Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers - Teaser Trailer

Sonictrainer
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

Recent posts about the 'Sonic Frontiers' trademark information has been broken out into its own thread. This thread was originally about the game's announcement trailer way back in May, so it's a bit out of date to be posting significant game updates here.

Please remember to create a NEW forum topic if fresh news about a game has surfaced. This makes it a lot easier for users to find and discuss the latest news on SSMB. The side-chat about 'another solo Sonic game' may also be broken out into its own separate thread, to contain and avoid repeat discussions about it.

On 6/5/2021 at 6:58 AM, Sega DogTagz said:

True, but to be fair we have to put that in proper context; spinoffs aren't even close to equal footing with main series entries in this kind of discussion. While the quality of games like Free Riders were bad, its not going to have the same effect on the series at large vs. the perceptions that can be gleamed from quality failures from within the main series itself. Its just not gonna carry the same weight.

All of the games you mentioned outside of Sonic 4 were spinoffs and even 4 was a DL only title that was significantly smaller in scope than the standard affair. Despite most being made by Sonic Team itself, none of them really can compete with the impact Colors, Unleashed and Gens had on the narrative.

At least on the Major Products, Sonic Team was getting their ducks in a row.

Furthermore, Black Knight has been vindicated in recent years due to its story. It’s only been de-vindicated even more recently than it’s vindication due to association with whiny Adventure fans. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Betz said:

Gotta love these guys. Place your mes on what they'll leak next.

1623211039902.png

Any sources on this? Just checked sogamely and there’s nothing there about this.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

And then you have the reddit leaks which all say something different (Boost, no boost, infinite boost, momentum + spindash, etc)

I'm starting wonder if this is just some sort of publicity stunt.

I think we can safely ignore the reddit leaks for the time being considering that there's no evidence for them unlike the 4chan leaks.

• Thumbs Up 3

56 minutes ago, azoo said:

Any sources on this? Just checked sogamely and there’s nothing there about this.

1 hour ago, phobs said:

Wow! Can you share the link to the listing?

Thirding this, and calling it a fake unless there's actually a concrete source. Considering that the supposed source also isn't turning up in any search results... Lol.

Nothing to see here.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Thirding this, and calling it a fake unless there's actually a concrete source. Considering that the supposed source also isn't turning up in any search results... Lol.

Nothing to see here.

I agree, I checked Sogamely and did reverse Google image search and I didn't find anything 🤷‍♀️

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, phobs said:

I agree, I checked Sogamely and did reverse Google image search and I didn't find anything 🤷‍♀️

You still haven't told tell us where you found that image in the haven first place...

EDIT: My bad. This should have been directed at @Betz

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

You still haven't told tell us where you found that image in the haven first place...

What do you mean? Betz posted the picture not me. I just took URL of the image that he posted and inserted it into Google Images to try to find where it was posted for the first time, but I couldn't find anything 😅

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, phobs said:

What do you mean? Betz posted the picture not me. I just took URL of the image that he posted and inserted it into Google Images to try to find where it was posted for the first time, but I couldn't find anything 😅

Whoops, my bad. 

• Thumbs Up 2

My favorite thing about fake leaks is when a leak is confirmed or thought of to be legit and people come out of the woodworks with the exact same thing but x addition.

Like sure, guys.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Jango said:

Already? This has to be a mistake, unless the game comes reaaaaally early 2022..

Edit: NVM, leak is probably fake

Edited by Gloved Animal

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

Nothing to see here.

I found it on 4chan. Apparently it was listed and deleted within a couple hours. So could be real or fake. who knows

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Betz said:

I found it on 4chan. Apparently it was listed and deleted within a couple hours. So could be real or fake. who knows

Could you to the 4Chan thread then, please? It's really helpful when you cite and link to any sources, even if just to satiate curiosity and nothing else.

