Awoo.

Sonic Origins | MT | General Discussion

Ryannumber1gamer
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

PSA: This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Origins.

Any new information or announcements surrounding this game (new patches, substantial comments from developers etc) need to be made in a new, separate topic.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Exactly. Sonic Origins is just another fucking Sonic collection, of which we already have 50 million other versions over the years. So why the fuck should someone buy this for $40:

8Sda43t.png

when they could buy this for $30:

KlaotRJ.png

or Sonic 1 and 2 on the Nintendo eshop for $8 each:

ROOZgzH.png

Or, which is likely the majority of Switch owners who are already into Sonic, why should they buy Sonic Origins when they already own one or both of the above? There's three fucking versions of Sonic 1 on the Nintendo Switch. MOST people who aren't totally informed of how these three completely different versions of Sonic 1 and 2 compare are going to just go with the cheapest option, they're going to see how that Genesis collection has 50 games compared to Origins' 4 and decide that that's good enough for them.

Just because hardcore Sonic fans like us know what this collection contains and how it will compare to previous collections doesn't mean EVERYONE ELSE does. I've seen lots of people ask where Sonic Spinball or 3D Blast are, or why Mega Collection has 12 games compared to Origins' meager 4. Sega's barely lifted a finger explaining to the general public why Origins is the biggest fucking Sonic compilation since Sonic Jam from 199-fucking-6.

Sure, it was only revealed a month ago, and it also comes out one month from now. There are enormous swaths of reasons why these games are the utmost definitive versions of the Genesis Sonic games compared to the 38,672 other shoddy emulation jobs on other systems throughout the years and their quick 2-minute trailer only barely scratches the surface talking about why.

THIS is why I'm frustrated right now. I'm not concerned about what the collection will be like for myself who is an obsessive Sonic fan who plays the Retro Engine versions on a bi-yearly basis, I know exactly what to expect from Origins and that it will be the best collection of Sonic there ever was. I'm concerned about the people saying that Sonic Mega fucking Collection is the better deal than Origins, a game that came out on the Gamecube and was successful in exposing Sonic to a new generation of gamers but otherwise had mediocre Genesis emulation, tedious unlock methods, and zero worthwhile bonus features compared to Sonic Jam on the Saturn.

And fuck the Sonic social media accounts. I don't care if they want to post their shitty memes every once in a while but 99% of it is just memes rather than any worthwhile information for people potentially interested in any upcoming Sonic media. Instead of posting memes maybe they could spend a few minutes or two highlighting neat stuff about upcoming Sonic games or the IDW comics. But they don't, because they don't fucking care. They always do the barest fucking minimum promoting ANYTHING in the series whether it's the games, comics, movies, or cartoons. They don't give a shit about actually promoting Sonic, Sega doesn't give a shit about promoting Sonic, and Sonic's social media presence is a complete waste of time and an absolute fucking embarrassment considering the state of the series and how the games are perceived to this day by the general public.

"Yeah yeah there's Sonic Game Collection #47 coming out in a few weeks and I guess there's some comic going on after we fired Archie IDK but hey check out these memes I made in MS Paint in 3 minutes le epic lulz!!!!111 xDDDDDD" FUCK OFF.

Sean honestly puts the frustration into words better than I could, but I wanna add on an extra few cents.

It'd probably be less frustrating to see the Sonic social media accounts if

A. The games weren't so polarizing. 

B. The memes weren't piggy back riding on already existing jokes.

It's not funny to see the same "Sonic 06 funny Sanic OW THE EDGE relatable" humor from the official accounts when literally EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET has been doing them for more than a decade at this point.

Recycled humor isn't funny, and guess what the Sonic socials keep doing?

And on the note of advertising...

1 hour ago, Coz483 said:

Like them or not, even if there weren't any memes there still wouldn't be any news, y'know because different people manage the social. I think you guys are getting a little too pressed over the fact a collection of 16 bit games doesn't have a new trailer when it was only revealed about a month ago. If it makes any of you feel better there isn't some huge wait, it literally comes out June 23 so we'll be able to play the game then. 

It's not just about Sonic Origins, it's the entire franchise as a whole. I have to follow accounts like Tails' Channel and IDWSonicNews in order to actually know what's going on with the brand. I have to rely on other Sonic fans to keep up with SEGA's franchise, and that is a fucking problem.

