Awoo.

Sonic Central Presentation coming May 27th | New Projects to be Announced

Wraith

7 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

This is the one studio that I'm surprised might have something to do with Sonic. I know RGG Studios is Sega but still. Having played most Yakuza games makes me really curious if they will have any crossover with Sonic (maybe a Sonic arcade in Lost Judgment?).

Apparently Sonic the Fighters will be in Lost Judgement.

28 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:
  Hide contents

It's one of those things that you're not really meant to think about, and for that reason I find that the added detail of fur often makes him look too detailed. His still managed to look fine in the movie however, and seems to imply that his regular spikes are just a styling of many smaller, individual spines arranged into a shape, not dissimilar to that of a real hedgehog. 

Reveal hidden contents

tempsnip.png

That's only if you read between the lines of what's ultimately just a gag. His chest hair is also fluffy in that scene. And also it's the movie, not the games.

Sonic's spikes are just... Sonic's spikes. I hate the imagery of of Sonic having these huge, floppy, hairy tumours hanging off his head, and I find that almost inevitable whenever someone tries to give him fur that's too details. That '06 render is a prime example of that, honestly. They really should just keep him simply textured. But like I said before, the movie generally pulls of his furrier look pretty well, so I'm not totally against idea these days.

Wait what the fuck does this have to do with the teaser clip? Spoilering my response to @Marcello and @Shaddy Zaphod's discussion about Sonic and fur cause it's going off-topic.

Fair enough, I just hate the molded plastic look Sonic has in renders nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whatever comes, I'll be happy to be talking about it. Hopefully we don't see any leaks. I also assume that - thanks to those tweets about the comics and Summer Game Fest - we'll only get teases about the new game and comics here, with the full reveals for both coming in June. Let's just wait until it begins without overhyping, and hopefully nothing leaks in the thirty hours remaining until it starts.

Ok so, expectations in check, here's what I think we'll realistically get tomorrow:

1. Sonic Colours Ultimate announcement
  2. Some basic ports to PC and probably Switch (Sonic 1 and 2 are what I think we'll get, but anything from the 2003/2008 era would be my preferred option)
  3. Comics previews
  4. Some words about the movie being a success
  5. Mobile games updates or new title altogether
  6. A smaller 2D game releasing either November this year or March next year, maybe oustourced
  7. CGI trailer for the next big 3D game (which that bit from the trailer is from, and... it's Colours 2)

HARDlight confirmed annoucements will be made for its mobile games during the event!!...
I truly love HARDlight's games (most of them just lack a Story Mode but they are excellent games which are very often updated)!!...

I would have loved annoucements by GNF Toyz too concerning their incredible Sonic Boom8 collection of figures, both "Classic" and "Modern"!!...

1 hour ago, DiamondX said:

This is the one studio that I'm surprised might have something to do with Sonic. I know RGG Studios is Sega but still. Having played most Yakuza games makes me really curious if they will have any crossover with Sonic (maybe a Sonic arcade in Lost Judgment?).

Wait.... am I recollecting wrong or didn't the Yakuza creator say he wanted to take a try at doing a Sonic game?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, SonicLegends said:

Wait.... am I recollecting wrong or didn't the Yakuza creator say he wanted to take a try at doing a Sonic game?

Yes, albeit very recently and off-handedly. If he was ever to be involved with Sonic, it wouldn't be anytime so soon. 

35 minutes ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

I don't wanna over hype anyone but...

*tweets and people who tweeted*

This doesn't happen unless something VERY significant is planned. The last time I recall a similar event happening was the 25th announcement. The other time was the reveal of Boom. 

I don't take this as confirmation of anything, but it's nice that there's a positive buzz at any rate. 

Meanwhile!

They have given us a sign!

They have given us... A Shoe!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Just now, Badnik Mechanic said:

Meanwhile!

They have given us a sign!

They have given us... A Shoe!

Ah yes. Finally, some good fucking food.

• Chuckle 2

there's gotta be some mandate keeping them from making sonic shoes irl because they've had, like, three separate opportunities in the past 5 years and they've never taken it.

if they're worried about the michael jackson similarities then fair enough but like. imagine what it must be like being a SEGA representative, calling up a shoe company for a sonic tie-in and going "oh no no not the sonic shoes, just shoes with sonic jpegs on them!"

(sick art from uekawa as always though, i'll give them that)

Very unlikely but just popping in to say that I hope we get a glimpse at what eveningstar is up to tomorrow as well.

• Thumbs Up 9

3 minutes ago, AWild No.1 washed up gamer said:

Very unlikely but just popping in to say that I hope we get a glimpse at what eveningstar is up to tomorrow as well.

What if Evening Star is behind that alleged 2D modern Sonic game 👀.

Will we finally get Superpietepiet's Advance 4?

tumblr_ni35wq7CXt1qbgbeeo1_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

3 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Did you have to post that? Okay... now I'm gonna be disappointed if that is not the case and it's Dimps developing the 2D game and you know, the latter is likely lol

But man, a Modern 2D game by them would be fucking glorious.

• Chuckle 1

That mock up has been living rent free in my mind for 15 years now probably. Pietepet's art on Cadence of Hyrule is GOOD. Would love to see him as a 2D modern Sonic art director.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

DUDE. Don't do this xD I'm barely wake yet, this looks legit. This looks awesome. Brilliant even.

• Chuckle 1

Then there's also this:

tumblr_nutv59iWcG1qbgbeeo1_500.png.525ef309a529d4847afbaeb73954b9b9.png

A man can dream...

*cries*

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 2
  • Too Many Rings 1

3 minutes ago, AWild No.1 washed up gamer said:

Then there's also this:

tumblr_nutv59iWcG1qbgbeeo1_500.png.525ef309a529d4847afbaeb73954b9b9.png

A man can dream...

*cries*

I have this print on the wall next to my monitor, and I can't tell you enough how lush it is. 

Paul Veer (Twitter, personal website), the artist behind that gorgeous mock-up and this poster, worked on Mania too and other games like Cadence of Hyrule. The man is a huge fan of the series. It's not totally out of the question that he would work on a new Sonic project. There's nothing to indicate such right now though, and I'm a bit beyond saying "x would be so cool" these days when we're just firing shots in the dark. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

> More Sonic shoes that aren't Sonic's shoes

Get the unbeliever!

Follow the Shoe!

Give me your shoes!

• Too Many Rings 1

6 minutes ago, Jango said:

This goddamn franchise has some of the best people, seriously. No wonder why it's still relevant 30th years after, especially for a videogame franchise. "Unstoppable" was a smart choice of word. No matter how much we fight, there's always something cool to look at coming from the comunity.

I agree, I'm very glad that we have this big active and creative and passionate community! You don't see that often in fanbases.

6 minutes ago, Jack-al said:

I agree, I'm very glad that we have this big active and creative and passionate community! You don't see that often in fanbases.

Which is why that video isn't about Sonic, that video is about us. That's very cool. We were, at some point, part of this. Most of us still are.  

• Thumbs Up 9