Awoo.

Sonic Origins | MT | General Discussion

Ryannumber1gamer
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

PSA: This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Origins.

Any new information or announcements surrounding this game (new patches, substantial comments from developers etc) need to be made in a new, separate topic.

That was fast indeed. Guessing we'll be hearing news sooner than later. 

This is basically an April update in the wings. Sometime thins week I bet if that image is lurking out in the open. 

that art could be a placeholder since apparently it's not new and was already out in the open for a few weeks

@phobsoh damn we posted the same thing at the same time

• Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, Cosmos Rogue said:

More seriously, Sonic CD is the least well known and popular game in the collection, and it is the only game in the collection that Amy and Metal Sonic appear in, so I do think it is a little bit interesting that those two characters are as prominent in the art as anyone else.

Are they? They seem the least prominent to me, what with them being behind Tails and Knuckles and Eggman being so large behind them all due to being the main villain of all of them.

1 hour ago, BubbleButt TV said:

@phobsoh damn we posted the same thing at the same time

Great minds think a like!

EDIT: Removed to avoid spread of the misinformation

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, phobs said:

Great minds think a like!

Take it with MASSIVE grain of salt, but this user claims that this is music from Sonic Origins and says that the announcement is coming very soon.

Aw, if this is true, than no Sonic Jam like music? That's such a shame. Oh well. I can live with this.

8 minutes ago, azoo said:

Nope.

We’ll that’s embarrassing. Really don’t know what people get out of lying so boldly

• Thumbs Up 1

Gotta love how often the Playstation store is what always leaks collections. Same thing happened back with the Megaman Zero/ZX collection, where the whole page went up to which Capcom officially revealed the game the very next day probably out of panic. I wonder if the same will happen with Origins, Sega panic-reveals the collection right after everyone remembers "Oh yeah this exists".

• Thumbs Up 3

Did someone at SEGA recently discover gradients? Colors Ultimate has an ugly one overlayed on its art, too. 

This one isn't as bad, but it'd still look nicer without. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

29 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Did someone at SEGA recently discover gradients? Colors Ultimate has an ugly one overlayed on its art, too. 

This one isn't as bad, but it'd still look nicer without. 

yeah i'm not sure I understand the toxic green gas seeping in at the bottom lol4EFB67D1-0D63-44C8-ADCD-60940C6A123E.thumb.jpeg.5f8bba761d8a0b336b1fde62820cba2c.jpeg

• Chuckle 1

I'm expecting a reveal pretty soon, my guess is on Thursday since that is the day they usually announce stuff or upload videos to their channels.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, FReaK said:

I'm expecting a reveal pretty soon, my guess is on Thursday since that is the day they usually announce stuff or upload videos to their channels.

Just wondering; was that a day when the last Sonic Central happened last May? Thursday, that is?

I mean, last week was pretty busy. It'd be understandable that we'd miss this news. It definitely would've been a waste to keep that artwork for some generic corporate bragging.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, CrystalMaelStorm said:

Just wondering; was that a day when the last Sonic Central happened last May? Thursday, that is?

May 27th 2021. Thursday. Yep.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, FReaK said:

May 27th 2021. Thursday. Yep.

I thought so. Thanks for telling me.

Can't say I am excited yet, as nothing may happen this week, but I hope something does happen and we get some news.

• Thumbs Up 1

Metal Sonic almost looks like he's from the Japanese Windows 95 Sonic CD cover. I wonder if thats Kieran Gates work, it looks similar to work done for Mania.

• Thumbs Up 2

So we have some news on Origins. We also have small news on the show, Sonic Prime. Maybe we'll see more news on Sonic Frontiers in some way too. Even if that doesn't happen with Frontiers, I can see some announcements happening still soon this week. They may or may not happen, but it is good that we have gotten some news.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good to finally get some news, even if it's just a rating and a nice piece of art. Fingers crossed for a proper reveal soon, it's been an agonizing wait. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Since this is already on PSN database, I assume at least pre-orders will become available reaaaaaaal soon. My bet is that the game will come out on Sonic's birthday, pre-orders will open next week.

• Thumbs Up 4

If Origins does get a physical edition and it would cost 30 more or less, that alone should justify some kind of new feature or more. Unless they pull another mini artbook, which they probably will. I'm hoping for both because I have 2 of the mini artbooks and they are pretty cool, but I want those new features too.

• Thumbs Up 2