Awoo.

Sonic Rangers Predictions...

TurkishDelight91

On 8/17/2021 at 6:35 AM, Jango said:

Hyping us with another vocal theme in a game that could or could not have any substance, just like Forces. I love vocal themes in Sonic, but they won't save a bad game. See how well implemented and meaningful each vocal theme was in SA1 all the way to Shadow the Hedgehog, and even 06, despite the quality of these games, they didn't just threw a vocal theme for the sake of it like how it was in Forces. Forces scratched the surface of many things fans have been asking for, and a vocal theme was one of them. It had no meaning, it's just there, like Classic Sonic, Chaos 0, Shadow...

I don't really understand what you mean by this. Maybe you're talking about the Avatar's vocal themes (I never really paid them much mind, I just think they sounded good in the levels), but I thought Fist Bump and Infinite's Theme made perfect sense, one being a song about the power of teamwork, a major theme in the game, and the other being, well, about Infinite the character. Am I missing something? How were they lacking in meaning?

For that matter, what was so brilliant about the implementation of the older themes you're referring to when they were mostly just thrown into any cutscene that had their respective character on screen? And what's the difference between meaningful inclusion of a theme and just "throwing one in for the sake of it," and how many games besides Forces would you say this applies to, since you only cited the ones up to 2006? Because I fail to see what was wrong with any of the songs in Unleashed, Black Knight or Colors, or their implementation.

In any case, I fail to see the issue in the first place with having a kickass vocal theme just for the sake of having one, anyway. Like, I guess Reach For the Stars doesn't really have anything in the way of "deeper meaning," it's just a happy, cheerful theme for a happy, cheerful game that itself was lacking in any interesting narrative themes or character development to base a song on, but you know what? The song just rocks, and is an awesome way to kick off and end the game. Yeah, it's cool when the theme (and the game's story, for that matter) has more substance, but given the choice between a vocal theme that just sounds awesome and just an instrumental theme, of course I'll take the kickass vocal theme.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Too Many Rings 1

I love the vocal songs of Sonic Forces. The only issue I have with Forces' soundtrack are the classic sonic stage songs, they are awful. And I'm not a fan of First Bump, it's not a bad song, it's just not my cup of tea, and it's a little repetitive because it plays every time we use the double boost. I love Infinite's theme, I hear this song almost every single day, it's so memorable and addicting.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/17/2021 at 6:35 AM, Jango said:

Hyping us with another vocal theme in a game that could or could not have any substance, just like Forces. I love vocal themes in Sonic, but they won't save a bad game. See how well implemented and meaningful each vocal theme was in SA1 all the way to Shadow the Hedgehog, and even 06, despite the quality of these games, they didn't just threw a vocal theme for the sake of it like how it was in Forces. Forces scratched the surface of many things fans have been asking for, and a vocal theme was one of them. It had no meaning, it's just there, like Classic Sonic, Chaos 0, Shadow...

Vocal themes are implemented into Forces the exact same way as they are in other games.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/17/2021 at 7:35 AM, Jango said:

I'm sorry--are you trying to actually make Tony Harnell returning sound like a bad thing? This fandom...

I also like the comment about how "even '06 didn't just threw a vocal theme for the sake of it." I'm sorry, how many versions of His World are shoved into the game? 15? The main menu, the character select, the first cutscene, the final boss...

Stop trying to make songs like Open Your Heart sound like a profound art statement. It's buttrock. No one enjoys those songs because they were "well implemented and meaningful." 

"THUNDER RAIN AND LIGHTNING, DANGER, WATER RISIN'" See, it's meaningful because Perfect Chaos is water and rain is water and he floods Station Square.

"TOGETHER WE CAN SHOW THE WORLD WHAT WE CAN DO" That has no meaning because there are no scenes where Sonic works together with the Avatar, no sir.

As an aside, I love/hate how Forces' vocal tracks are painfully on-the-nose and literal. You're climbing a tower and Eggman's going to drop the sun on you? The literal first lyrics are "THE SUN IS FALLEN FROM THE SKY BEYOND."

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

On 8/19/2021 at 5:36 PM, NoKaine said:

I'm sorry--are you trying to actually make Tony Harnell returning sound like a bad thing? This fandom...

