Awoo.

Sonic Central Presentation coming May 27th | New Projects to be Announced

Wraith

I figured more people would get here discussing the news but I did NOT expect this kind of topics. Very interesting.

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Sonic Unleashed is my wife so jokes on you dumpster humper

Hahaha, the funny, but like, no, really, do you guys accept being assholes to each other only if you are also mad at Sonic? On a Sonic forum?

Venting on people because you're mad at video games is okay, but venting at people because they vent on you because they're upset at video games, that's wrong.

I mean, I'm still here, so I suppose you "accept" that, but I've never seen a halfway competent and not some 4chan forum that is this weird about civility. 

Highlights: The concert, re-releases of 3&K and The Taxman Sonic games and the new animations.

Don't know much about the rest to comment and I'm not sure about Colours Ultimate just yet. Not a fan of the Wisp gameplay.

I do wish we could have re-releases of post Adventure games, including the handheld titles but this was my only issue. This presentation was good otherwise.

15 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

EDIT: TO BE SPECIFIC, I don't get why Epic Games get particular heat for EGS exclusives*, especially when they're, like, timed. I also didn't get the outrage over Spider-Man being exclusive to Sony's Marvel's Avengers (but I guess no one cares about that game anyway). Like, yeah, it's shitty, but why do you notice it now and not before?

Cute you tried changing your original argument about Nintendo games being exclusive. Also I did notice it, and call it out before. I have posts on here specifically calling out Square Enix regarding the Spider-Man exclusive shit.  But that’s an entirely different argument I won’t get into 

42 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

Says nothing about graphics and graphics alone. Framerate is also something you "look at." 

You're trying very, desperately hard to gleam imagined meaning from one sentence in order to look right when it's already been explained to you.

Not really, no.  

Does not look substantially better than the remaster.

Yeah, we're already showing screenshots of how much worse the lighting looks in the thread about the game. Nice try, though!

So you are unironically crying that an HD remaster of a Wii game looks like an HD remaster of a Wii game and similar to how if you emulated the Wii game to look like a HD remaster. 

Man, even by your standards this is quite a sentence.

It will, and would never, look substantially better than the original, because it is a remaster, not a remake.

lol

I like how you think these words have established ironclad definitions in your rush to make up an argument to apply to a post that you misread and are looking increasingly fucking stupid trying to save face over having misread.

Bunch of big words for someone who doesn't understand the basics of game development and remasters lmao

And yet still no understanding of the words you posted yourself.

So, you don't actually have any precise expectations, is what you're saying.

I expected very little. They provided very little, for seemingly no reason since they were the ones who set up the announcements at the time they did.

I expected basic things based on credible leaks and the length of a 12-minute stream announced two days ago. And I was right. And I am satisfied. Not stark raving mad over children's games.

lol credible leaks

By the way, Sonic 3 & Knuckles will be in widescreen.

Yes, fanstic. Something that wasn't known until well after the video was shown off (oh hey maybe they should have shown it off when they had something to show). Do you think that's a feather in your cap, or...?

How blind do you have to be to think it looks worse in any way to a Wii game.

Bunch of screenshots in the thread about the game that show how much worse it looks.

I also don't get the crying about EGS

And I don't really care. You're not grasping a point about a game being emulated looking better than when they do a bad job remastering it when there's fucking screenshots posted comparing the two and an entire thread discussing it, why do you think I'd care to litigate the issues with EGS and its role in the PC game industry?

More like this is all they wanted to show. There is no clear indication of how much they can show, but it's definitely what they wanted to show.

Right. They wanted to show stuff that they had to clarify isn't what they are actually releasing hours later.

"WHERE"S THE ANNOUNCEMENTS WHERE ARE THEY SEGA YOU'RE TOO QUIET, I WANT TO SEE SOMETHING, REEEEE"

SEGA: "Okay, fine, damn here's some shit."

"REEEEE NO I WANTED MORE THAN THIS AYYYYYEYYEYEYEYE"

It's almost as if I noted that they should have waited until they had more to show in my original post, which you still seemingly lack the comprehension to understand.

Like imagine being this mad over Sonic the Hedgehog.

Imagine being this mad because you were made to look like a fucking idiot on an Internet forum because you don't bother to read something before throwing a fit about it.

35 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

I'm not upset that they don't like a remaster of some Wii game, I'm upset that he calls me a piece of shit because he doesn't understand how remasters work.

I called you a piece of shit because you're a piece of shit. You, once again, saw a post saying something you didn't like without even actually comprehending what it said, then went on some humongous smartass tirade regurgitating stuff that isn't news to anybody posting without even stopping to realize that you eventually started making the same points as the post you went into a shitfit about in the first place.

Learn to read before trying to use an internet forum.

Just now, KHCast said:

Cute you tried changing your original argument about Nintendo games being exclusive.

28 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

do you think Nintendo makes exclusives out of the goodness of their heart?  They could put all their games on PC or PS5, but it wouldn't make their consoles money.

How? 