What is the point in making a franchise THE flagship series you're known for, to the point where you abandon older ones, if you're not going to fucking promote it, or let other companies do the work for you? You can give a lot of shit towards companies like Nintendo, and believe me I do, but they're usually on their A-game when promoting the next Mario product, or the newest re-release, or when news is going to occur.

Yes, Nintendo does stupid and scummy things, most companies do, but they do a hell of a better job promoting their big brands than SEGA is with Sonic.

It took SEGA almost a YEAR to show off anything about Origins. They made a Sonic themed Nintendo Direct clone and haven't been arsed to follow up on it. They rarely ever post about the IDW comic OR the movie OR the Netflix show. They couldn't even fucking show off any actual Frontiers gameplay at the goddamned TGA, and you're saying we're "getting to pressed" about this, are you kidding me?

No. I think we have every right to be annoyed at SEGA for being either too lazy or too cowardly for not promoting their flagship brand on their very own social medias, instead focusing more on regurgitated, corporate feeling memes we've seen done before and better.

• Thumbs Up 5

17 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Sean honestly puts the frustration into words better than I could, but I wanna add on an extra few cents.

It'd probably be less frustrating to see the Sonic social media accounts if

A. The games weren't so polarizing. 

B. The memes weren't piggy back riding on already existing jokes.

It's not funny to see the same "Sonic 06 funny Sanic OW THE EDGE relatable" humor from the official accounts when literally EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET has been doing them for more than a decade at this point.

Recycled humor isn't funny, and guess what the Sonic socials keep doing?

And on the note of advertising...

It's not just about Sonic Origins, it's the entire franchise as a whole. I have to follow accounts like Tails' Channel and IDWSonicNews in order to actually know what's going on with the brand. I have to rely on other Sonic fans to keep up with SEGA's franchise, and that is a fucking problem.

What is the point in making a franchise THE flagship series you're known for, to the point where you abandon older ones, if you're not going to fucking promote it, or let other companies do the work for you? You can give a lot of shit towards companies like Nintendo, and believe me I do, but they're usually on their A-game when promoting the next Mario product, or the newest re-release, or when news is going to occur.

Yes, Nintendo does stupid and scummy things, most companies do, but they do a hell of a better job promoting their big brands than SEGA is with Sonic.

It took SEGA almost a YEAR to show off anything about Origins. They made a Sonic themed Nintendo Direct clone and haven't been arsed to follow up on it. They rarely ever post about the IDW comic OR the movie OR the Netflix show. They couldn't even fucking show off any actual Frontiers gameplay at the goddamned TGA, and you're saying we're "getting to pressed" about this, are you kidding me?

No. I think we have every right to be annoyed at SEGA for being either too lazy or too cowardly for not promoting their flagship brand on their very own social medias, instead focusing more on regurgitated, corporate feeling memes we've seen done before and better.

Again theres nothing social media accounts can do if Sega literally won't let them say any news. Of course Sega should be giving more info, but the reason isn't because they just want to post memes, that's just what the social accounts do due to the fact Sega won't give them info. 

I understand the frustration for stuff you mentioned at the end, but I didn't even see that get brought up before and was mainly replying to the social media comments. Keep in mind I can think it's not worth getting worked up over, but that's just me giving out my opinion. I've gotten worked over things when I didn't need too. 

A reason I say "pressed" is some points just seem to make the situation to be hopeless and completely dreadful when it doesn't seem like that to me. Here's a quote where it feels a little overboard to me "You wanna know how many tweets about Sonic Origins the official Sonic the Hedgehog twitter has made since Origins was announced exactly one month ago from tomorrow? None. They haven't made a single fucking tweet about Origins since its official trailer. Instead they're posting all their usual unfunny garbage memes with a cursory mention of Sonic Prime, probably because Netflix forced their hand to acknowledge it by including it in their animated show sizzle reel. What the ever loving FUCK are they doing over there? Does Sega even give a shit about Sonic Origins when there's been zero hype for it and it's only a little over a fucking month away?"

Something I've realized in the middle of writing this: Origins did have new footage and it wasn't promoted on the social media (maybe it was because the fps because it did look a little nasty) so I guess none of what I said mattered and you were right, never mind.

