Awoo.

Sonic Colors: Ultimate - Announcement Trailer

Sonictrainer

Wallpaper_2560x1440_Colors_Night.jpg

Sonic Colors: Ultimate will be arriving September 7th, 2021! Join Sonic on an intergalactic journey, fully remastered for a new generation -- with a few new features, too!

Sonic Colors: Ultimate is being developed by Blind Squirrel Entertainment, a passionate team known for their AAA HD remasters.

We'll have more info on Sonic Colors: Ultimate, as well as all things Sonic 30th, coming soon. Stay tuned!

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't wait to play Colours on my PS5, but so far, it doesn't look like much has been done to improve the experience any. Even the model still looks like an old Wii model. I expected a bit more model and lighting changes, at the very least.

1 minute ago, Blue Blood said:

Hey, SEGA?

1169D6C3-916D-4C18-8095-08C5337C73FD.jpeg.cd785916ef800e2df1054b31e501a84d.jpeg

Fuck off.

If that's seriously the case, then I guess it's another game I wait a year on. 

So the digital version gets all the extras?

Trailer song - 

5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I can't wait to play Colours on my PS5, but so far, it doesn't look like much has been done to improve the experience any. Even the model still looks like an old Wii model. I expected a bit more model and lighting changes, at the very least.

The lighting has been completely rebuilt, the game now has GIA. It's easy to spot it if you compare it to the original game.

There are some lighting effects on the floor in SC that weren't there towards the end of the stage. Tropical Resort and Acquarium Park look noticeably darker because of the GIA and the environments not being built for it.

There are lots of new models like the rainbod dash rings and other props, Sonic has new effects when he collects a Wisp.

I think it's more than a simple port, could be running off HE2 for all we know but... I don't like how it looks? Too much bloom, the GIA looks kind of out of place, the contrast is completely off, it's a technical upgrade but a visual downgrade if you ask me.

The song was a jam tho, I liked that! 60fps is cool, but fuck EGS and fuck Early Access pre-order bonus, that's greedy and anti-consumer.

I'm ignorant when it comes to graphics and such, so the game looks basically the same to me. Happy for those who can tell the difference, I guess. Would have been a great time for them to really showcase some drastic changes...if there are any. If not, I'll just stick with the Wii version.

Speaking of my ignorance...what the frig is EGS?

3 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Speaking of my ignorance...what the frig is EGS?

Epic Games Store.

We also know Colours Ultimate will have costume changes which is something I do like they are adding. I just how the movie skin isn't entirely exclusive to that digital crap. Dunno why a remaster needs an Early Access, the game is basically done.

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 1

What exactly is Sonic Movie Boost? Is it just a cosmetic thing or is it actually gonna change something?

I mean, I'll get it, sure, but I'm not marking my calendar or anything. Unless something happens to actually make it feel deserving of the word "Ultimate", even as something as taboo and forbidden as playing as Tails, dare I say it. I hope suggesting that didn't anger the SEGA Gods.

12 minutes ago, Chili Dawg said:

What exactly is Sonic Movie Boost? Is it just a cosmetic thing or is it actually gonna change something?

Almost certainly just cosmetic, like the shoes and gloves.

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

E2aINBzX0AoPD9W.png

E2aIOkjX0Ag11GH.png

How did they make sonic colors without the colors though

Planet's gone, what's Eggman supposed to rule over now.

• Thumbs Up 4

I wonder how the cutscenes will look. It's hard imagining the Colors cutscenes without that weird aliasing around their eyes and bodies.

Sonic has it's lighting from the movie. I guess this is the movie skin, or sonic has the lighting movie boost from now on.

Screenshot_5.png

• Thumbs Up 1

So I just checked out of curiousity, the game is now up for pre-order on the PlayStation Store, and according to my PS5, it's only playable on PS4.

It might just be a bug in the listing but still worth mentioning.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So I just checked out of curiousity, the game is now up for pre-order on the PlayStation Store, and according to my PS5, it's only playable on PS4.

It might just be a bug in the listing but still worth mentioning.

Given how many PS4 games (including the 3 Sonics already released for it) run on the PS5 just fine I expect this will run on it as well.

Certainly hoping I don't have to set up the PS4 again just for Colours.

It wouldn't show PS5, it would be the PS4 version running via BC, possibly with unlocked FPS and higher resolution. The issue is it's saying that it can't be played via BC mode.