Awoo.

Sonic Central Presentation coming May 27th | New Projects to be Announced

Wraith

All the crossover stuff with other SEGA games ? Not interested...

Colours Ultimate ? What's new?!...

Rise of the Wisps? Well, like all other mini-series, it will be quickly forgotten even if well made...

Sonic Origins ? Very disappointed : Compilations like SONIC MEGA COLLECTION and SONIC GEMS COLLECTION had much more content... I hope games like CHAOTIX and SEGASONIC will be added!!...

The Hardlight stuff ? That's what I prefered!!... Even if Pirate Sonic and Captain Shadow are already playable in SONIC DASH, I want them tobe part of SPEED BATTLE Soon!!...
Super Sonic and the Werehog willbe great additions, the PrivateParty mode has been wanted by the fans for a long time, I'm not playing SONIC RACING but their "Classic" additions are great!!...
In the future, I want more and more playable characters in SPEED BATTLE and DASH and if possible a Story Mode!!...

Prime ? Not interested by Sonic Cartoons, I'm fed up of new canons every two years, moreover it will be abandoned and almost forgotten in a near future  like all other Sonic cartoons...

The new teaser ? I wanted to see more, I'm fed up with teasers only showing Sonic running...
But I hope the end confirms another ancient civilization...

Sonic merchandise ? Well, they should have made something about First 4 Figures statues and the amazing Sonic Boom8 collection of figures by GNF Toyz in the video because I wasn't stimulated at all by what was revealed...

1 minute ago, King Conne said:

All the crossover stuff with other SEGA games ? Not interested...

Colours Ultimate ? What's new?!...

Rise of the Wisps? Well, like all other mini-series, it will be quickly forgotten even if well made...

Sonic Origins ? Very disappointed : Compilations like SONIC MEGA COLLECTION and SONIC GEMS COLLECTION had much more content... I hope games like CHAOTIX and SEGASONIC will be added!!...

Sonic Origins with S3K as a cheap, lame emulation? Fucking kill me.

The Hardlight stuff ? That's what I prefered!!... Even if Pirate Sonic and Captain Shadow are already playable in SONIC DASH, I want them tobe part of SPEED BATTLE Soon!!...
Super Sonic and the Werehog willbe great additions, the PrivateParty mode has been wanted by the fans for a long time, I'm not playing SONIC RACING but their "Classic" additions are great!!...
In the future, I want more and more playable characters in SPEED BATTLE and DASH and if possible a Story Mode!!...

Prime ? Not interested by Sonic Cartoons, I'm fed up of new canons every two years, moreover it will be abandoned and almost forgotten in a near future  like all other Sonic cartoons...

The new teaser ? I wanted to see more, I'm fed up with teasers only showing Sonic running...
But I hope the end confirms another ancient civilization...

Sonic merchandise ? Well, they should have made something about First 4 Figures statues and the amazing Sonic Boom8 collection of figures by GNF Toyz in the video because I wasn't stimulated at all by what was revealed...

You're done benting your frustrations or something?

53 minutes ago, Tornado said:

image.png.c540d935622c6ab5da211a12b6006e47.png

image.png.419d943bebbe13cadccc957eb9536dac.png

image.png.eb1504e84ba05acef1d74706e665cd8a.png

image.png.9e2153ad390779aa5be48b7560884269.png

image.png.fa12d019cac38ee9e443b77247fec9b1.png

"than running" in the context of that sentence would be a point of comparison to the trailer they showed and what I can do myself running the original game in an emulator.

Perhaps you need me to write this phonetically for you? Use symbols, or sign language?

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

A port of Colors that looks worse than running it in Dolphin 

Says nothing about graphics and graphics alone. Framerate is also something you "look at." 

It means if I booted up the game in Dolphin right now, set it to output at 1080p (or more!) and hacked it to run at 60fps, it would look better than the trailer they showed off

Not really, no.  

Does not look substantially better than the remaster.

Yes, thank you for noting the same point I was making in my original post

So you are unironically crying that an HD remaster of a Wii game looks like an HD remaster of a Wii game and similar to how if you emulated the Wii game to look like a HD remaster. 