• Thumbs Up 4

it's very valid to be angry about SEGA's abysmal marketing over the last few years but i think directing that anger to the social media team making stupid memes is a step too far. they have to work with whatever cards they're dealt with, no matter how absurd their higher-ups' announcement schedule is (if they even have one). their memes are stupid and almost never funny but they aren't impeding on meaningful game news. they're harmless.

like, the people making chao cupcakes or whatever and the people that didn't give you sonic game news for 3 years are not the same person, i promise

• Thumbs Up 8

2 minutes ago, D.K. said:

it's very valid to be angry about SEGA's abysmal marketing over the last few years but i think directing that anger to the social media team making stupid memes is a step too far. they have to work with whatever cards they're dealt with, no matter how absurd their higher-ups' announcement schedule is (if they even have one). their memes are stupid and almost never funny but they aren't impeding on meaningful game news. they're harmless.

like, the people making chao cupcakes or whatever and the people that didn't give you sonic game news for 3 years are not the same person, i promise

It's just fucking frustrating, man. I'd be annoyed at the socials even ignoring the promoting issue. Nothing about 3/4 of the memes they post feel genuine, it feels corporate as fuck.

again, that's not their fault - i guarantee you they're just as frustrated about it as you are.

SEGA's "sit around until the last minute and show the absolute bare minimum" strategy benefits no one, including the social media people that have to throw dumb videos and shitposts together to fill the void

• Thumbs Up 6

I'll say this though, I'm glad to see someone bring up the fact origins didn't get a trailer for a year. I know everyone is worried about Frontiers, but it seemed weird how people said they "cared more about origins and prime" when they didn't even show footage until now. Speaking of Prime it bothers me how no one cared when we literally only got an announcement for the series, then no sort of promotion until a few weeks ago! Like I think people didn't realize Sega never released those concept images, but were leaked.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think with things other than games people typically aren't as annoyed by announcements that are just "this will exist at some point." I mean, we knew there was going to be a Sonic movie for years and it didn't feel that strange as far as movies go.

Maybe the difference is game marketing in general is extra annoying so there's a lot less patience. Like, I personally don't care that we don't get news constantly, but like most people I don't like a video game reveal that's just some meaningless CGI.

5 hours ago, D.K. said:

it's very valid to be angry about SEGA's abysmal marketing over the last few years but i think directing that anger to the social media team making stupid memes is a step too far. they have to work with whatever cards they're dealt with, no matter how absurd their higher-ups' announcement schedule is (if they even have one). their memes are stupid and almost never funny but they aren't impeding on meaningful game news.

I don't disagree with the sentiment but I don't think complaining about how the account is run is a personal insult. The woman who's currently the head of the marketing team has actually been pretty great at communicating with the fanbase about certain things on her own account, which is great. Sometimes they post some cool art things.

...Those are about the only positive things I can think of to say about how they handle Sonic marketing though, and yes I mean even under the assumption that they're beholden to restrictions of some kind. Unless the restrictions are so bad they can't attempt to post regularly about things even if it's just to reiterate information. Or say, if they post about the comics, Iizuka will personally kill them or something.

• Thumbs Up 5

On 5/19/2022 at 11:31 AM, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

This collection is clearly made to be a way to put these classic titles remastered onto consoles with some extras, and not to be the "definitive" way to play these games most people thought they would be.

Adding cut content isn't really what makes a "definitive edition" - they were cut for a reason, ideas were probably recycled into other zones/games, etc.  I think these are very much intended to be the definitive versions of the final games that released.  Hidden Palace is a fanservice bonus, not something the game was objectively "missing".  Asking for Wood Zone etc is basically just asking for a brand new level at this point, which is what Hidden Palace ultimately was in the mobile version.

And again that's fine for the person you were replying to here to want (not gonna happen of course), but semantically, I don't think the lack of cut content makes a game non-definitive.

13 hours ago, mayday2592 said:

Outside of a couple trailers, why should they have some massive regular marketing push for this? Several collections have come and gone and have been profitable without much fanfare outside of a trailer or two.

Origins at the end of the day is just yet another one of the compilations of Sonic games many have played over and over again, with a handful of tweaks. Most people know what to expect from this sort of thing already.

They've specifically been making a push to get newer fans familiar with Sonic's back catalogue following the success of the movies, first with Colours and now this.  This product is for us, absolutely, but it's also very much for a whole new generation of kids who, in terms of classic Sonic, have only ever played Mania, if that.  Or, if they have played the others, possibly got frustrated and went back to Fall Guys and Roblox after they got sent back to the very start of the game for dying 3 times.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

13 hours ago, D.K. said:

again, that's not their fault - i guarantee you they're just as frustrated about it as you are.

