Awoo.

Sonic Central Presentation coming May 27th | New Projects to be Announced

Wraith

Just now, Jovahexeon The Undyne said:

So....y'know. A remake.

I highly doubt it will be a remake. Partially because it's not a game that really needs remaking, partially because SEGA has never done that ever. Which is weird, but it would be weirder for them to change now.

Sonic's confirmed for Summer Game Fest. Probably safe to expect at least one game announcement at this. No reason for Colours Ultimate not to make the rounds. The retailer leaks would suggest an announcement was close.

7 minutes ago, Iko said:

Because Sonic Forces mobile plays like shit, crashes randomly, and it cheats because the developers are unable to balance it. They are one of the worst teams who worked on the franchise. Give me Dimps back instead.

If the 2D game is developed by Hardlight, all the hype is gone for me.

Is that true?

Yes it's true. They even worked on the PC version of Valkyria Chronicles.

Also I think that you're way too hung up on the practices of a money-grabbing F2P game that's intentionally unbalanced. It plays absolutely fine on most hardware, and it's designed to make you want to spend money. It's unbalanced so that you want to pay to unlock and upgrade the more powerful characters. If they were to make a regular paid console/PC game, it would be entirely different.

• Thumbs Up 3

Nice that Tyson Hesse got a (well deserved) cameo in the video. IIRC SEGA hinted at doing more animated shorts for upcoming projects. So perhaps we'll get a new animated short from Tyson in the Sonic Central Presentation.

Looking back at the Colors intro, yeah, the gif does look similar. The blue aura could just be Wisps.

The biggest contention points are Sonic's run cycle in the gif and the forest backdrop.

Modern Sonic has a distinct, balanced run, while that gif looks a little more frantic. It's hard to see, but in the gif, Sonic's left leg seems to go at a 45 degree angle and reach his hand. In the Colors intro, Sonic's feet are firmly in line with his shoulders / in the middle of his body.

ImaginativeWelltodoArcticfox-size_restri

The trees in Planet Wisp look similar, but they don't have that foilage (there are more flowers in Planet Wisp) and the forest in the gif look a bit more realistic. Actually, I'm reminded more of Mushroom Hill, but if that were the case, we'd see more... well... mushrooms.

But that scene is definitely teasing something "new." 

EDIT: It could also be Sonic Prime. I have no real evidence besides "why not?" But now that I think about it, his design probably won't be 100% identical anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Blue Blood said:

Yes it's true. They even worked on the PC version of Valkyria Chronicles.

Also I think that you're way too hung up on the practices of a money-grabbing F2P game that's intentionally unbalanced. It plays absolutely fine on most hardware, and it's designed to make you want to spend money. It's unbalanced so that you want to pay to unlock and upgrade the more powerful characters. If they were to make a regular paid console/PC game, it would be entirely different.

Last time I checked, it had severe input lag issues on Android devices... and a lot of people complain about disconnections and crashes, even in reviews. When they changed the camera system, it took months of glitchy camera until they finally managed to fix it.

I don't trust them, I absolutely don't. If they only work on porting stuff, then it's a smaller problem because ports are already existing games, but I would not want them to work on any major game at all.

No wonder there was that rumor about the Colors Remaster being delayed because it was unplayable then.

It will be like Planet Wisp in Generations, but THE WHOLE GAME, at 60fps, 4K and extra language options. Coming Fall 2021.

To me the gif looks like sunset in a forest.  The leaves and bushes looks too dark to be the Planet Wisp aesthetic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, N000 said:

Sonic's confirmed for Summer Game Fest. Probably safe to expect at least one game announcement at this. No reason for Colours Ultimate not to make the rounds. The retailer leaks would suggest an announcement was close.

So this announcement didn’t happen because of the leaks? That’s good but what timing!

I’ve not been paying much attention to the franchise for a couple of years or so. It’s great to be getting some official news finally ^^

Just now, Kittea said:

I’ve not been paying much attention to the franchise for a couple of years or so.

You haven't missed much lol

2 minutes ago, Thigolf said:

(tweet)

The teased Two Point Hospital items will probably also be shown.

Ah yes. We're finally gonna have the chance to operate Sonic ourselves, at last.

• Chuckle 4

1 hour ago, Soniman said:

Wtf is this bros?

AB869B8B-1D24-4E72-93E4-3CEE4419FA8F.gif

I know it isn't related but for some reason the first thing this made me think of the CG intro of Sonic Adventure with the shots of the forests with Sonic cut into it.

It could just be some new animation to go with the presentation, since it doesn't quite look like it'd be related to Colors necessarily (background is different from Planet Wisp).

I think the difference is mostly because it's a different time of day. It's planet wisp at sunset, IMO.

My guess is that HE2 let them do some new lighting stuff for the rerelease and the CGI is to emphasize that.

Planet Wisp always used brighter greens than this, it just looks like a normal forest to me. But I could easily be wrong since the field of view is so small 

1 hour ago, Soniman said:

Wtf is this bros?

AB869B8B-1D24-4E72-93E4-3CEE4419FA8F.gif

This looks very different from Colors' opening, and I don't see why they would remake anything in Colors or give it a new CGI opening cause it doesn't really need any of that. The game is perfectly fine presentation-wise.

Yeah, this opening does look pretty different from Colors. I'm hoping it is Sonic Prime, though, since it'd be a show of how good the show could look.

I'm not sure how confident I'd say it is Sonic prime, it seems too high budget for TV standard Cgi.

Considering they use a Colors trailer in the video itself, it'd be dumb if it was Colors Ultimate. They wouldn't do something dumb like that, would they?

(yes)

1 minute ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I'm not sure how confident I'd say it is Sonic prime, it seems too high budget for TV standard Cgi.

Netflix probably pays better for its CGI than anything CN or Nickelodeon would shell out for. I would be happy if it's Prime just so we don't have to put up with another studio trying to reinvent the wheel.

Yeah. I'd expect a Netflix show to have at least a decent budget. The Netflix originals tend to have more of a high budget look about them from what I've seen.

12 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Just throwing this out there but Sonic runs in a forest in the SA1 cgi intro 👀

image.png.bba2ff92d25b7cb1f43b45c0ebbf11ee.png

So it begins