It will, and would never, look substantially better than the original, because it is a remaster, not a remake. If you only play Sonic games, then I can see your surprise, since SEGA normally never does remasters, let alone remakes, but if you are in any way aware of any other remaster... yeah, this isn't a surprise at all. 

I shouldn't have to spell out your own posts for you, as the minimum age you have to be of 17 to legally have joined this forum when you did would suggest a literacy level consummate with understanding your own words at least, but I had to explain the concept of what "looks worse" meant above to you so let's go through it anyway:

Bunch of big words for someone who doesn't understand the basics of game development and remasters lmao

Maybe I even expected a big nothingburger, and was primarily disappointed because that's what they did despite hyping it up; but I can't pretend to know as much about what I expected as YOU do.

So, you don't actually have any precise expectations, is what you're saying.

I expected basic things based on credible leaks and the length of a 12-minute stream announced two days ago. And I was right. And I am satisfied. Not stark raving mad over children's games.

and an untouched ROM of Sonic 3

By the way, Sonic 3 & Knuckles will be in widescreen.

Was it more than an announcement of an HD port of a game that they managed to make look worse than aesthetically inferior to if I just emulated that game in HD, then locked it to a shitty platform on my system of choice?

How blind do you have to be to think it looks worse in any way to a Wii game.

I also don't get the crying about EGS, but that hasn't anything to do with the actual game.

Perhaps the argument can be made that Sega was just showing this stuff too early

More like this is all they wanted to show. There is no clear indication of how much they can show, but it's definitely what they wanted to show.

Don't understand why they did it now when they had basically nothing to show, but whatever.

"WHERE"S THE ANNOUNCEMENTS WHERE ARE THEY SEGA YOU'RE TOO QUIET, I WANT TO SEE SOMETHING, REEEEE"

SEGA: "Okay, fine, damn here's some shit."

"REEEEE NO I WANTED MORE THAN THIS AYYYYYEYYEYEYEYE"

Like imagine being this mad over Sonic the Hedgehog.

1 minute ago, NoKaine said:

Buddy, you are this mad about someone not being excited about Sonic the Hedgehog.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

Says nothing about graphics and graphics alone. Framerate is also something you "look at." 

Not really, no.  

Does not look substantially better than the remaster.

So you are unironically crying that an HD remaster of a Wii game looks like an HD remaster of a Wii game and similar to how if you emulated the Wii game to look like a HD remaster. 

It will, and would never, look substantially better than the original, because it is a remaster, not a remake. If you only play Sonic games, then I can see your surprise, since SEGA normally never does remasters, let alone remakes, but if you are in any way aware of any other remaster... yeah, this isn't a surprise at all. 

Bunch of big words for someone who doesn't understand the basics of game development and remasters lmao

So, you don't actually have any precise expectations, is what you're saying.

I expected basic things based on credible leaks and the length of a 12-minute stream announced two days ago. And I was right. And I am satisfied. Not stark raving mad over children's games.

By the way, Sonic 3 & Knuckles will be in widescreen.

How blind do you have to be to think it looks worse in any way to a Wii game.

I also don't get the crying about EGS, but that hasn't anything to do with the actual game.

More like this is all they wanted to show. There is no clear indication of how much they can show, but it's definitely what they wanted to show.

"WHERE"S THE ANNOUNCEMENTS WHERE ARE THEY SEGA YOU'RE TOO QUIET, I WANT TO SEE SOMETHING, REEEEE"

SEGA: "Okay, fine, damn here's some shit."

"REEEEE NO I WANTED MORE THAN THIS AYYYYYEYYEYEYEYE"

Some of you really need to learn not all of us that grew up with sonic since the start in the 90s HAVE to like everything sega tosses out like we owe them something. They are welcome to have wanted more rather than the bare minimum.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Diogenes said:

Buddy, you are this mad about someone not being excited about Sonic the Hedgehog.

I'm mad because I came back to a huge quote insulting me, so I returned the favor. 

I'm not upset that they don't like a remaster of some Wii game, I'm upset that he calls me a piece of shit because he doesn't understand how remasters work.

No, I'm normally mad about nominally grown adults and their insane takes on Sonic the Hedgehog, like the user who thinks that Roger Craig Smith voices Sonic the Hedgehog to spite him.