SEGA's "sit around until the last minute and show the absolute bare minimum" strategy benefits no one, including the social media people that have to throw dumb videos and shitposts together to fill the void

No they don't. They could just post trivia, showcase old media, have actual positive discussion about the brand, rather than make fun of how bad the series was in the 2000s

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

No. I think we have every right to be annoyed at SEGA for being either too lazy or too cowardly for not promoting their flagship brand on their very own social medias, instead focusing more on regurgitated, corporate feeling memes we've seen done before and better

The real answer is that Sega doesn't care about Sonic as much as Nintendo does for Mario/Zelda/Pokémon 

Even in the 90s Team Sonic wasn't  as big as Sega AM2.  Sega probably made more money from Virtua Fighter than Sonic in that era , they were the Biggest Arcade company with Namco and Konami. 

I still think SEGA dropped the ball hard on marketing in the past years. Compare this to what Mania got. Hell, they fucking recreated 2 ads from the 90's flawlessly to advertise Mania. There was love for that project and it was shown. Not that SEGA doesn't care AT ALL for the product their putting out, much less the people working on it directly (the game devs) or inderectly (the social media team), but it's clear as day that most of that thing, that spark, is long gone. 

Origins got revealed and we didn't even knew WHO was developing it, for months. Mania got revealed, the first damn thing on that trailer was Taxman's and Stealth's logos, which was enough for people to already loose their minds, they knew what was coming, and SEGA knew it too. My bet is that Origins was a "on the spot" decision by SEGA to cash in some easy mah-nee, which they ultimately felt the need to ask for Stealth/Taxman's help because of course they wouldn't have done it themselves without fucking up, we know how SEGA works internally, and thank God the Mania guys decided to take the job. 

If their marketing was at least half decent, they also could've tricked more people into thinking this game is actually worth the absurd price they're asking, because of course it isn't, especially where I'm from. 

The reality is that SEGA's on autopilot now, they just gotta have a product with "Sonic" slapped on it. It sells, what can we do. 

See I'm not totally sold on the idea that they don't care, and it's slap-dash etc.

It was previously said that getting Sega to green light animations was difficult, as it was high effort and little to no reward business wise. Mania Adventures they had to sell it as marketing to get it off the ground, it did well, and got high praise from not just the fans but the general audience too. So the next time around it was easier with Team Sonic Racing/Colours but it was still written off as marketing. Now here we are with animations in the actual game, multiple even from what we have been told. They even got Ian in to create the scripts linking the games finally after all these years without needing to read translated Japanese manuals. They have even remastered the Sonic CD opening and ending animations.

There's actual effort in the menus, (except the in game UI and character select I still think that looks horrible) the animated backdrops, giving each title its own "island", paying attention to the fact each game has its own location. They are actually creating new level layouts for unique character missions in mission mode. The games are the Taxman/Stealth versions and they got them back to do 3K, re-built from the ground up. There's two sets of unlockables, more music being added with DLC (DLC being something a lot of previous Sonic games could have had but never got).

They could have done a Mega Collection, thrown some roms into a semi-decent set of menus and called it a day, people still would have probably brought it. But they didn't.

I guess what I'm getting at is, they have actually done quite a bit, thrown a fair amount of talent, effort and money at the project when you take a step back and compare it to what they could have done if they really wanted to just cheaply phone it in. It doesn't "look" like much on the surface, but with all the little things adding up, it's giving Sonic Jam a run for its money as far as the care, love and effort being put into it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I'm not concerned about the quality of the collection, so much as that Sega isn't marketing it in a way that really sells it to the people who have played Sonic games before but aren't intimately aware of Headcannon's history with Sonic games. I'm sure the people working on the actual compilation care, but the marketing team is sleeping on the fucking job, as they have been with this series for years. Just ask any comic or movie fans about the type of coverage the Sonic twitter gives them (read: jack shit). Even up to Colors Ultimate's release a lot of people were confused about the new features because Sega would repeatedly gloss over them in trailers without going into any detail on how they benefit the game and players. Same thing's going on with Origins, as far as people outside of the core fanbase is concerned this is yet another Sonic collection out of many over the years, just with widescreen and some bonus missions, and missing numerous other Sonic games they think should be in here. I can't tell you how many times I've seen others on forums and social media ask where the fuck Spinball and Chaotix are and why Sega is charging $40 for "only" four games. (FTR I'm not a fan of the price either but for the sake of argument I'm operating under the principle that it's a fair asking price in general and that people not understanding why is a problem on Sega's part)

And like I mention why the fuck does Sega continue to release low-effort emulations of Sonic 1 and 2, why did they think to release SEGA AGES Sonic 1 without having decided beforehand to release Origins, and why the FUCK are they leaving THOSE versions on the Nintendo eshop while delisting the ROMs on Steam which arguably serve a far more useful purpose than any console versions you can buy. They took nine fucking years to come around to the idea of porting the Headcannon versions and now they get to deal with the fact that having multiple versions of the same games side by side is going to confuse and put off a lot of potential buyers of Origins.

