Awoo.

What is the most over-hyped/'too good to be true' leak to ever hit video games?

TurkishDelight91

With Sonic Rangers comin' on it's way, all of the Sonic fanbase has been raving and screaming over leaks, datamines, and other discoveries found after the fan reveal of the next game's name. The fans have also been talking adventure remake leaks, but not to this extent (because the Sonic Rangers leaks are actually legit).

Speaking of other fake leaks, what is the most over-hyped rumours or leaks to hit video games? I would love to hear some stories!!

HAHAHAH.png

I remember when the "Grinch leak" was a thing in the Smash community. Boy, that sure was a time.

But hey, at least we got Banjo later anyways, so it's not too big a deal for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember that circa 2012, there was a "leak" about a Star Fox and Metroid crossover game developed by Retro Studios for the Wii U, which would have combined gameplay elements from both series. I don't think anyone took the leak to be true - it sounded way too outlandish - but I remember some people speculating over whether a dev as talented as Retro Studios could make such a ridiculous concept work. Either way, lying about a crossover between two then-dormant Nintendo franchises by one of their most talented studios was a pretty mean way of playing with fans' emotions.

And God, before Rangers got a teaser, I don't think you could take two steps without some clickbait rumor mill YouTube channel screaming "SONIC ADVENTURE REMAKES." Ugh.

• Thumbs Up 1