Awoo.

Sonic Origins | MT | General Discussion

Ryannumber1gamer
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

PSA: This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Origins.

Any new information or announcements surrounding this game (new patches, substantial comments from developers etc) need to be made in a new, separate topic.

As uninterested as I've been about this particular collection, I will admit that my interest did peak a bit when I saw the animations. There could exist a future where I'm interested enough to try it out just for the experience of seeing how it all fits together but it still isn't going to be a priority.

I'm just not that into the classic games. If this were a Mania 2 or a collection of the DS or GBA games then I'd be antipating it wholeheartedly but I can't pretend to be interested in any of these anymore, if I ever did before. 

I'm not even going to try and bother navigating that deluxe edition shit. I'm sure someone else can make sense of that for me.

Looking forward to more animations though.

• Fist Bump 1

Anyway, good for the people who want this and I might cop once the price is down, but I have no interest in a set of games I've played a million times already.

1 minute ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Will Knuckles finally be playable in Sonic CD?

He's not. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

15 minutes ago, Cube said:

- There's a "Story Mode" which combines all four games, along with the animations.

Hmm. Do said cutscenes and animations only come by playing this "story mode"?

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Confirmation in its primest form.

lol and people on Reddit we're saying SEGA misstreated Taxman and that they would never colaborate again.

• Thumbs Up 7

I find it a wee bit suspect that 3D, Spinball and Chaotix just so happen to be (optionally) available in the sound test. It makes sense to me that they wouldn't get highlighted given that they aren't getting "remastered" but I'm not ruling out yet that those games aren't available as high-end secret unlockables for completely missions etc.

If there was music from the 8 bit games, R, Fighters etc then I'd assume it's just paying tribute to the classic era but the fact that those 3 specifically are being featured has me curious.

• Thumbs Up 2

I also won't lie. Most of my hesitation comes with the fact that these games are crazy hard for me to play. Mania shocked me with how much more fun and easier it was. I'd be excited if these could play more like that game. 

I realized this when I played through the original Chemical Plant in Mania and started to fret but then got to the new Act 2 and suddenly things were way cooler and more fun.

For some reason I'm resistent to getting better at these games in particular.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I also won't lie. Most of my hesitation comes with the fact that these games are crazy hard for me to play. Mania shocked me with how much more fun and easier it was. I'd be excited if these could play more like that game. 

I realized this when I played through the original Chemical Plant in Mania and started to fret but then got to the new Act 2 and suddenly things were way cooler and more fun.

For some reason I'm resistent to getting better at these games in particular.

Well the games do have an Unlimited Lives mode, so the penalty of death isn't as steep now.

As someone who loves these games, yea they're kind of bullshit in certain areas lol 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, PickleBrows said:

I find it a wee bit suspect that 3D, Spinball and Chaotix just so happen to be (optionally) available in the sound test. It makes sense to me that they wouldn't get highlighted given that they aren't getting "remastered" but I'm not ruling out yet that those games aren't available as high-end secret unlockables for completely missions etc.

If there was music from the 8 bit games, R, Fighters etc then I'd assume it's just paying tribute to the classic era but the fact that those 3 specifically are being featured has me curious.

If they were unlockable in the base game their music wouldn't be dlc. And considering they want us to get excited over extra menu animations I can't imagine they'd hide 3 entire games from us.

10 minutes ago, PickleBrows said:

If there were more games in this, they'd be an extra tier on the chart.

On that note, the chart reads like frickin' meme. They're literally just taking a couple bells and whistles off the presentation and selling them to us for extra, yeezus this is peak video game industry.

The trailer is gr8, lovin' the animation, gonna enjoy having all the classics on Switch... but my god does that chart leave a shitty taste in my mouth.

• Thumbs Up 2

I had pretty low expectations, but I really liked what I saw. I am very excited for story mode and animated cut scenes, this definitely made me decide to purchase Origins for sure. As others mentioned, my only problems with Origin are price tag and the lack of physical edition.

The trailer is hype, and the product looks great, but the price is higher than I expected. I'm still leaning towards getting it at launch, but I want more clarity about what exactly is excluded from the base game if I don't get all of the DLC.

• Thumbs Up 3

31 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

He's not. 

I've missed this. Where was that mentioned? It would be a big shame if Knuckles wasn't added to CD. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Doubling down on the no physical thing so don’t expect it for awhile I guess. So dumb.

• Thumbs Up 6

37 minutes ago, PickleBrows said:

I thought it was because those were the Genesis games that weren't part of the core four (and not just reskins ala Mean Bean Machine).

Yeah okay, Chaotix is 32X, but that and the SEGA CD are Genesis add-ons so it counts.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I've missed this. Where was that mentioned? It would be a big shame if Knuckles wasn't added to CD. 

The Japanese information implies he's only available in Sonic 1, 2, and 3 since those are the Taxman versions.

Tails was added in the 2011 CD release, but not Knuckles.

51 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I'm just not that into the classic games. If this were a Mania 2 or a collection of the DS or GBA games then I'd be antipating it wholeheartedly but I can't pretend to be interested in any of these anymore, if I ever did before. 

I would die for a collection of the GBA games, remade with improvements (physics, level design, QoL, and maybe redone HD hand-drawn graphics but that would be too much I guess).

Origins, I expected it to be something a bit more unusual. Those games might be good (even though I hate Sonic 2) but I replayed them so many times, and this collection does not seem to add enough to make them interesting for me. If it comes out physical on Switch and with all the content included I might think about it in the future, maybe if a price drop happens/I find it at discount somewhere, but for now I just pass.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow! This is becoming a bigger deal than any of us realised. Well done to Sega and all involved for listening. 
I just hope we get a physical edition. *Fingers Crossed

Edit: Just read Katies tweet. *Sigh

I saw that there were supposed to be new areas to explore in the game, or games. What exactly does that mean? Just actual all new areas in the games to go through? I am curious.

• Thumbs Up 3

A story mode that connects all 4 games? Ah good, so we can finally put the "Where does Sonic CD fit chronologically" debates to rest, finally.
Would be unlikely, but funny if Sonic 4 gets a nod after beating Sonic and Knuckles. Or the elevator of Mania, who knows.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Way Past Cool 1

im kinda disappointed if im being honest. remastered doesn’t mean much these days.

even the extra features that would’ve spiced up the package are paywalled lol.

Man, now I wonder why in the heavens SEGA didn't said anything about HC and Taxman's RE involvement when this was first announced last year? 

49 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Doubling down on the no physical thing so don’t expect it for awhile I guess. So dumb.

Definitely waiting for a sale in that case.

Lack of any physical version really hurts my feelings, but hope they do the Mania-maneuver and release some kind of Sonic Origins+ on discs/cartridges later.