Awoo.

Sonic Origins | MT | General Discussion

Ryannumber1gamer
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

PSA: This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Origins.

Any new information or announcements surrounding this game (new patches, substantial comments from developers etc) need to be made in a new, separate topic.

As much as I want to find out about this project, and what features/extras etc we are getting this time around, I'm almost disappointed we won't make it to a year without news now, so close...

• Thumbs Up 1

What are the going bets? Do we think it will be a shadow drop trailer and release, or another Sonic Central next month with Origins trailer/release info and another Frontiers tease/little bit of gameplay?

• Thumbs Up 2

They definitely won't shadow drop it, especially if this gets a physical release which I expect it will.

Based on what we know of the game so far I expect this is the sort of release that won't require a 6+ month marketing cycle. Atm I'm betting on a release 2-3 months after the announcement. 

So if it gets announced this month or May I'd expect it to drop maybe July/August. It would fill that gap between the movie & Origins/Frontiers news in the first half of the year, and the release of Prime and Frontiers in the later half of the year.

We're so close to a year since this game was announced with recycled footage and not even so much as a placeholder logo. It would almost be a shame to miss that milestone.

Or more seriously, after such a long silence on something that by all rights should have just been a quick and easy collection, I hope that there's something special. The bare minimum for this title ought to be the mobile remasters with an S3K equivalent. I'm looking forward to Origins because I want to play the Classic games on my Switch. Even though S1 and S2 are already available there in multiple ways, they're just straight emulations or slightly enhanced emulations with crappy new features that I couldn't care much less about. But on that note, I already have the mobile remasters and S3AIR on my phone and PC. They're the standard that SEGA should be aiming for. If they're anything less, Origins will be a waste for a lot of people. An accessible, official way to access older games is never a bad thing though. 

• Thumbs Up 5

You can't expect them to shadow drop it, he wasn't even a character then.

• Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 8

Honestly if we get ANYTHING about Origins this month, I'll eat crow. (or at least, metaphorically) 

• Chuckle 1

Ah yes, the overnight rating in some random asian country. The next step is a leaked boxart in some random retailer and we're on babe.

• Chuckle 3

On 3/28/2022 at 2:23 PM, BubbleButt TV said:

i'm gonna make a prediction that we'll hear something about Origins shortly after the film releases, maybe April 14th or something

this guess is based on literally nothing so i might be wrong

alright I'm updating my prediction to this week, maybe April 21st

I feel like this is a decent enough time after the movie hype has finally settled

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Enesephus said:

Dammit, I was literally just about to post that, lol.

I don't know how much this means or whether anyone should get excited over this (probably safest not to, tbh), but there's also this on the Bumblekast twitter:

https://twitter.com/BumbleKast/status/1515893066262933509?cxt=HHwWisCjwcqtxIkqAAAA

Nope

I'm definitely of the opinion we'll hear about Origins sooner than later now that movie hype has normalized. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Saw a mutual retweet this 

Well then. Might be eating crow soon.

Also

4 hours ago, Jango said:

Ah yes, the overnight rating in some random asian country. The next step is a leaked boxart in some random retailer and we're on babe.

You were almost accurate?

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Way Past Cool 1

4 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Saw a mutual retweet this 

even if it's just a hoax, that looks awesome

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Jango said:

PlayStation: "Your wish is my command"

7 minutes ago, BubbleButt TV said:

even if it's just a hoax, that looks awesome

Link to the cover literally points to PlayStation's API. This is 100% legit

• Thumbs Up 3

Box art looks great. Amy and Metal Sonic being featured prominently is going to fuel my entirely unjustified hope that they'll be playable.

Spoiler

Gives us playable Eggman too, cowards.

• Thumbs Up 7

4 minutes ago, Cosmos Rogue said:

Box art looks great. Amy and Metal Sonic being featured prominently is going to fuel my entirely unjustified hope that they'll be playable.

Reveal hidden contents

Gives us playable Eggman too, cowards.

Are you sure it's not because Sonic CD is in this collection? :P

• Thumbs Up 2

Will SEGA have one day its content not leaked lol ? Not that I am complaining ahah.

I feel that we'll have some things in the coming weeks/days if we're lucky, I hope it'll answer the question of if it's interesting for hard fans like us that will already know the games and might want more than just being able to play S3&K on a non-modded switch, or if it'll be mostly a serviceable port for the newcomers post movie that will mostly just "exists".  ( Or if it'll be a complete failure of a port, but for the moment I don't think it's something that really frighten me, I fear more it being not interesting too me than it being downright awfull tbh. It's not the same level of complexity than a Colors port, for instance. )

What I would be more interested for would be new feature (I don't believe in new rendition of the removed levels or big stuff like that), and fun stuff like Knuckles in SCD and mobile port features.

1 minute ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Are you sure it's not because Sonic CD is in this collection? :P

Hush with your logic.

More seriously, Sonic CD is the least well known and popular game in the collection, and it is the only game in the collection that Amy and Metal Sonic appear in, so I do think it is a little bit interesting that those two characters are as prominent in the art as anyone else.

• Thumbs Up 1

If there's a PSN listing with artwork on there I deffo think we're very close to an official reveal.

Wouldn't shock me if they're preparing a news drop for this week or next week.

• Thumbs Up 3

I like that poses there way better than the Sonic Mania art they did in the same style. Sonic's quills are a little bit too long though.

No news about the game yet but I got a special early alpha version in 1994 and it seemed pretty cool then

• Chuckle 1

3 minutes ago, PickleBrows said:

If there's a PSN listing with artwork on there I deffo think we're very close to an official reveal.

Wouldn't shock me if they're preparing a news drop for this week or next week.

A Sonic Central perhaps?... or even the next TailsTube?

• Thumbs Up 1