Awoo.

Sonic Central Presentation coming May 27th | New Projects to be Announced

Wraith

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

spacer.png

Good thing I’m expecting this to be a 6-7/10 game! 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 3

12 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Good thing I’m expecting this to be a 6-7/10 game! 

Given past Sonic games, I can't say I blame you. I am going for a 7/10 game, personally, or is that too much?

32 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Just throwing this out there but Sonic runs in a forest in the SA1 cgi intro 👀

image.png.bba2ff92d25b7cb1f43b45c0ebbf11ee.png

CAN'T HOLD NO MUCH LONGER.

But it's not a SA remake, trust me.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

Does your uncle work at Sega?

• Chuckle 4

7 minutes ago, Jango said:

If you were to just put me in a vacuum and show me that gif, and ask me, “Does this look more like Adventure or Colors?” I would say the former. I don’t want to get my hopes up, but yeah. 

Funny enough, it’s most evocative of the Sonic movie, really, although that’s clearly a coincidence. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Jango said:

I assume your aunt who works at Sega told you so.

2 hours ago, Soniman said:

Wtf is this bros?

AB869B8B-1D24-4E72-93E4-3CEE4419FA8F.gif

I don't really get why people are thinking this is Colors Ultimate. I'll admit I'm no expert but I don't think most remasters rebuild the game from the ground up. That'd be a full fledged remake then right?

17 minutes ago, Jango said:

You buddies with Zippo? Lol 

Looks like sonic still has his side mouth.

No, it's the opposite xD I was literally making a joke about people like Zippo and such. I'm not serious, obviously. I assume you guys are joking around too, or is anyone really thinking I'm an insider? 👀

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

No, it's the opposite xD I was literally making a joke about people like Zippo and such. I'm not serious, obviously. I assume you guys are joking around too, or is anyone really thinking I'm an insider? 👀

We thought you were stating an opinion as fact and that you were basing that on nothing, which we’re all conditioned to look out for since people do that a lot. 

I think it's hilarious that in that this is the first Sonic games news from SEGA in years, and in this minute-long trailer they managed to include highlights such as...

Sonic's actual death scene in '06:

sonicded.PNG.e1a961226420a456ea9e264be27806e7.PNG

Sonic's universally panned and subsequently scrapped design from the movie:

sonicgremlin.png

And even a fan-made animation:

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Jango said:

No, it's the opposite xD I was literally making a joke about people like Zippo and such. I'm not serious, obviously. I assume you guys are joking around too, or anyone really thinking I'm an insider? 👀

Didn't you actually know some things about ASRT year ago? Namely the identity of the flagman?

3 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

We thought you were stating an opinion as fact and that you were basing that on nothing, which we’re all conditioned to look out for since people do that a lot. 

No problem, shouldn't have made that joke right now. But we're finally there. It could be a SA remake, who knows. I still think that's Colors honestly.

13 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I don't really get why people are thinking this is Colors Ultimate. I'll admit I'm no expert but I don't think most remasters rebuild the game from the ground up. That'd be a full fledged remake then right?

Because this clearly isn't game footage, it's a CGI cutscene, people are betting it is a new CGI sequence made for the announcement trailer, not the game itself.

7 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Sonic's universally panned and subsequently scrapped design from the movie

Where???

Oh boy. This may very well, not be a drill 

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, Jovahexeon The Undyne said:

Where???

Literally right there in the screenshot I posted... in the post you quoted.

sonicgremlin.png

Behind the logo and the word "unstoppable".  

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon The Undyne said:

It's stretched, not a wider resolution.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, NoKaine said:

Modern Sonic has a distinct, balanced run, while that gif looks a little more frantic. It's hard to see, but in the gif, Sonic's left leg seems to go at a 45 degree angle and reach his hand. In the Colors intro, Sonic's feet are firmly in line with his shoulders / in the middle of his body.

But that scene is definitely teasing something "new." 

EDIT: It could also be Sonic Prime. I have no real evidence besides "why not?" But now that I think about it, his design probably won't be 100% identical anyway.

hmm!!  There is some small possibility that the followup to Mania, as far as a collaboration between both teams, could be involved!  Mania was presented as though it were a Saturn game from a parallel universe.  what would have been the next game??  

Just now, Jovahexeon The Undyne said:

A response to the thread pointed out they just cropped the full image, it's not widescreen

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Jovahexeon The Undyne said:

I'm seasoning my shoe. No shame in admitting I was wrong. But Zippo didn't acted in good faith, so not apologizing to him or anything. I want Sonic 3. Gimme.

EDIT: FUCK.

Edited by Jango
  • Chuckle 1

Thats not a wider res, it's stretched. Look at its size compared to S2 below it.

[IMG]

[IMG]

For extra proof.

Considering footage from a fan animation got in, I'd be wary of taking any of these little background clips as "hints" or "leaks".

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm not expecting anything. Probably a lot of housekeeping and merchandise announcements plus "revealing" what has been leaked recently (game collection and colors ultimate).