And like... yeah, actually, I do think it's weird to get mad that an HD remaster isn't substantially different from the original. It's one thing to think "I want more than a remaster", sure, but they seem to think that the remaster looks not much better than an emulator that is forcing a game to look better (which is roughly what the remaster is itself) is a flaw of the game itself.

9 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

*a lot of shit*

Imagine being so hyped up your ass, you go full biased sonic fanboy in 2021 over someone not being as stoked for this shit as you, and even try defending a actual shitty scummy business decision like a AAA Developer making a game EGS exclusive for no other reason than money. 

• Nice Smile 2

5 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Some of you really need to learn not all of us that grew up with sonic since the start in the 90s HAVE to like everything sega tosses out like we owe them something. They are welcome to have wanted more rather than the bare minimum.

Am I the weird one for having tempered expectations for this rollercoaster of a franchise instead of frothing myself into a tizzy for literally anything?

I mean, I never expected a remaster at all, because SEGA never makes remasters to begin with. It's existence is a pleasant surprise to me, but I guess I'm not a real fan for not being upset. 

If this franchise is constantly disappointing you and making you upset every step of the way, it's okay to move on. 

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

It's fine being disappointed, I am too, however that tone of mock mixed with frustration is kinda annoying, I have to agree on that too...

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Imagine being so hyped up your ass, you go full sonic fanboy in 2021 over someone not being as stoked for this shit as you, and even try defending a actual shitty scummy business decision like a AAA Developer making a game EGS exclusive for no other reason than money. 

I don't use EGS, so I don't really care at all about it.  Maybe I'm privileged because no game I really want has been EGS exclusive, but... yeah, I don't really care.

Also, all games are made exclusive for money... do you think Nintendo makes exclusives out of the goodness of their heart?  They could put all their games on PC or PS5, but it wouldn't make their consoles money.

They are all corporations. None of them are your friends. 

So, what, are you going to keep buying SEGA games then, if they're that scummy? You'll sure show them.

51 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

You don't understand what he's talking about. This isn't about graphical fidelity, it's about deliberate choices being made (and/or, perhaps, issues with converting the game to new hardware/engines, etc.) with the art style and lighting and so on. Remasters fuck up visuals up this way all the time. The devs working on Colours Ultimate, Blind Squirrel Studios, even have a recent example they worked on--the Mass Effect remaster. Original vs Legendary respectively:

E1R-MhgXMAE0WmM.jpg:large

E1R-POdXMAMooem.jpg:large

• Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

So, what, are you going to keep buying SEGA games then, if they're that scummy? 

This isn’t like microtransactions or shit like Ubisoft’s entire existence here. EGS exclusivity is pretty low in the “scummy” department at this point, but it’s regardless still pretty shitty. I don’t have to full on protest Sega games entirely to raise criticism. People have bought product from corporations, and criticized them at the same time in order to make their voices heard, and changes happen. That said, no I won’t be buying colors from the EGS.

also, I LOOVE how you just did exactly what I just said about defending scummy business practices lol. (To the point you do a false equivalence argument by trying to equate a 1ST PARTY console makers exclusives, to a 3rd party relegating their multi platform title on pc exclusively to one market) Gonna defend microtransactions next?

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

You don't understand what he's talking about. This isn't about graphical fidelity, it's about deliberate choices being made with the art style and lighting and so on. Remasters fuck up visuals up this way all the time. The devs working on Colours Ultimate, Blind Squirrel Studios, even have a recent example they worked on--the Mass Effect remaster. Original vs Legendary respectively:

good sweet god what did they do to shepard rofl

5 minutes ago, Celestia said:

You don't understand what he's talking about. This isn't about graphical fidelity, it's about deliberate choices being made with the art style and lighting and so on. Remasters fuck up visuals up this way all the time. The devs working on Colours Ultimate, Blind Squirrel Studios, even have a recent example they worked on--the Mass Effect remaster. Original vs Legendary respectively:

I don't like what they did with the Legendary Edition, definitely, but that is nowhere near what they're doing with Colors. Assuming that the official trailers are more indicative of the final game, it seems pretty fine. More bloom than I like, but roughly the same lighting.

Their argument, though, was particularly about how an emulator can emulate a better looking game, as if that is a negative against the remaster, even though that is what a remaster is (not literally an emulator, but the use of new hardware to improve existing assets).

