Awoo.

Sonic Colors: Ultimate - Announcement Trailer

Sonictrainer

3 hours ago, Jango said:

By Jesus, yeah. A month or so ago I plugged my PS3 on and played a couple of hours on my 4K TV (which isn't all that big, it's 43'). Holy moly, the game is blury as all hell. Like, damn. Graphics were still pretty great, neverthless. I wonder, does the Series X does anything besides framerate? Does it make the game sharper? Because if yes, we already have some kind of remaster there xD

No, the game didn't get a graphical upgrade on Xbox, resolution wise. Though on XSX/S (and maybe X1X IDK), it got Auto HDR, and that makes the game look really damn nice. The game overall does feel much better to play with 30 FPS though

• Thumbs Up 5

Sonic Forces

Tails: Sonic, save me!!

Sonic Colors Ultimate

Sonic: Tails, save me!!

Interesting how the roles have switched

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jack-al said:

Sonic Forces

Sonic Colors Ultimate

And then in Sonic Rangers: Tails dies. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 4

4 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

I got the reference... a leak that's 99.99999% fake but from Sega I can expect anything, so I'll give it that 0.00001% of doubt until it will inevitably get debunked.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

Hope that's fake. Because if they pull that bullshit, I'm gonna be pissed.

Spoiler

And if they revive him and he goes full Anti-Life Superman on us, I'm just gonna call it quits on this fucking trainwreck of a (game) franchise altogether. (ESPECIALLY if they leave the resolution of that subplot for Prime.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Who's old enough to remember when the Knuckles Dies Rumor was the popular angle for fake leakers to push.

The Tails assist confirmation is a kick in the nadz, but life goes on. I guess our only real hope for significant included content falls onto the Metal Sonic races now? Guess we will have to wait for some more info on that.

On another note, its been a while since I've played Colors... The only thing I can remember that utilized motion controls was a quick shake to activate a wisp power. Did the game have any other motion controls in it?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:
  Hide contents

Who's old enough to remember when the Knuckles Dies Rumor was the popular angle for fake leakers to push.

The Tails assist confirmation is a kick in the nadz, but life goes on. I guess our only real hope for significant included content falls onto the Metal Sonic races now? Guess we will have to wait for some more info on that.

On another note, its been a while since I've played Colors... The only thing I can remember that utilized motion controls was a quick shake to activate a wisp power. Did the game have any other motion controls in it?

I don't think so. The game was designed to accommodate four different control schemes, two of which didn't have motion controls. So with that in mind, it only used a simple bit of waggle in the Wiimote/Wiimote + nunchuck setups in lieu of a button press. The GCN controller and Classic controller schemes put everything on buttons.

This does make me think, though. Because of the limited buttons available in certain setups and the choice to make all of the control schemes consistent, Colours limited your ability to drift and quick step outside of specific sections (with the drift replacing the boost). The game was designed in such a way that you would never want those moves outside of their specific arrests, but I'd still really like to see Colours Ultimate adopt the Unleashed/Generations control scheme. I hate when the controls been arbitrarily limited.

11 hours ago, Jack-al said:

Sonic Forces

Sonic Colors Ultimate

This is unironically the most useful Tails has been in years, if you're not counting Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I don't think so. The game was designed to accommodate four different control schemes, two of which didn't have motion controls. So with that in mind, it only used a simple bit of waggle in the Wiimote/Wiimote + nunchuck setups in lieu of a button press. The GCN controller and Classic controller schemes put everything on buttons.

This does make me think, though. Because of the limited buttons available in certain setups and the choice to make all of the control schemes consistent, Colours limited your ability to drift and quick step outside of specific sections (with the drift replacing the boost). The game was designed in such a way that you would never want those moves outside of their specific arrests, but I'd still really like to see Colours Ultimate adopt the Unleashed/Generations control scheme. I hate when the controls been arbitrarily limited.

I'd imagine that the quickstep will be mapped to the shoulder buttons instead of the analog stick, though its use will probably still be confined to specific on-rails areas. I doubt they'd make any significant changes to Sonic's base controls during normal 3-D gameplay, especially since the drift and quickstep are functionally useless outside of their designated areas.

