Awoo.

Sonic Colors: Ultimate - Announcement Trailer

Sonictrainer

16 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

They also did delay the PS3 version of Unleashed. Slightly. They did that a lot with the PS3 ports, in fact.

Rumors being true, they were willing to delay the game a whole year before, so why release it now? The crux of my point is that they were not aware of the biggest issues of Colors Ultimate, which I do think is possible with what is apparently known about Blind Squirrel Studios' management and the fact that Colors Ultimate is generally fine if you, like, approach it like a child; carefully, and putting it down every hour.

Even accepting that SEGA just wanted a game out, how they treated the game, including letting people play it three days earlier and jeopardizing sales with bad word-of-mouth, doesn't pan with a SEGA that knows the product is heavily flawed.

I mean, if you delay something once, and it still doesn't work, you have to delay it again lol. As a person who has played Unleashed on PS3 like 4 times it was not delayed nearly enough. Delay it a hundred times if that's what it takes.

And my take is that they probably knew about everything we saw on Twitter, but just assumed most people wouldn't give a fuck. Going by the reviews and the responses from most people playing it I think they were right in this assertion..aside from the twitter thing. The blowup on twitter from Sonic fans was probably the only unexpected part of this whole thing, but h*rdcore fans have always held remasters to a higher standard than most so really they should have expected something like that to happen if they've been paying attention.

Still, I as a Sonic fan am not happy with how this turned out and I think it'd be better to hold them accountable for this than not, less they pull up on a game I actually like with the same 'fuck it' attitude.

Like...Sonic 3, for instance! Good thing that's not getting another console release any time soon.

• Thumbs Up 5

I just want to say that gameplay is the most important aspect of any game. I know what you are probably thinking, and that is not what I am trying to say. Rather, what I mean is, I am beginning to think Sega thought about the gameplay the most, to the point that they literally had Blind Squirrel Games work on the gameplay more than anything else, otherwise, the reviewers would not have given it the scores they gave the game. That is at least one possible reason why the graphics and other things have glitches more than the gameplay itself. That is to say, there may BE some gameplay glitches here and there, but not game breaking compared to the other things from what I have heard.

This is just a theory, though, and I could be wrong, but either way, if they truly did not care about Colors Ultimate, even the gameplay could be bad, or even worse. Just saying.

Basically: I am saying that the theory is Sega wanted the gameplay to not be bad that they may have forgotten about anything else.

The amount of whiteknighting for a corporation that would step on you multiple times if it meant a 0.50 cents increase of their stocks is baffling.

SEGA executives either considered the PR hit to be negligible and worth the money anyway, or were oblivious about the quality of the product they were putting out.

The latter option requires very naive thinking, and that's just not how this world works, corporations always know what they're doing.

Either way, even if you really want to believe SEGA is a good friend of yours, they have still been pretty bad at their job, nothing will change that.

If you go to a grocery store and they sell you spoiled vegetables without knowing, you're still gonna hold them accountable because the product you've bought wasn't up to standards, and their job was to know that the vegetables they were selling you, for your money, were rotten.

Or if that happens do you just  keep the vegetables and say "well, the farmer guy must've given them already spoiled vegetables, poor Target (idk who sells vegetables overseas, sorry), how were they supposed to know that the obviously moldy vegetables I bought from them were moldy"?

• Thumbs Up 7

I think this white knighting thing is an excuse not to take others who do such a thing seriously. I mean, they can defend Sega if they want. We are all different people, after all. There may be some facts involved here and there, but in the end of the day, it is just their opinion which is neither right or wrong. Also, companies are not the friends of anyone, but they are asking people to buy their products, not forcing them, which is a different story. Therefore, it is the people's fault that they bought the game and ended not liking it. They just should know better not to buy a product from whatever company. That is why we have booksmarts and streetsmarts to help us in the case of people scamming people and even businesses for example. People can't say it is a company's fault they bought the game, or spoiled vegetables they shouldn't even have bought from a seller, and spoiled vegetables are not the same as games in terms of importance, as they can actually kill you, and veggies are food that people eat.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not defending Sega here. In fact, I say they, along with Blue Squirrel's involvement, are at fault for releasing the game in the state it was in was a bad and unacceptable decision. I mean, you can not like Sega or what they do, and try to boycott their games or do something similar along those lines, but in the end, you can't force others to not buy the game if they want to. You can't control them. That is how society works. Just because you do not like something does not make others whiteknighting a game a bad thing. They can do that if they want, and even if that annoys you, that does not make anything you may say or do better than the others.