I'm not upset over Nintendo exclusives. I know exactly why they're exclusive. I know why Sony moneyhatted Spider-Man. I know why EGS moneyhats their exclusives. I've noticed this a long time ago. But, like, why be upset now? They have never done this out of any virtue. And it's like, whatever. 

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

I have posts on here specifically calling out Square Enix regarding the Spider-Man exclusive shit.

It's great that you're consistent, I guess.

Well, this is getting a tad out of subject. Can we go back over-analyse every small detail found thus far?

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Tornado said:

You're trying very, desperately hard to gleam imagined meaning from one sentence in order to look right when it's already been explained to you.

Yeah, we're already showing screenshots of how much worse the lighting looks in the thread about the game. Nice try, though!

Man, even by your standards this is quite a sentence.

lol

I like how you think these words have established ironclad definitions in your rush to make up an argument to apply to a post that you misread and are looking increasingly fucking stupid trying to save face over having misread.

And yet still no understanding of the words you posted yourself.

I expected very little. They provided very little, for seemingly no reason since they were the ones who set up the announcements at the time they did.

lol credible leaks

Yes, fanstic. Something that wasn't known until well after the video was shown off (oh hey maybe they should have shown it off when they had something to show). Do you think that's a feather in your cap, or...?

Bunch of screenshots in the thread about the game that show how much worse it looks.

And I don't really care. You're not grasping a point about a game being emulated looking better than when they do a bad job remastering it when there's fucking screenshots posted comparing the two and an entire thread discussing it, why do you think I'd care to litigate the issues with EGS and its role in the PC game industry?

Right. They wanted to show stuff that they had to clarify isn't what they are actually releasing hours later.

It's almost as if I noted that in my original post, which you still seemingly lack the comprehension to understand.

Imagine being this mad because you were made to look like a fucking idiot on an Internet forum because you don't bother to read something before throwing a fit about it.

I called you a piece of shit because you're a piece of shit. You, once again, saw a post saying something you didn't like without even actually comprehending what it said, then went on some humongous smartass tirade regurgitating stuff that isn't news to anybody posting without even stopping to realize that you eventually started making the same points as the post you went into a shitfit about in the first place.

Learn to read before trying to use an internet forum.

I got to admit Tornado is probably one of the nicer mods I know rofl. Granted I try to be understanding myself with people on GameInformer when I mod but i applaud the level head.

Another point ive seen some fan worrying about pre-orders selling out on colors cause some links did not work I Can almost GUARANTEE that game will not sell out. This is not a rare game or nintendo with amibos.

11 minutes ago, Tornado said:

You're trying very, desperately hard to gleam imagined meaning from a one sentence in order to look right when it's already been explained to you.

That is because that is how I read it, and how it's readable. You are the one losing your shit over it. How much time did it take to crop out that image to make your point? Quite a while I assume. Or, maybe you're just great at Photoshop.

Yeah, we're already showing screenshots of how much worse the lighting looks in the thread about the game.

Yeah, they don't look substantially different at all, but hey, whatever gets you off.

Man even by your standards this is quite a sentence.

The repetition is the point, yes.

I like how you think these words have established ironclad definitions

They do. That is why we have "remaster" and "remake." 

I expected very little. They provided very little

Then what are you upset about? You got what you expected. Is that... not how expectations work? You know that having low expectations means... not expecting much? I didn't expect much. I got not much. I'm pretty fine.

lol credible leaks

lmao yeah, a Colors remaster, that wasn't told to us weeks ago.

Yeah, but there was a 4chan leak that named the remaster, a classic collection, and a teaser, which is what we got.

I don't listen to "Zippo" or anything. Actually, I stay away from rumors, because they're dumb. And I mean REALLY dumb. "Sora in Smash" dumb. Yeah, I said it.

Something that wasn't known until well after the video was shown off

The stream was two hours ago. You went off like this that quickly?

Assuming you're talking about Dolphin to the remaster, they look pretty much the same.

why do you think I'd care to litigate the issues with EGS and its role in the PC game industry?

Because... you did...?

No, it's rather clear that the stream was all they choose to show. It's even pre-recorded.

It's almost as if I noted that in my original post, which you still seemingly lack the comprehension to understand.

You're not saying anything that requires advanced comprehension. You are an angry fanboy. That is not hard to understand.

I... what?

Like, dude, I have said mean things to people here, but my comment that set you off wasn't even insulting you. Like I would honestly get it if you were speaking about other things I've said to people, but you seem to believe this is very personal.

2 hours ago, NoKaine said:

You literally said "running it on Dolphin." 

Also, what does that even mean.

It's an HD remaster of a Wii game. Colors on Dolphin looks like... an HD remaster of a Wii game. I would be genuinely surprised if this was a full-on remake.

That is MUCH better on the lighting. 

???

Little did I know, this was a declaration of war.

then went on some humongous smartass tirade regurgitating stuff that isn't news to anybody posting without even stopping to realize that you eventually started making the same points as the post you went into a shitfit about in the first place.

This sounds like projection, honestly.

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I got to admit Tornado is probably one of the nicer mods I know rofl.

That is a curious statement to make.

6 minutes ago, Zoomzeta said:

Well, this is getting a tad out of subject. Can we go back over-analyse every small detail found thus far?

