Awoo.

Sonic Origins | MT | General Discussion

Ryannumber1gamer
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

PSA: This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Origins.

Any new information or announcements surrounding this game (new patches, substantial comments from developers etc) need to be made in a new, separate topic.

A recent Korean rating for the PC version game has just surfaced, giving it a “suitable for all ages” rating.

25 minutes ago, Wil348 said:

Now rated in Australia too. Thursday announcement looking very likely. 

Sonic Origins rated in Korea, Australia (nintendoeverything.com)

That means it's rated here in NZ too. If it's been rated in Australia or the UK and lacks age-restricted material then our OFLC doesn't require it to be submitted for classification and just sells it locally with the overseas ratings labels.

Random useless information.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder when people will stop assigning announcements to random days of weeks. Not saying it won't happen, but it's kinda silly.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

I wonder when people will stop assigning announcements to random days of weeks. Not saying it won't happen, but it's kinda silly.

The reason people are guessing this Thursday is because major Sonic announcements directly from SEGA almost always happen on Thursdays. It's not farfetched. If Origins doesn't get unveiled this week, chances are that it'll be another Thursday in the not-too-distant future. People aren't just guessing at random here. 

• Thumbs Up 8

So far we've got more than one ratings board listing the game, PSN has a listing for the game on their network with key art already included, and there was that Sonic 2 clip from Xbox the other week with the ESRB logo that seemed to be from the start of an as-yet unseen trailer.

They're clearly gearing up for a reveal very soon. I'd honestly be surprised if this isn't shown off before April is over. 

It's interesting that Sonic Prime also just so happens to have been rated at the same time. I'm more curious to see if Origins is getting a trailer on its own or if we do have another Sonic Central coming to talk about various projects at once.

• Thumbs Up 3

33 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

The reason people are guessing this Thursday is because major Sonic announcements directly from SEGA almost always happen on Thursdays. It's not farfetched. If Origins doesn't get unveiled this week, chances are that it'll be another Thursday in the not-too-distant future. People aren't just guessing at random here. 

I guess you're right. I just feel like people are setting themselves up for disappointment.

10 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

I guess you're right. I just feel like people are setting themselves up for disappointment.

I personally do not see an announcement yet, so until then, I am excited.

Though the last Sonic Central was announced on a Tuesday, which makes me worried if an announcement for another one will happen tomorrow.

Speaking of setting ourselves up for disappointment:

If they find a way to recreate this, that'd just be swell, mannnn

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Speaking of setting ourselves up for disappointment:

If they find a way to recreate this, that'd just be swell, mannnn

If they do create something similar to Jam's 3D hub, perhaps they could use the low-poly design Team Mania created for Mania's special stages (or make a new design very similar).

• Thumbs Up 2

If we were to get something this Thursday, would they announce the announcement tomorrow or no?

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it weird that I'm actually expecting something TOMORROW instead of Thursday? I dunno, it seems like they're gearing up for something.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Is it weird that I'm actually expecting something TOMORROW instead of Thursday? I dunno, it seems like they're gearing up for something.

For reference, the domain for Frontiers was up 1 week before its announcement at the Game Awards. I'm not sure about tomorrow, but I think the announcement by the end of April is very likely

• Thumbs Up 2

41 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Don't be silly. Sonic Team wouldn't pass up the chance to announce an announcement. If we get anything tomorrow, it'll be "come back in 24 hours"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

8 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

What ratings did the game get?

I think they mean age ratings, so probably E for everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, phobs said:

For reference, the domain for Frontiers was up 1 week before its announcement at the Game Awards. I'm not sure about tomorrow, but I think the announcement by the end of April is very likely

A part of me doubts that they'll wait a week for an announcement. Unlike Frontiers, the key art for Origins was leaked as well, and I think SEGA knows that more could potentially leak if they don't start talkin' ASAP. Maybe this Thursday?

What is there to leak exactly?

Unless they powered through whatever development issues were going on with this add added functionality (like additional playable characters); all there is left to announce is a release date.

Almost anything else is just confirmation of little nit-picky things.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

I'm just going to wait and see. People were saying the same thing in regards to Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (We ended up getting a trailer AND a release date to July instead of September). I'm willing to wait give the leaks the benefit of the doubt. 

It's becoming more imminent, nice. I'm really curious to see what we'll get. It's funny, but more than the actual feature, I'm more interested with infos about how it'll be done, if we'll able to get informations from whatever we'll get. Who do it, how it's made, etc.

I mean, I feel that the game will certainly be underwhelming for us fans. It'll be certainly be far more interesting for newcomers wanting to discover the classics (and I think that some of the features will be making the games more easy to newcomers). I hope for nice bonus, but I feel that we won't be the direct target. Now, it might be interesting if it's a nice recreation, and how they'll have done it.

I see three main way to handle these ports :

- Reusing the taxman engine, and porting S3&K on RSDK techs.

- Half-emulation port, basically a game engine that would use the core rom for some stuff (like physics) and work around it (a bit like the Wonderboy The Dragons Trap remake, or like S3&K AIR).

- Yet another recreation from studying the core games.

I'm curious to see what way they'll go.

Spoiler

9DC26D55-C9A1-45F1-A5CB-B1072C8D8E28.thumb.jpeg.2c57d3a2f92fece76c3a75b2b1343ef9.jpeg
Looks like the game got leaked on the AU/NZ PSN store, complete with a description and release date.

• Thumbs Up 1

New animations and areas sounds cool.

Release is June 22 in Australia, so a day before the anniversary. I wonder if they held the game off till then or if they got lucky for when it was ready. Too lazy to check how the time zone would work out, but would that be the 23rd for other countries? I think they're actually ahead, so no, but am not sure lol

Headcannon being seemingly involved is sick. Gives me a lot of hope for these to be great. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't get your hopes up with Stealth and headcanon being involved, as the rest of the tweets indicate that's related to their current existing projects than anything specifically Sonic related.

EDIT: Welp. I was wrong. Glad I am though, as I'm happy to see that he is confirmed after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, TB100 said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up with Stealth and headcanon being involved, as the rest of the tweets indicate that's related to their current existing projects than anything specifically Sonic related.

I'm going to anyways, cuz I'm stubborn as hell and I want to hope.

• Thumbs Up 1