Sonictrainer

9 minutes ago, azoo said:

1622135646003.png

God.

18 minutes ago, Wraith said:

E2aINBzX0AoPD9W.png

E2aIOkjX0Ag11GH.png

How did they make sonic colors without the colors though

Yeah ngl these comparisons are damning.  They've got fancy new lighting and bloom in Ultimate for what purpose? The game looks hideous. It;s like someone just cranked up the contrast to 500%. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Wraith said:

E2aINBzX0AoPD9W.png

E2aIOkjX0Ag11GH.png

I mean. I actually kind of like the colors popping up more with the bloom effect. 

The only thing I find lacking is the draw distance and funky resolution, but I'll hold my reserve on the last one. 

I’m just happy I finally get to replay this game after almost ten years, and on a PS5 too. Colors has one of the most appealing art styles in any Sonic game next to Unleashed, so it has held up very well visually, especially for a Wii game. I’m super excited to play it after so long. 

Seems like Tropical Resort took the biggest hit in this weird graphics overhaul like Planet Wisp looks basically the same so what's the deal here?

I'm in the minority of people who was never all that impressed by how the original Colors looked. Granted, it may just be because it came out after Unleashed but the thought remains unfortunately.

Still, it is strangely dark in Tropical Resort specifically. Almost like Eggman's just now turning the lights in the park on or something.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Granted, it may just be because it came out after Unleashed but the thought remains unfortunately.

It's a Wii game which is fueling both the praise and your dismissal...

Also aesthetics.

I think it's the lighting that makes Sonic's model look bad. The darker lighting on the Wii version hid a fair level of imperfections, but the new lighting on the Ultimate version makes it look lower quality.

25 minutes ago, Wraith said:

E2aINBzX0AoPD9W.png

E2aIOkjX0Ag11GH.png

16 minutes ago, azoo said:

1622135646003.png

God.

giphy.gif

At least the rest of the game looks fine. Fuck.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I mean. I actually kind of like the colors popping up more with the bloom effect. 

The only thing I find lacking is the draw distance and funky resolution, but I'll hold my reserve on the last one. 

Could the resolution be because it’s running on Switch, do you think?

I would say it is early for jumping to gun, for better or worse. I would LOVE to see it including some ds content and hedgehog engine 2 graphics but i knew that was impossible from the start. Luckily there seems to be a good amount of added content like the new game modes as it mentions, but maybe the new game mode is only the rival rush mode. There are new wisps, stages seem a little bit different if i am not mistaken, and the movie sonic stuff is okay. It has the price of a port so i think so far it seems like an okay port. Then again for the same price people got 3 Crash remasters so... The visual changes seem weird but it may be the trailer, and the final game may look different. The cartoon looks very good though.

However my main concern is that one site which got the leak correctly. The one mentioning the sonic movie stuff, it also mentioned the game being unplayable and getting delayed. I hope those issues are completly resolved, i dont want one of the rare good games of the franchise to get the harsh treatment, especially the public as Colors is one of the games which people started to question as of lately already.

I mean improving the lighting would indeed add more contrast - especially if its using some form of global illumination. Areas in shade would be darker and areas in light would be brighter.

It looks fine.

Tropical Resort looks weirdly dark but the other areas look fine so whatever.

• Thumbs Up 1

To me it kind of looks like they removed all the Colors from Colors and upped the contrast/tacked on a "bloom" filter. Also the new skyboxes seem lazier and less detailed, you can't even see the planets in the background?

The new Tropical Resort lightning looks awful, everything is way to dark. But there might be a reason here the game will start in "Early access" after seeing this. Hahaa!

• Chuckle 1

Idk, I was into this remaster until you guys showed off the lightning differences... sigh, I'm sorry to say that the new Wisp from TSR and VS Metal races may not be enough, oh and the costumes obviously. I dunno, they need to get it to look way nicer. I'm waiting for more details on it, but so far, not impressed yeah.

10 minutes ago, Shade Vortex said:

To me it kind of looks like they removed all the Colors from Colors and upped the contrast/tacked on a "bloom" filter. Also the new skyboxes seem lazier and less detailed, you can't even see the planets in the background?

Sonic Colors is now Sonic Bloom.

• Chuckle 2

the new, weirdly moody lighting looks much better in the outdoor areas. it looks like they just didn't really adjust it for indoor areas all that well. OOPS!

sonic colors is a fine game, and getting it again in HD is also fine. not life changing, but the other announcements were always gonna be the more important ones.

I am so going to buy this! Loved Sonic Colors.

Though now that Metal Sonic can be raced against, they should include Stardust Speedway from Sonic CD in this. Why? So we can recreate the famous Sonic CD race with Metal Sonic.

15 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

The new Tropical Resort lightning looks awful, everything is way to dark. But there might be a reason here the game will start in "Early access" after seeing this. Hahaa!

In SEGA’s case “early access” just means you can play it a few days early. They’ve been doing it with ATLUS games.