4Chan is always rife with hoaxes and fake leaks. After the Rangers leaks came to light as potentially credible after SEGA released that teaser trailer, there were tons of fake leaks piggybacking off them. It's always best to doubt 4Chan leaks, and doubly so when they can be using official info or other leaks to make themselves seem real.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, Betz said:

Probably fake 

24 minutes ago, Betz said:

I took closer look to the image: this is 10000% fake. The text of ref is poorly cropped and resized and as the result looks squished. For comparison, this is 4chan's part of ref 1587733298_ScreenShot2021-06-09at4_11_27PM.png.21c9ec259fac6a73b43f4478b4ff8f3f.pngand this is Sonic Collection's part of ref 263945600_ScreenShot2021-06-09at4_13_04PM.png.9b725daaaef38b4bdbcf142bbe931e6a.png

The case is closed

• Thumbs Up 2

The apparent lack of gameplay for E3 is mildly concerning. It could be that they don’t want to step on Colors’ toes, but my gut wonders if the game just isn’t even presentable right now. 

• Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

The apparent lack of gameplay for E3 is mildly concerning. It could be that they don’t want to step on Colors’ toes, but my gut wonders if the game just isn’t even presentable right now. 

Depends.

The way a lot of games get into "unpresentable situations" usually seems to be from lack of focus in the project. But considering what this game was last year, and the fact that open world games haven't radically shifted from what Breath of the Wild accomplished outside of increasing scope, I don't think the direction would have changed drastically.

Too many cooks in the kitchen and visions changing drastically mid development. Would be the cause of development woes.

That's really the only thing we can hope for, that SEGA stuck to the vision to the bitter end and are just withholding gameplay to keep Colours from losing attention.

• Thumbs Up 2

Pokemon just recently showed off their open world game before it was ready, and we all sat around the bonfire and made fun of them for it. 

Even is Sega shows nothing, I'm willing to consider it a marketing strat over a current readiness indication. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Depends.

The way a lot of games get into "unpresentable situations" usually seems to be from lack of focus in the project. But considering what this game was last year, and the fact that open world games haven't radically shifted from what Breath of the Wild accomplished outside of increasing scope, I don't think the direction would have changed drastically.

Too many cooks in the kitchen and visions changing drastically mid development. Would be the cause of development woes.

That's really the only thing we can hope for, that SEGA stuck to the vision to the bitter end and are just withholding gameplay to keep Colours from losing attention.

I doubt SEGA's avoiding showing off the game because it's an absolute mess. Even if they were just working with the extremely out of date testing demos, it wouldn't be difficult to polish up the more presentable parts for a trailer. Right now it just seems like they're trying to build up Sonic Colors Ultimate hype since that game is closer to completion and release.

• Thumbs Up 1

It kind of really annoys me that we likely won't see it until after Colors Ultimate. We're being withheld the main course for a remaster side dish lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, CertifiedNobody said:

So is Weezer actually doing the main theme for Rangers?

Oh nah that was a joke. Has no basis. I believe the guys over at Sunset City (podcast) circulated it for a bit of fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, charmsb said:

Oh nah that was a joke. Has no basis. I believe the guys over at Sunset City (podcast) circulated it for a bit of fun.

I heard about it the Chaomix's stream and they mentioned some deleted tweet announcing it

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I heard about it the Chaomix's stream and they mentioned some deleted tweet announcing it

It honestly must've been part of the gag/entirely rumors. But hey, who knows.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 2:24 PM, Snowragnarok said:

Furthermore, Black Knight has been vindicated in recent years due to its story. It’s only been de-vindicated even more recently than it’s vindication due to association with whiny Adventure fans. 

I've always enjoyed Black Knight, since the first time I played when the game was still fresh. I think it's a very underrated and unappreciated game. It's not perfect by any means, I think most of the level design in the story missions were too linear and repetitive. In the post-game, we have more interesting level designs and challenges, though. Still a very enjoyable and fun game that got a lot of hate because it was a popular thing to hate on Sonic back then. 👀

• Thumbs Up 2