Awoo.

New Sonic fan game idea

Jaiden The Motobug

This was a shower thought i had last night. What if there was a Sonic where you had to choose a play style at the beginning of the game, between the Boost, Adventure, and classic/advance style gameplay. Once you pick one, the other two are locked. Then, as the game goes on, you unlock the other playstyles as the story progresses. I feel like I should explain the classic/advance idea.  I was thinking Sonic would have the drop and spin dash, along with advance 2's gimmick of after running fast and long enough he sort of "boosts" with the after images and the increased top speed. And maybe unlocking some brand new moves. One idea i Had would be where Sonic preforms a move similar to his down air from Smash and when he hits the ground, he rolls into a ball, and depending on whether you have the boost or spin dash equipped, you would either continue rolling or just do a somersault and start running when he lands. I would love to hear your guy's other ideas! Post them in the comments!

• Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 11:22 AM, Jaiden The Motobug said:

This was a shower thought i had last night. What if there was a Sonic where you had to choose a play style at the beginning of the game, between the Boost, Adventure, and classic/advance style gameplay. Once you pick one, the other two are locked. Then, as the game goes on, you unlock the other playstyles as the story progresses. I feel like I should explain the classic/advance idea.  I was thinking Sonic would have the drop and spin dash, along with advance 2's gimmick of after running fast and long enough he sort of "boosts" with the after images and the increased top speed. And maybe unlocking some brand new moves. One idea i Had would be where Sonic preforms a move similar to his down air from Smash and when he hits the ground, he rolls into a ball, and depending on whether you have the boost or spin dash equipped, you would either continue rolling or just do a somersault and start running when he lands. I would love to hear your guy's other ideas! Post them in the comments!

My honest opinion is that its not very good and its very bloated. In past games with multiple campaigns, you would be experiencing slightly different mechanics and moves and stages, but overall the gameplay would still be the same. It kept it feeling cohesive.

This just seems like pandering to all sonic fans. At a certain point, you just need to go forward with one thing, even if you risk alienating a certain area of the fanbase. You need to be cohesive and give the franchise an identity. Its just clumsy to slap a bunch of styles together, or even just shove them all into one game (and I know Forces did that a bit, I didnt like it). SA, SA2, Heroes, 06, all have multiple campaigns but the physics engine is the same across all of them and youre always doing 3d platforming with the goal of getting to the end of the stage.