bloom in the official trailers are significantly toned down (but they're still present), which also show that it's definitely in 60 FPS.

Well I'm glad to see more realistic environments back in Sonic, though it still looks like the Unleashed model they've been using. Shame, because that model has always looked too cutesy and chubby for Sonic, plus he still looks undetailed compared to his surroundings. I might sound a bit nitpicky here, but the models, especially with the eyes and face, help to convey the tone well for me.

Shadow the Hedgehog is a great example. The game has more realistic environments, but the shorter, cartoonier, and glossy Heroes models that worked for that particular game don't work for Shadow, where they contrasted with everything else. 

still hopeful about a new 2D/pixel art game!!  now that the presentation has happened, it is clear that it wouldn't have been the suitable place to even hint at its existence.  it can come as a surprise later on!  I suppose the actual anniversary day itself would be best!!

1 hour ago, NoKaine said:

You literally said "running it on Dolphin." 

image.png.c540d935622c6ab5da211a12b6006e47.png

image.png.419d943bebbe13cadccc957eb9536dac.png

image.png.eb1504e84ba05acef1d74706e665cd8a.png

image.png.9e2153ad390779aa5be48b7560884269.png

image.png.fa12d019cac38ee9e443b77247fec9b1.png

"than running" in the context of that sentence would be a point of comparison to the trailer they showed and what I can do myself running the original game in an emulator.

Perhaps you need me to write this phonetically for you? Use symbols, or sign language?

Also, what does that even mean.

It means if I booted up the game in Dolphin right now, set it to output at 1080p (or more!) and hacked it to run at 60fps, it would look better than the trailer they showed off;  which wasn't out of line with what the thread sentiment already was and still is. It doesn't mean (in case that wasn't enough for you), that the game when it comes out is going to be riddled with performance problems or whatever dumbfuck imaginary meaning you took from the sentence I said and were trying to argue with.

It's an HD remaster of a Wii game. Colors on Dolphin looks like... an HD remaster of a Wii game. I would be genuinely surprised if this was a full-on remake.

Yes, thank you for noting the same point I was making in my original post. I hope the real adventure in getting to there was the friends you made along the way.

???

I shouldn't have to spell out your own posts for you, as the minimum age you have to be of 17 to legally have joined this forum when you did would suggest a literacy level consummate with understanding your own words at least, but I had to explain the concept of what "looks worse" meant above to you so let's go through it anyway:

You just expected everything from a 12-minute stream announced two days ago, and a month before E3.

You just expected everything from a 12-minute stream

You just expected

What exactly did I expect, pray tell? You seem to know, so tell the class.

Was it more than an announcement trailer of a rom collection that they've already released countless times before, so poorly put together that it just confuses whether it will be ROMs on a disc or ports of the mobile remakes or new remakes (again) or deliberately shown off to be a slapdash effort of three widescreen remakes and an untouched ROM of Sonic 3 because that's what it will be?

Was it more than an announcement of an HD port of a game that they managed to make look worse than aesthetically inferior to if I just emulated that game in HD, then locked it to a shitty platform on my system of choice?

Was it more than a... 10 second Unreal animation showing a logo to say a new game exists?

Was it more than a book? A commemorative coin? A Knuckles chain you can wear in the hood?

Was it more than DLC for mobile games?

Throw-ins for unrelated games that Sega published, one of which has already had such content before?

Maybe I even expected a big nothingburger, and was primarily disappointed because that's what they did despite hyping it up; but I can't pretend to know as much about what I expected as YOU do.

Perhaps the argument can be made that Sega was just showing this stuff too early, but holy shit, it's almost as if Sega was the one who told people to mark the date for this livestream event "announced two days ago, and a month before E3;" and not people who otherwise wouldn't have had anything to expect anyway when they only had shit Zippo made up to go off of and we were so close to two much more logical dates (E3 and the actual anniversary date) to actually make big announcements about Sonic and have things further along to show off. In fact, son of a bitch, that was even the point of what I was saying:

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

Don't understand why they did it now when they had basically nothing to show, but whatever.

But I mean, I get it. Reading comprehension is definitely hard to take the time to do when you're trying so hard to be so contrarian and too cool for school; but perhaps you should consider it in the future since writing out elaborate responses in advance to arguments people aren't actually making seems like a recurring problem with you.

Lovely and to the point. Plenty of things revealed, and with more known to be coming (the comics announcement), we should have a great year ahead of us. The new game tease has me intrigued, for sure.