Me and @Tornado will have to take this outside then.

I'll put on my Sonic fursuit.

• Absolutely 1

9 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

You went off like this that quickly?

You keep saying he blew up or went off about the announcement but...

“That was a lot of hooplah for...

*checks notes*

A port of Colors that looks worse than running it in Dolphin and is moneyhatted to EGS, something they made look like another collection of ROMs and a big ass book. Don't understand why they did it now when they had basically nothing to show, but whatever.”

this seems pretty tame to me. Only reason he’s doing this, is because you kinda instigated it by poking him and insisting he was saying shit he clearly wasn’t

My first reply was "we don't know how it runs" and a snide "you just expected." Yeah, it was pretty snide.

Then he replies to me with "Try harder next time" and "*makes jerkoff motion*", which I still don't know what he meant by that. I guess he means that I'm jerking SEGA off for not not liking a remaster, or something.

My next reply was basically the same thing I said the first time, then he blew the fuck up.

Never insulted his intelligence or called him a piece of shit. So, no, I don't think his reply was warranted.

His original comment was tame, my comment was slightly less tame, then he decided "I go on /vg/" and probably stopped short of calling me a slur.

And to be perfectly honest, I'm less upset with him than I am people who think it's okay to be like that if you lose your shit over SonicThat perplexes me.

But yeah, this is it. @Tornado. if you wanna keep going, we can DM.

Edited by NoKaine

38 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

That is because that is how I read it, and how it's readable. You are the one losing your shit over it. How much time did it take to crop out that image to make your point? Quite a while I assume. Or, maybe you're just great at Photoshop.

Literally takes two seconds to take a screenshot of something.

Windows key + Shift + S, Control + V.

Also:

38 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

They do. That is why we have "remaster" and "remake." 

They don't. Those words are completely slaven to marketing departments; used interchangeably by both the people making the games and the gaming public at large even when one blatantly would fit better than the other.

Edited by Tornado

Can you lot stop going back and forth? You're all gonna come out of this with a headache at the end it. 

3 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Literally takes two seconds to take a screenshot of something.

Windows key + Shift + S, Control + V.

...is that it? Right? Okay.

Also, I was talking about how you took a screenshot of your own comment then gratiutiously cropped three times for emphasis okay I'm done, I'll stop

SO GUYS, HOW ABOUT THOSE ICE MEDALLIONS OR WHATEVER

1 minute ago, Zoomzeta said:

Can you lot stop going back and forth? You're all gonna come out of this with a headache at the end it. 

I agree. Let's talk about these

n5dk3ww83p171.jpg

They're pretty... uh... yeah,

Edited by NoKaine

1 minute ago, NoKaine said:

...is that it? Right? Okay.

Also, I was tlaking about the quote of your comment that you explicitly took a screenshot of then cropped three times for emphasis okay I'm done, I'll stop

SO GUYS, HOW ABOUT THOSE ICE MEDALLIONS OR WHATEVER

I agree. Let's talk about these

n5dk3ww83p171.jpg

They're pretty... uh... yeah,

Well, they has some drip. That's the most I can say about that.

Just now, Zoomzeta said:

Well, they has some drip. That's the most I can say about that.

The drippiest. All the cool kids gonna be caught dead with their Shadow bling.

• Chuckle 1

Gonna be honest, once the stream was announced to only be twelve minutes long, some hours before it happened; I kinda figured with the leaks that were posted that I had a good idea of what was and wasn't going to be announced...so I didn't bother with watching the stream. And based on the information we now have, I'm kinda glad I did that. Few announcements, most of them being confirmed suspicions/leaks and no major surprises; and I can't really say that much if anything really excited me personally. Probably the one thing that got me the most interested was S3&K being re-released (and as of recently, confirmed to be in widescreen/being possibly remastered), but even that has its caveats.

In the end I feel I got exactly what I mildly expected, without even taking time out to watch it. I appreciate the radio silence finally being broken, but I'm still feeling largely ambivalent to the news otherwise.

Yeah once I heard 12 minutes I already figured, "There's not gonna be much" and sure enough, it wasn't. 

I'm down with the Colors Ultimate port and a new Classic Sonic collection. I wonder regarding the classic Sonic collection, are they based on the Taxman release or are they just widescreen versions of the original game? 

Then there's the new game. The teaser told us nothing (looking forward to the 20 minute over analysis videos). May as well had said "we're doing a new game". This stream wasn't necessary at all. 

Wait.....

Ultra-Smooth 60 frames per second performance on PS4 and XB1

You're not seriously telling me they couldn't get a Wii game remastered to run 60 FPS on the Switch, are you? 

EDIT: oh wait thats only on Gamestop. It's not on the official page or Amazon

Wow, and people complain about my ports being too bright. These Colours screenshots are absurdly dark, and the more I look at it, the more I suspect it's intentional. They've brought down the brightness of the existing lightmapping and then turned up the bloom and added emissives? You can't really be doing that without respect to the original scene and its look, as it saps away a lot of the indirect lighting and starts making things look very Doom3-ish (which is obviously not what it should look like).