My point isn't that Origins is low effort, FAR from it, but Sega's doing a piss-poor job showing the general audience that it isn't. When you have people thinking that fucking Mega Collection is more bang for your buck than the Headcannon versions, you  completely utterly fucked up.

• Thumbs Up 5

The only thing that most people will recognize/remember about Sonic Origins' marketing is it's chart. 

Sonic-Origins-DLC-plan.jpg?resize=1024,469

The problem isn't even necessarily the cost itself, so much as it is just how many variants of the same product there are for a compilation of just 4 games from the early 90s. Sega deserves to be mocked for this. 

• Absolutely 1

3 hours ago, Sean said:

My point isn't that Origins is low effort, FAR from it, but Sega's doing a piss-poor job showing the general audience that it isn't. When you have people thinking that fucking Mega Collection is more bang for your buck than the Headcannon versions, you  completely utterly fucked up.

100% in agreement. Even our localized site for the game is missing information that the Asian equivalents have. We had to source screens and details from sites other than the one Sega is using to promote the game which is downright ridiculous.

While I can understand people like Katie who don't want to spoil too much and want people to discover it on their own. If there are major selling points your not using or telling people about then that's plain stupid business wise. Especially if we want to see more of these collections in future the sales have to be good.

As this is a digital product it could even be expanded to house other classic era titles, even if they are just roms. If there are any plans for that at all they should speak up now. That news would bring in a lot of those Mega Collection fans and people bemoaning the title count. Plus as with Mania, added content could be a good excuse to do a "complete" physical release.

I'm expecting a launch trailer which they usually do closer to release date, but as you mentioned showing off what's gone into this title so far would do it a world of good. Perhaps a "behind the scenes" type video to promote the collection would be a good idea for fans and the general audiences alike. At the very least some kind of more in depth showcase of sorts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something that just came to me, I wonder if the Drop Dash/Insta Shield will be added to CD as well? Considering Knuckles isn't playable in CD, they seem to be really finnicky about what gets added to CD. I hope CD doesn't get the shortest end of the stick, with 1-3 getting a lot of fun features while CD is the same unchanged port we've had on consoles/pc since 2011.

22 minutes ago, LegoFedora said:

Something that just came to me, I wonder if the Drop Dash/Insta Shield will be added to CD as well? Considering Knuckles isn't playable in CD, they seem to be really finnicky about what gets added to CD. I hope CD doesn't get the shortest end of the stick, with 1-3 getting a lot of fun features while CD is the same unchanged port we've had on consoles/pc since 2011.

Would be fitting as CD is the weakest of the four /j

For real though, most of the features 1 and 2 have/were beyond drop dash were features that were in the original remasters but locked behind the level select. Super Sonic in Sonic 1? Debug mode originally. Knuckles + Tails? Debug mode originally. These were things originally programmed in and locked behind cheats that they decided to make default in Origins.

Hell, it seems like they REMOVED a thing or two from Sonic 1. It doesn't seem like the Sonic + Tails combo is usable in it, which is absurd since it WAS a default thing you can unlock in the original remaster. Not to mention the worse looking character select menus, and the seeming lack of a proper save system.

I don't get some of the decisions SEGA is making with Origins, both in marketing and in terms of genuine creation. Some aspects it seems like a downgrade of ports from 2013. We haven't even SEEN CD's menu yet, but I guarantee you it'll be the same as Sonic 1 and 2's menus. It'll be a miracle if Sonic 3 keeps it's menus and save select at best, and frustrating at worse with how...nude the menus in the other games feel.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you play as Sonic Only in a continuous story mode, I believe (and hope) Knuckles story is still a part of S3&K in Anniversary and Classic mode.

Remade multiplayer in S3&K is something I would like but not holding my breath.