What I am trying to say here is, I find people using white knighting to put down or not take others seriously just because they like a game that the other does not or whatever is all ridiculous. Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. Go ahead and not like Sega or the game if you want, but still, I wanted to point this out, even if some of you are not using that term to describe what others are doing and such at all. You can disagree with them though if you wish.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Sonikko said:

In that article, I cite:

"Sonic Colors Ultimate was recently leaked for current consoles, however the remaster was originally leaked last year. A reliable source connected with previous leaks in the community informed us of Sonic Colors Ultimate in August 2020 with further details revealed to us in the following months by the same source."

The previous leaks in bolded is a link that leads to:

https://soahcity.com/2021/04/04/rumor-sonic-adventure-1-2-remakes-were-in-development/

Which is a Zippo leak lol.

I so clearly remember that the one saying that Colours was unplayable in 2020 was Zippo, it was on his blog post somewhere among the edits.

BlazeHedgehog also mentioned that the stuff they're talking about is a collection of rumors, so there's that as well.

I wrote these articles. This is incorrect.

None of these articles have any connection to Zippo and have their own independent sources. The first paragraph in the article you linked to in your post cites a completely different source.

• Thumbs Up 6

Something I noticed playing yesterday is that the Xbox version (at least on Series X) doesn't have some of the graphical glitches like the flickering smoke in Planet Wisp.

I don't care at this point. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If they want to enjoy the game, let them, if they hate it and want to criticize it, let them, it's only good for the game if bugs are uncovered and fixed, it's an extra help to the dev team, if they believe SEGA is not responsible for this mess, LET THEM even whiteknight SEGA, it's not important, everyone should do what they think is right.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, Stritix said:

I wrote these articles. This is incorrect.

None of these articles have any connection to Zippo and have their own independent sources. The first paragraph in the article you linked to in your post cites a completely different source.

Even the one about the Adventure remakes? I remember Zippo talking about that leak as if it was his own, and several journalists doing articles about that leak telling it was from Zippo. I wouldn't be surprised if he just stole the information from someone else and claimed it as his own, it's a very Zippo thing.

I believe you that those leaks are not from Zippo, mostly because the Colors Ultimate one turned out to be partially true while nothing from Zippo as far as I know was true so far. Zippo nowadays just piggybacks some older and already known leaks telling us that he also heard about them, and even this way he manages to always be wrong regardless.

Also the Colors Ultimate "was unplayable" leak mentioned that movie content was going to be in the game and the movie would influence the franchise from now onward, while Zippo's stance on the movie was that Paramount "is doing their own things" with it and whatever they do is completely unrelated to the main franchise, quite the opposite statement (guess what of the two turned out to be the more accurate so far).

----

Wathever, if the rumor about another different studio being involved before and it being a complete failure is true, I just want to know who that incompetent studio is, I need to know, I hope the information will come out some day, again assuming that those rumors are true.

43 minutes ago, Iko said:

Even the one about the Adventure remakes? I remember Zippo talking about that leak as if it was his own, and several journalists doing articles about that leak telling it was from Zippo. I wouldn't be surprised if he just stole the information from someone else and claimed it as his own, it's a very Zippo thing.

The details in that article are dated to 2017 and have no relevance to Zippo.

43 minutes ago, Iko said:

I believe you that those leaks are not from Zippo, mostly because the Colors Ultimate one turned out to be partially true while nothing from Zippo as far as I know was true so far. Zippo nowadays just piggybacks some older and already known leaks telling us that he also heard about them, and even this way he manages to always be wrong regardless.

Also the Colors Ultimate "was unplayable" leak mentioned that movie content was going to be in the game and the movie would influence the franchise from now onward, while Zippo's stance on the movie was that Paramount "is doing their own things" with it and whatever they do is completely unrelated to the main franchise, quite the opposite statement (guess what of the two turned out to be the more accurate so far).

The Colors Ultimate one wasn’t covered by Zippo at any point as far as I’m aware so I don’t really have much else to add here. Ours definitely has no relation to Zippo.

Just saw some misinformation on my articles posted and wanted to clarify. Sorry for derailing the topic.

• Thumbs Up 6

On 9/6/2021 at 3:39 AM, Shaddy Zaphod said:

I can't imagine simply switching which song plays on what act so the originals come first is too difficult,

it wasn't.

A patch for the Switch version is up, finally fixes the seizure glitches. Also adds proper credit for the Godot Engine, as Blind Squirrel promised.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 2:47 PM, TheOcelot said:

Spotlight #3

Feels a little late to release this video as the game's already been released.

Huh. Very much an odd manuever to make.

So, I just found this interesting video:

So, it goes into detail about the behind the scenes drama with Blind Squirrel.  Of course, I take all this with a grain of salt.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/4/2021 at 2:50 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

So, I just found this interesting video:

So, it goes into detail about the behind the scenes drama with Blind Squirrel.  Of course, I take all this with a grain of salt.

