Awoo.

Sonic Origins | MT | General Discussion

Ryannumber1gamer
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

PSA: This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Origins.

Any new information or announcements surrounding this game (new patches, substantial comments from developers etc) need to be made in a new, separate topic.

I really loved what I saw. This looks like it will be fun! And I must say...

That's right, baby! All momentum, no scripts, no dash pads, look at it! I looks like goodness and some fun!

• Thumbs Up 1

They're really pushing us to get that digital deluxe edition, though. And for $45?!

...I like this collection, but I do not like that price.

• Thumbs Up 4

More extras than I was expecting, and the animations are nice, but $40 feels a bit steep. Seems alright but nothing I can get excited over.

• Thumbs Up 1

Given the price, I'm kind of disappointed they didn't add the other emulated Genesis and Game Gear games to fluff up the value, but that was never expected so I can deal. $45 is doable given the amount of love and effort here, though.

4 minutes ago, Marcello said:

The games look great, but why does a collection of SEGA Genesis games need a Ubisoft chart for all of its different versions? 🤦‍♂️

812Apuo.png

All that content should be part of the standard edition. 

Some saying not to be negative about the F2P Crazy Taxi and JSR, when this is how SEGA monetizes retro collections lol

First official reveal and sega wastes no time pulling some dumb shit like this, the legitimately cannot help themselves when it comes to putting bad faith in this IP

• Thumbs Up 8

14 minutes ago, Marcello said:

The games look great, but why does a collection of SEGA Genesis games need a Ubisoft chart for all of its different versions? 🤦‍♂️

812Apuo.png

Some saying not to be negative about the F2P Crazy Taxi and JSR, when this is how SEGA monetizes retro collections lol

This is confusing, so not everything will be included in the digital “deluxe” edition?

The only positive thing I can say about this so far are the animations are cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also there being no physical version pisses me off like why? I legitimately don’t see any reason for it, if your worried about potential sales not being enough to justify it that makes no sense, the friggin TMNT collection is going to be physical and Sonic has way more pull than that IP so im just going to assume it’s laziness. 

Im excited for it as a game because I can at least tell there’s care that went into this but the features being locked behind different versions and no physical really sour this for me

• Thumbs Up 2

£32.99 without the £4.99's worth of DLC (why are there tiers?) That's... madness. 

Otherwise loved the trailer and potential look of this.

Slightly concerned about the titlling and wording of the Classic Music Pack DLC - "Sonic Origins Classic Music DLC Pack features additional re-mastered music tracks from the Sonic universe." . Hopefully, that's all it is, but I don't want to buy back the original score ala Sonic Colours and Super Monkey Ball's skirmishes thank-you very much.

Other thoughts include:

- Confirmed Developers (Headcannon?) yet? These sure didn't look like the Sonic 1,2 and CD Retro versions from the initial eye outset. 
- Coins... albeit, Star Coins in a Sonic Game. Funny.
- New Animations skits FTW.
- For the price, is it selfish to expect Metal and Amy to be playable, or for other emulated/quick ports of the GG/MD games to be on here as well? We have have Sega (and Sonic) collections totalling up to (and more) than 50 games previously - and this has 4(.5) Sonic games. I do appreciate these are "reworked" efforts however. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Both great and eh. 

The package itself seems awesome. The pricing tiers are not. 

Companies can't just release a game normally these days. 

• Thumbs Up 4

18 minutes ago, Marcello said:

812Apuo.png

HAHAHAHA

Genuinely laughed. They have gone Assassin's Creed/Star Wars Battlefront mode with this.

The Digital Deluxe doesn't even have everything, so unless you pre-order you will not have everything they have to offer. On the highest tier.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Son-icka said:

£32.99 without the £4.99's worth of DLC (why are there tiers?) That's... madness. 

Otherwise loved the trailer and potential look of this.

Slightly concerned about the titlling and wording of the Classic Music Pack DLC - "Sonic Origins Classic Music DLC Pack features additional re-mastered music tracks from the Sonic universe." . Hopefully, that's all it is, but I don't want to buy back the original score ala Sonic Colours and Super Monkey Ball's skirmishes thank-you very much.

Other thoughts include:

- Confirmed Developers (Headcannon?) yet? These sure didn't look like the Sonic 1,2 and CD Retro versions from the initial eye outset. 
- Coins... albeit, Star Coins in a Sonic Game. Funny.
- New Animations skits FTW.
- For the price, is it selfish to expect Metal and Amy to be playable, or for other emulated/quick ports of the GG/MD games to be on here as well? We have have Sega (and Sonic) collections totalling up to (and more) than 50 games previously - and this has 4(.5) Sonic games. I do appreciate these are "reworked" efforts however. 

Madness?.....THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Sorry, but I had to.

So, was this done by Sonic Team and worked from the ground up? If So, I am impressed! I didn't think that without Taxman, they'd be able to make something like this on their own.

• Chuckle 2

3 minutes ago, Kittea said:

This is confusing, so not everything will be included in the digital “deluxe” edition?

The only positive thing I can say about this so far are the animations are cool.

It's DLC apparently. So thats why its not a day one thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

The Digital Deluxe doesn't even have everything, so unless you pre-order you will not have everything they have to offer. On the highest tier.

I think it has everything, the charts are just confusing - the missing stuff from the deluxe version is just early unlocks of things that can be unlocked in-game. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Cube said:

I think it has everything, the charts are just confusing - the missing stuff from the deluxe version is just early unlocks of things that can be unlocked in-game. 

No, it only has everything if you pre-order the digital deluxe. If you don't pre-order, you will not get the Start Dash pack which includes everything else that the Digital Deluxe is missing.

9 hours ago, Zoomzeta said:

I'm just going to wait and see. People were saying the same thing in regards to Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (We ended up getting a trailer AND a release date to July instead of September). I'm willing to wait give the leaks the benefit of the doubt. 

My instinct was right. 

Just now, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

No, it only has everything if you pre-order the digital deluxe. If you don't pre-order, you will not get the Start Dash pack which includes everything else that the Digital Deluxe is missing.

I think the Start Dash Pack is just early unlocks of stuff that can be bought in-game using coins (gained from completing missions), not additional things.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Cube said:

We're going to need some clarification on that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Welp, got my ps5 pre order down for the digital deluxe. Hopefully there will also be a physical version..I bought mania 5 times so..eh. I love classic sonic. 

So they are trying to sell paid Super Sonic again? (not literally, but this main-game-features-sold-as-DLC situation reminds me of what they were planning to do with Forces before the huge backlash).

Other than that, it seems like a good package, but boring as well... and overpriced.

5 minutes ago, Cube said:

I think the Start Dash Pack is just early unlocks of stuff that can be bought in-game using coins (gained from completing missions), not additional things.

If that's the case, why is 'Letterbox background' listed as a separate feature in the Start Dash and Premium Fun Pack DLCs and not in the Deluxe Edition if everything in-game is unlockable?