I'm 99.9% sure that they wouldn't remove a character's story in Classic or Anniversary mode. No need to worry there.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Hell, it seems like they REMOVED a thing or two from Sonic 1. It doesn't seem like the Sonic + Tails combo is usable in it, which is absurd since it WAS a default thing you can unlock in the original remaster. Not to mention the worse looking character select menus, and the seeming lack of a proper save system.

I don't get some of the decisions SEGA is making with Origins, both in marketing and in terms of genuine creation. Some aspects it seems like a downgrade of ports from 2013. We haven't even SEEN CD's menu yet, but I guarantee you it'll be the same as Sonic 1 and 2's menus. It'll be a miracle if Sonic 3 keeps it's menus and save select at best, and frustrating at worse with how...nude the menus in the other games feel.

In the trailer they showed brief Knuckles + Tails gameplay in S2 so it would make no sense if Sonic + Tails aren't playable in S1 (which I'm certain they will be - apart from in Story Mode). I hope they show-off more gameplay prior to release so we get a detailed look at all the menus, character select, save system, all playable modes (Boss Rush, Blue Sphere, Story, Anniversary, Classic & Mission mode) and all different playable character options in each game. 

4 hours ago, LegoFedora said:

Drop Dash is in S1 & 3K so I see no reason why it won't be added to CD (& S2).

Not convinced the insta-shield will be added to CD. It could be enabled in the S1 & S2 mobile remasters via level select so I think there's at least a good chance it can be selected in Origins for those games along with the 3K elemental shields.

Edit: Someone on Sonic Retro mentioned that the CD Anniversary/Mission mode footage looks like 16:9 whereas it was kind an odd 16:10 resolution in the previous Steam/consoles versions. So if SEGA are making tweaks like this to CD then perhaps they will also add the insta-shield & elemental shields.

• Thumbs Up 1

While the matter of the disputed Sonic 3 songs still remains frustratingly hanging in the air, this interview snippet at least confirms one thing (credit to @Dejimon11 for sharing in a status update):

During gameplay, Sonic 3 & Knuckles will exclusively use the Sonic & Knuckles versions of the Title Theme, Invincibility, Knuckles Theme and Act 1 Boss Theme, Ending Theme, etc.  (This was naturally what could be assumed, as that's how the original version of S3&K handled the music, but it wasn't a sure thing considering the port was being handled by longtime fans who would care about a level of minuiate as "can we get all the music from both games in somehow".)

It seems moderately clear from this response, also, that the unproblematic Sonic 3 songs, such as the title screen/invincibility theme, will be available in the Music Player as bonus tracks to just listen to outside of the game.  I imagine as well that if Competition mode doesn't make it into the game, at least the music will be on the music player, those tracks never had any issues.

But of course, the situation regarding Carnival Night/Ice Cap/Launch Base in the main game remains unknown, as well as whether Mega Drive Sonic 3 Act 1 Boss, Knuckles Theme, Ending Theme, etc will be in the music player.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah they have been talking about that Korean Ruricon interview over on Retro too. It's full of answers to things that yet again our side of things have yet to even touch on.

For example it's heavily implied that the Drop Dash is in Anniversary Mode. Sonic CD is mentioned to have both soundtracks. It sounds like Sonic 3K retains its save screen. As with Mania there is a dedicated "Super" button. The music has been digitized so it's more "clear". Super Sonic is also possible in Sonic 1 but they didn't elaborate on how, but they did mention that the level select etc isn't accessed the same way as the smart phone versions. So perhaps back to the original way?

One month out and we are weeks behind on information compared to Asian territories as has been stated. Surely we are due a localized info dump soon?

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Tenko said:

As with Mania there is a dedicated "Super" button. 

Thank fucking God.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Tenko said:

Yeah they have been talking about that Korean Ruricon interview over on Retro too. It's full of answers to things that yet again our side of things have yet to even touch on.

For example it's heavily implied that the Drop Dash is in Anniversary Mode. Sonic CD is mentioned to have both soundtracks. It sounds like Sonic 3K retains its save screen. As with Mania there is a dedicated "Super" button. The music has been digitized so it's more "clear". Super Sonic is also possible in Sonic 1 but they didn't elaborate on how, but they did mention that the level select etc isn't accessed the same way as the smart phone versions. So perhaps back to the original way?

One month out and we are weeks behind on information compared to Asian territories as has been stated. Surely we are due a localized info dump soon?

Did they answer anything about ability customization or story mode?