I also like the comment about how "even '06 didn't just threw a vocal theme for the sake of it." I'm sorry, how many versions of His World are shoved into the game? 15? The main menu, the character select, the first cutscene, the final boss...

Stop trying to make songs like Open Your Heart sound like a profound art statement. It's buttrock. No one enjoys those songs because they were "well implemented and meaningful." 

"THUNDER RAIN AND LIGHTNING, DANGER, WATER RISIN'" See, it's meaningful because Perfect Chaos is water and rain is water and he floods Station Square.

"TOGETHER WE CAN SHOW THE WORLD WHAT WE CAN DO" That has no meaning because there are no scenes where Sonic works together with the Avatar, no sir.

As an aside, I love/hate how Forces' vocal tracks are painfully on-the-nose and literal. You're climbing a tower and Eggman's going to drop the sun on you? The literal first lyrics are "THE SUN IS FALLEN FROM THE SKY BEYOND."

But...there are playable levels Sonic and Avatar work together...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/21/2021 at 2:09 PM, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

But...there are playable levels Sonic and Avatar work together...

I know, I was being sarcastic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here are my ''predictions'', tho this is more of a wish list:

-Multiple playable characters, at the very least I hope for Tails and Knuckles, tho having Shadow, Amy or others wouldn't be bad

-Decent to good story, after Pontac and Graff seem to be gone, I hope the story will be  good this time around, something like the tone of Unleashed will be perfect

-Multiple biomes in the open world, I really hope it won't just be the one big forest, having a desert world, ice world and etc.  would make the game have more variety and it won't get as boring going through the open world.

-The ''cyberspace'' levels to be Generations/Unleashed quality at the very least if not better, less automation and more multiple pathways to explore.

-Momentum based physics, , fan games like Sonic Utopia showed just how fun is to just wander around the world when the physics are good.

-A combat system based on Sonic's speed, the spincycle sounds promising so if they make the combat system be around Sonic's speed then they could make the combat actually really fun, the leak did it mention it being ''very button mashy'' so I hope they fix it for the release.

-Good controls, this really should be a given, but with Sonic Team this has to be mentioned, they have to get the controls right here especially for an open world game, the controls in Forces were terrible especially for Classic Sonic(god I really hope he is not in Rangers), so the controls should be a big priority for this game.

-An open world that doesn't feel empty, they should add enough stuff do in the open world so it doesn't become too boring to just wander aimlessly, hope there are puzzles, enemies, loop de loops and more sprinkled everywhere throughout.

I could go on all day but this is basically the gist of what I want in the next game, if they do all that and execute it good then we will have an amazing sonic game at our hands.

Hope we get news on Rangers sooner than later.

It's more like my wishlist than prediction, but here we go:

- I want Sonic Rangers to have a new gameplay style that build upon everything that has worked on all the other Sonic 3D gameplay formulas. I want the gameplay with a more traditional 3D plataforming experience like Sonic Adventure, but that takes inspiration from the level design and even the move set of games like Heroes, Unleashed and even Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 2006, that despite these last two being bad they had good level design ideas in some stages

- I want the stages to be fully 3D with no 2D sections anymore

- The game needs to have character upgrades or RPG elements like the Adventurea,  Sonic and the Secret Rings, Unleashed and Black Knight have to give the game a better sense of progression

- The environments need to be more unique and creative like they used to be during the 2000s

- I want a story at the same level as Unleashed or Black Knight

- More playable characters would be great, but they all need to have the same core 3D platforming  gameplay but with few differences in the move set and skills

• Thumbs Up 2

What I really hope is that they'll bring something new to the table. The boost gameplay was something really unique, and I hope they'll bring something unique to 3D Open World, and give us a new vision of what can be a Sonic game (even if it means that we might not all like it).

I guess that in Sonic Rangers, There will be more Playable Characters but We don't know yet and also Crush 40 doing the Main Theme, It's gonna be the Ultimate Sonic Game in 2022 in that Matter with a Good Script like a Shonen Script, and also There might be DLC, We don't know about these Info Yet, If they are revealed, I might Reply to them