Interesting. I am taking it with a grain of salt, as you said, but if there was drama between Blind Squirrel and Sega, it would make sense why Blind Squirrel were to blame, if more than Sega. I believe Sega, along with Sonic Team, but not limited to them, would be better with Sonic games after past Sonic games like Boom and Rise of Lyric happened. Sure, Forces wasn't the best game, but I think Sega and Sonic Team by extension learned much from the past to at least not make the game have any problems in the same way as Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric as well as Sonic Colors Ultimate had. What I am trying to say is that Blind Squirrel, and whatever happened between them and Sega, did not go well when making Sonic Colors Ultimate. With that, even if Sega did learn, if somewhat about making games with both Sonic Team and other developers (and this is only an IF, so count it as that), it makes sense why Blind Squirrel may have caused problems in making this game. Now, there could be some things Sega did that was their fault, that is possible, but with what happened to the Bioshock Collection Blind Squirrel was involved in, I am not surprised.

1 hour ago, CrystalMaelStorm said:

Interesting. I am taking it with a grain of salt, as you said, but if there was drama between Blind Squirrel and Sega, it would make sense why Blind Squirrel were to blame, if more than Sega. I believe Sega, along with Sonic Team, but not limited to them, would be better with Sonic games after past Sonic games like Boom and Rise of Lyric happened. Sure, Forces wasn't the best game, but I think Sega and Sonic Team by extension learned much from the past to at least not make the game have any problems in the same way as Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric as well as Sonic Colors Ultimate had. What I am trying to say is that Blind Squirrel, and whatever happened between them and Sega, did not go well when making Sonic Colors Ultimate. With that, even if Sega did learn, if somewhat about making games with both Sonic Team and other developers (and this is only an IF, so count it as that), it makes sense why Blind Squirrel may have caused problems in making this game. Now, there could be some things Sega did that was their fault, that is possible, but with what happened to the Bioshock Collection Blind Squirrel was involved in, I am not surprised.

What happened with the Bioshock series?

27 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

What happened with the Bioshock series?

I looked into it again. While I am seeing good things about it, I could have sworn I saw the Bioshock Infinite had bad things said about it and some bad things about the PC version. But it looks like I could be wrong.

Aw man, I must have confused Bioshock with some other game series remade by Blind Squirrel by mistake. I could have sworn I saw something bad, but apparently, it wasn't that bad. Could be for something else, if I am not mistaken.

EDIT: Looking into it further, seems like there were some graphical issues to be had in the Bioshock Collection, particularly Infinite.

EDIT: I see there were some crashing issues, too.

Can confirm. Bioshock 2 remaster would not stop crashing on PC. I cant remember if I gave up and finished the game on the non remastered version but the fact I even considered it is damning.

On the other hand, I dont wanna let Sega off the hook for this. They looked at it and approved it for sale. 

It's no surprise anymore fans fixing SEGA's mess, but here you go. Two simple fan mods already made the game miles better to look at. Sonic for one looks alive with Hyuga's fixed model and removing the motion blur and bloom completely made the game pop like never before. And they did this in a matter of days. What stopped Blind Squirrel from doing it?

61465bfa00d82.jpg

1 hour ago, BadBehavior said:

Can confirm. Bioshock 2 remaster would not stop crashing on PC. I cant remember if I gave up and finished the game on the non remastered version but the fact I even considered it is damning.

On the other hand, I dont wanna let Sega off the hook for this. They looked at it and approved it for sale. 

Understood, by which I mean the last part. Not only did they, Sega, approve of it when they should not have, but they were the ones who went to Blind Squirrel for making the game in the first place, among some other things, perhaps.

6 hours ago, Jango said:

It's no surprise anymore fans fixing SEGA's mess, but here you go. Two simple fan mods already made the game miles better to look at. Sonic for one looks alive with Hyuga's fixed model and removing the motion blur and bloom completely made the game pop like never before. And they did this in a matter of days. What stopped Blind Squirrel from doing it?

61465bfa00d82.jpg

It's a shame that the fans are doing a much better job with the Sonic games than SEGA is.  It makes me think that something has to change over at SEGA to fix all this (probably a new management).

TBH, I'm not sure that it's something that would have been changed because of a "change of management" (except maybe for the model) XD Somehow, they thought it looked good, so even with a better management, i'm not sure it would have gone at all. Maybe they managed to sold it to the Sonic Team by saying "it make it looks modern" (especially as it's not the first game that see that overloading bloom makes stuff looks better).

Better management would help a lot of things in Sonic games, but the bloom/blur thing… not really. ( Especially as here I wouldn't really call reverting two things "doing a better job", as it's mostly modifying an already done work )

• Thumbs Up 1