Awoo.

Sonic Colors: Rise of the Wisps Animation Announced

Sonictrainer

Another Sonic cartoon will be made taking place in Sonic Colors.

51207538578_da03063363_o.png

The full, combined version of Sonic Colors: Rise of the Wisps! Enjoy!

Temperatures rise as Sonic and Metal Sonic clash. Sprinkle in some Wisps to the mix and you have a real feast for the eyes. It's a race against the clock, can Sonic and Jade team up to save the Wisps?

Something is rotten in Sweet Mountain! Dr. Eggman and his robot henchmen are devilishly up to no good. After narrowly escaping one of Eggman’s facilities, a lone Jade Wisp searches for help and comes across Sonic and Tails. Will Eggman and his robots be served their just desserts?

Edit: Adding Trailer

SEGA unveiled a teaser to the two-part animation series, Sonic Colors: Rise of the Wisps, the first short-form animation featuring full dialogue and a voice cast including the return of legendary Sonic voice actor, Roger Craig Smith.

• Thumbs Up 3

Virtually the only interesting thing from this presentation for me.

Should be interesting watching something Colors-related with (hopefully) actual good dialogue.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm honestly surprised there's voice acting. I welcome it though it'll be kinda fun hearing Roger and Colleen speaking Tyson written dialogue. I assume Tyson is writing it at least. 

I am curious though if it's canon to the game since it seems to be set exclusively on Sweet Mountain. 

This is what 2021 is all about.

This is the only thing I'm exit about, and da voice acting.

More 2D animation makes for a happier me. Inject it into my veins.

• Thumbs Up 6

This looks fun. I like that they're utilising the Jade Ghost Wisp for it, the animation style looks cool and hey, even Metal Sonic gets to show up!

Should be a neat little thing to watch when it arrives.

• Thumbs Up 3

This was the only thing revealed today I am excited about. Looks good as always! Interesting how they are adding voice acting now.

Did Reach for the Stars get a slight remix? I didn't notice it before but it sounds a tad different. 

21 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Did Reach for the Stars get a slight remix? I didn't notice it before but it sounds a tad different. 

I think it’s had a re-arrangement yeah, and I’m 100% here for it and waiting for it to pop up on iTunes etc so I can buy that bad boy because it sounds great

These animated shorts are always fun.

I was amused to see Metal Sonic since he's not in the original game, but according to the press stuff (and...not the trailer, weirdly) he actually IS in the remaster, so good job not false advertising SEGA !!

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

I was amused to see Metal Sonic since he's not in the original game, but according to the press stuff (and...not the trailer, weirdly) he actually IS in the remaster, so good job not false advertising SEGA !!

Huh?

What?

They put a new character in the game?

But... but that's illegal. 

2 minutes ago, Celestia said:

I will admit I'm maybe a bit too much of an apologist but I gotta admit I wish they'd showed off some of these new features so that stuff like Metal Sonic being in this trailer wasn't so out of nowhere. 

8 minutes ago, BadBehavior said:

Looks like it has the same energy as Mania Adventure or TSR Overdrive

Hard Pass.

Well; in my opinion, the animation here looks a little bit worse than those, but the inclusion of voices dialogue makes up for it. 

Oooh!  This looks really exciting!  I hope this animated short is good!

43 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Waitwaitwait... Metal's a playable character/skin in Colours Ultimate?!

...damn, I might think about picking it up now

I should know better than to listen to ‘The Internet saying things without providing a source’, but I’m seeing it mentioned in a bunch of places how great it is that Kate Higgins is reprising her role as Tails for this short and I’m really confused now and trying to find any official word on whether it’s Colleen or Kate. I just assumed it was Colleen when I heard it but they can sound quite similar.

18 minutes ago, NegaMix said:

Waitwaitwait... Metal's a playable character/skin in Colours Ultimate?!

...damn, I might think about picking it up now

That's an assumption and a half? They say there's a new Rival Rush mode where you race Metal to get rewards. That doesn't sound like playable Metal to me.

This is a really neat way to make a remake a little more special while also showcasing the new elements they've added to it. I'm always up for more Sonic cartoons (the ones they've done on YouTube have all been great so far) and the voice-acting's a nice bonus. Definitely looking forward to when these drop.

(Also, is it me, or does Tails in that sneak peek sound more like Kate Higgins than Colleen? Could they have gotten her back for this just to make it consistent with the voice in the game? Is it recycled clips from the game because they haven't recorded Tails yet or something? Is it just my ears playing tricks on me? Not sure.)

They've done a good job with the silent animations up to this point, but I am so ready to see what they can do with a voice track added in. I'm all in for this kind of content.

Making this voiced was a bad decision, the silent ones were enjoyable cause I didn't have to suffer through any horrible dialogue or voice acting.

Welp, Roger is back now and the "voice direction" people keep blaming for his bad performance isn't improving at all.

Happy 30th Anniversary, Sonic.

• Absolutely 1

He sounded just fine to me, so I’m certainly excited to hear and see more from this. I’ve been wanting one of these short series animations to have voice acting for awhile.

I’m just sad Generations isn’t also getting a remaster, cause that game sorely needed more story shit, and a short animated series would have been the perfect way to do that with how much potential was missed. 

Roger's performances are pretty great. It's just the way his voice sounds tends to shake in different ways depending on the medium he's in. I really love how he sounded in the O.K KO episode. It was super smooth there. 

Plus it's not just him. The entire cast suffers from it as well, even Mike at times. Of course, if you don't like the man's voice regardless than his performance is a moot point.