Ironically, Legendary Edition does employ new assets and such.

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

This isn’t like microtransactions or shit like Ubisoft’s entire existence here. EGS exclusivity is pretty low in the “scummy” department at this point, but it’s regardless still pretty shitty. I don’t have to full on protest Sega games entirely to raise criticism. People have bought product from corporations, and criticized them at the same time in order to make their voices heard, and changes happen. That said, no I won’t be buying colors from the EGS.

That's fair, I'm not asking you to buy it, I don't really fucking care (I'm getting it on Switch anyway...), but, yeah, you're kind of agreeing that it's not that big of a deal? But my apathy is apparently me being a "Sonic fanboy hyped up his ass."

EDIT: TO BE SPECIFIC, I don't get why Epic Games get particular heat for EGS exclusives*, especially when they're, like, timed. I also didn't get the outrage over Spider-Man being exclusive to Sony's Marvel's Avengers (but I guess no one cares about that game anyway). Like, yeah, it's shitty, but why do you notice it now and not before?

* I do think they are generally pretty scummy though 😛

4 minutes ago, Celestia said:

The devs working on Colours Ultimate, Blind Squirrel Studios

Well they are certainly living up to that name.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 4
  • Absolutely 1

The "positive" people going apeshit over mild criticism against a product SEGA is asking for money for is so nostalgic. SSMB really is back.

• Thumbs Up 8

7 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

you're kind of agreeing that it's not that big of a deal?

I said it’s not as shitty as microtransactions, or the racist, “we need a alpha male protagonist”, sexual abuse company existing, so by virtue, was lower on the “shit” list. But I never said it wasn’t still very shitty, or worth calling out. Certainly didn’t imply it wasn’t a big deal 

3 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Well they are certainly living up to that name.

Haven't heard much if this studio. 

5 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I said it’s not as shitty as microtransactions, or the rape company existing, so by virtue, was lower on the “shit” list. But I never said it wasn’t still very shitty, or worth calling out. Certainly didn’t imply it wasn’t a big deal 

20 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Imagine being so hyped up your ass, you go full biased sonic fanboy in 2021 over someone not being as stoked for this shit as you, and even try defending a actual shitty scummy business decision like a AAA Developer making a game EGS exclusive for no other reason than money. 

That does sound like you think it's a big deal.

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The "positive" people going apeshit over mild criticism against a product SEGA is asking for money for is so nostalgic. SSMB really is back.

So to be clear, this is all okay:

Perhaps you need me to write this phonetically for you? Use symbols, or sign language?

I shouldn't have to spell out your own posts for you, as the minimum age you have to be of 17 to legally have joined this forum when you did would suggest a literacy level consummate with understanding your own words at least

Reading comprehension is definitely hard to take the time to do when you're trying so hard to be so contrarian and too cool for school; but perhaps you should consider it in the future since writing out elaborate responses in advance to arguments people aren't actually making seems like a recurring problem with you.

In fact, son of a bitch

Because he just has some "mild criticism", but this:

28 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

But this isn't okay, because I'm like, not upset over a cartoon game.

Right? Okay.

Edited by NoKaine

1 minute ago, NoKaine said:

So to be clear, this is all okay:

Because he just has some "mild criticism", but this:

But this isn't okay, because I'm like, not upset over a cartoon game.

Right?

Right.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Right.

Right, okay, so you can be an asshole if you are mad over cartoon hedgehogs? 

Alright.

Sonic Unleashed is overrated garbage and Iizuka should kill himself. Also I fucked your wife 😛

3 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

I-wh-

y-yes? I literally just said I still think it’s a big deal, hence why I initially said

a actual shitty scummy business decision like a AAA Developer making a game EGS exclusive for no other reason than money.

Just now, KHCast said:

I-wh-

y-yes? I literally just said I still think it’s a big deal, hence why I said

Oh, yeah, okay, I read that wrong, my bad.

Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

Right, okay, so you can be an asshole if you are mad over cartoon hedgehogs? 

Alright.

Sonic Unleashed is garbage. Also I fucked your wife 😛

Sonic Unleashed is my wife so jokes on you dumpster humper

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 5