Awoo.

Sonic Central Presentation coming May 27th | New Projects to be Announced

Wraith

Tell me then, how many Sonic plushies and popsicles I have to buy to fund Sonic Mania 2 or S3&K remastered? 👀

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2

I "left" the fanbase for a while, but Mania very much got me reinvested in the series. I oddly wasn't even really that excited for the 25th Anniversary show like I am this one. I think the video they released was really well done and it honestly made me happy to be back in the fanbase again. I'm looking forward to what they have to announce, and a lot of the 30th Anniversary merchandise has me interested. I haven't gotten Sonic merchandise in a long time so I'll probably pick something up this year. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Let's be honest, I'm not super hyped on this, but for sure will watch it later when I get home from work. Hoping for an interesting new title to be announced. 

I don't think the mystery animation of Sonic running is from Prime. It doesn't come out until next year and I kinda doubt too much animation has been completed on it yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it’s ok to have a little tangent about Sonic’s texture since the thing hasn’t started yet. 

It would be wrong to give him a fluffy texture, because Sonic’s fur ranges from super short to just dominated by quills. The way to convey this best would be to just add some very subtle streaks of slightly lighter and darker shades of blue that only become apparent  in close-up views. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m gonna be honest. If the new game reveal (assuming there will be one) is just a cinematic trailer with no hints about the gameplay, I don’t think I’ll be hyped at all. Maybe I’m wrong on that, but after the Forces bait-and-switch, I just don’t see myself caring much no matter how dramatic or epic it looks. I mean, Forces teased the most dramatic set-up ever, and then what we got was as flat as anything else in the 2010s. 

edit: sorry about the double post. I didn’t get much sleep last night.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't wait. This has been a long time coming, whatever turns up at this event we should just enjoy it.  This franchise has been going for 30 years and that on its own is amazing. 

This is gonna be a wild week. Enjoy the ride folks. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Eurisko said:

Can't wait. This has been a long time coming, whatever turns up at this event we should just enjoy it.  This franchise has been going for 30 years and that on its own is amazing. 

We all should probably get some popcorn for the ride, too.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, CrystalMaelStorm said:

We all should probably get some popcorn for the ride, too.

Some? make it a large.

Just now, Eurisko said:

Some? make it a large.

Oh yeah! Maybe a jumbo big bathtub sized bucket so everyone can have some! It would be a clean bucket, not one like an actual bathtub.

• Chuckle 1

8 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

I... don’t agree with this sentiment at all. Honestly this franchise is in a position where, even if what they show looks promising, any optimism on my part would be generous and not entirely warranted. Yes, I’m serious. That’s how badly Sega has treated this IP. 

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, Whatever the WhoCares said:

I... don’t agree with this sentiment at all. Honestly this franchise is in a position where, even if what they show looks promising, any optimism on my part would be generous and not entirely warranted. Yes, I’m serious. That’s how badly Sega has treated this IP. 

I would normally hate to say this, but after the performance of past Sonic games, I am not even afraid to admit that you are right, or I agree with you. I am optimistic and realistic, and I think we all should lower our expectations and not get too hyped for whatever is coming, especially if we don't like what we are to first see.

• Thumbs Up 1

As usual it's just the perspective after Forces, in my opinion, that causes frustration and hesitation about the hopes for the next game. That's my take, I'm biased too, I've enjoyed bar Forces every piece of media in the franchise recently. Some games have been meh yeah, but I don't think the franchise is in a bad state right now.

Just now, Jack-al said:

As usual it's just the perspective after Forces, in my opinion, that causes frustration and hesitation about the hopes for the next game. That's my take, I'm biased too, I've enjoyed bar Forces every piece of media in the franchise recently. Some games have been meh yeah, but I don't think the franchise is in a bad state right now.

I suppose it’s about where your focus is. Sonic’s world is charming enough, but I’m really not into anything outside of the games. 

Just now, Jack-al said:

I must say, while fans are responsible for controlling their own feelings and reactions, and expectations, I still say it is natural that if a game is not good and disappoints, it will cause people to see the next game in a rather negative light, and for many or all people, rightfully so. It's probably a law of nature in terms of people's thoughts and other things as well.

• Thumbs Up 3

When it comes to Sonic's texture, I think he should have short fur, but his quills should be similar to styled spikes, and his skin-looking fur could look like very short, light fur. I just want more realistic details on Sonic, like the movie almost, but still unique like the games. I've wanted a somewhat realistically textured Sonic since the PS4 had come out.

As for the trailer, I'll remain cautiously optimistic. Forces got me excited (aside from Classic Sonic, anyway), and disappointed me. Maybe there will be some cues to look out for, such as animation style, anything that may seem like a crutch to make the game seem like it's going to be great (maybe like Classic Sonic, it'd be sudden focus on Shadow as a major character, etc.) I hope there's going to be a shift of focus towards the Dreamcast era, but even then it might end up being a nostalgia-overload like the 2010s ended up being. I really don't want to see City Escape become the new Green Hill Zone. 

It's an anniversary show so I'm gonna get all nostalgic and enjoy those portions. I'm sure they'll announce a new game (not counting the rumored Colors remaster) but I'm keeping my expectations for those new games low. After the massive Forces dud, I feel this is all I should do. 

Frankly, I'm happy that things are moving again. I probably won't stop enjoying Sonic material, but I gotta say you feel an ennui when news is so cryogenic. Even if the resulting news is a disaster, at least we'll always have the memes on our side. Memes got us through the 25th anniversary disaster just fine. 

Anyways, as for what I think could happen.

• I expect  mostly collection news and such as well as going into detail on the contents.
  • Maybe, just MAYBE a teaser for the 30th anniversary game, and a release date in 2022.
  • We'll probably be getting comic news as well, like arc announcements and maybe book releases.
  • I also think we might just get some cast announcements for the movie sequel if possible.

While we are on the topic of expectations and disappointment, I noticed that there have been many people in the fanbase that are disappointed and angry about Sonic games as of late. Some have bad reason, and others have good reason to be so, though there are more people who likely have good reason more than a bad reason.

And yet, this fanbase is dedicated and cares for Sonic. Strange isn't? It's funny that people in any fanbase, or fanbases themselves, can be both even if it seems maybe a little contradictory. Still, in the Sonic fanbase's case, I say that is a good thing.

Anyway, I wonder what details might be revealed about the new Sonic game, provided that it even gets revealed in the presentation rather than later?

Glad to see things have been patched up between Roger and SEGA. I guess he just had a lot of grievances that went unmet for a while. Good on SEGA for actually seeming to do the upstanding thing and help an actor. Considering how they borked over Ryan and Jason, that's comfortingly out of character for them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if it was a contract thing or whatever but I for one am glad Roger will be sticking around. Personally he's my favorite voice actor for Sonic. Yeah he doesn't sound like a teenager (though literally no actor but Jaleel White when he actually was one actually sound like teenagers) but he sounds like a cocky adventurer so y'know like Sonic. 

10 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Well guess they worked their issues out. Good to hear

He's brilliant. I'm glad.

Well holy shit, I did not expect this in a million years. Welcome back, Roger!