I swear they have said this more times than Microsoft saying they care about the PC platform during the 360 generation.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I've thought of this as well. As nice as it'd be for them to unlock the quick step and drift, I don't think it'll happen. The 3D segments in Colors basically amount to a whole lot of nothing. So there'd really be no use for them outside of the specific segments where you actually can quick step/drift.

On top of that I'm sure they'd want the game to be playable on a single joycon, so unless they decided to map the drift to a random face button, that won't happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Guy Strong said:

On top of that I'm sure they'd want the game to be playable on a single joycon, so unless they decided to map the drift to a random face button, that won't happen.

The joy-cons actually have shoulder buttons, not a problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Johnster4 said:

I swear they have said this more times than Microsoft saying they care about the PC platform during the 360 generation.

Said what? Did you post the wrong tweet?

7 hours ago, Johnster4 said:

They've said what, exactly?

Colours might be the second boost game, but it's the most approachable of the bunch. It requires no prior knowledge of the series to understand its incredibly simply gameplay mechanics and the entire narrative is very easy to pick up even if you've never heard of Sonic before. It's the definition of an approachable game and that probably led, in part, to its positive reception from critics back in 2010. If SEGA have any long-term plans to re-release older games, Colours is probably the best place for them to start.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

8 hours ago, Marcello said:

Said what? Did you post the wrong tweet?

7 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

They've said what, exactly?

Colours might be the second boost game, but it's the most approachable of the bunch. It requires no prior knowledge of the series to understand its incredibly simply gameplay mechanics and the entire narrative is very easy to pick up even if you've never heard of Sonic before. It's the definition of an approachable game and that probably led, in part, to its positive reception from critics back in 2010. If SEGA have any long-term plans to re-release older games, Colours is probably the best place for them to start.

My apologies, the part I wanted to point out was that they want to always appeal to casuals and new fans with every singe release since the original release Colours. I will highlight this in a separate post in Green Groove Zone.

• Thumbs Up 1

So it was shown recently that Colours was the planned 2020 game and was registered at the Epic Game Store around June that year. 

The game mustve really been in an unpolished state to just pull the plug like that. Like the rumors suggesting it was nearly unplayable. At least SEGA saw sense in pushing it back instead of going forward with it. 

COVID really rocked things like a motherfucker. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

So it was shown recently that Colours was the planned 2020 game and was registered at the Epic Game Store around June that year. 

The game mustve really been in an unpolished state to just pull the plug like that. Like the rumors suggesting it was nearly unplayable. At least SEGA saw sense in pushing it back instead of going forward with it. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any gameplay for Rangers until next year because of Covid. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/11/2021 at 10:12 AM, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Imagine screwing a perfectly fine game and releasing it nearly unplayable for an anniversary. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 3

17 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any gameplay for Rangers until next year because of Covid. 

I wouldn't even specifically blame this on Covid, because if we're to believe that Rangers is somehow influenced by Breath of the Wild, that means that Sonic Team has their work cut out for them. That's why I kinda take it with a pinch of salt when those leakers were saying back when they were doing the March 2020 playtests that the game was really, really rough. That's the state of the game before lockdowns started really going into full effect, and it really does sound like super early development.

It wouldn't surprise me if part of the purpose of Sonic Colors Ultimate, which was supposed to release September of last year wasn't just to quickly capitalize on the movie, but to have a stop release in between the development for Rangers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks okay. But I do hope that's on Xbox One. Cause if 1080p is the best they can give us on Series X... we have a problem.

BIG problem.

I don't like the sound effect choices, or moreso being overused, and Sonic STILL moves stiffly in 3D as if you were using the Nunchucks due to their pointed ends. Other than that, looks solid.

Also, Roger recorded new grunts and Eggman can be heard MUCH more clearly. And what the hell was up with that transition and freeze at 2:20? That better be due to the build. They also seem to have some sort of timing feature with the Homing Attack that produces the colored trail and increases your boost gauge a bit, which is actually nice

• Thumbs Up 2

Did they remix the music or something it definitely sounds a little different.

Also what with that rainbow homing attack with the weird sound effect? That supposed to be a points modifier?

• Thumbs Up 1