Awoo.

Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope

Sonictrainer

E3tPjXaWEAM8aqg?format=jpg&name=large

Team up with Mario, Rabbid Peach, and their friends on a mission to save the galaxy! Mario + Rabbids® Sparks of Hope, coming 2022 on Nintendo Switch.

Gameplay trailer. This one has narration over it, but I’ll try to find one without it later. 

I still find it funny how Nintendo will apparently not work with companies even with sleight ties to the mafia, and distance themselves from companies like Blizzard due to their controversy, but Ubisoft was perfectly fine enough to work with them and get a sequel game. 

Anyway, the game looks alright, the original game was okay, but I haven’t beaten it, idk it got a bit to...redundant feeling and boring eventually. Not a bad game, but not one I’d go back to often. The sequel looks nice with its new characters, Rosalina was a surprise, but I don’t really find myself chomping to get it day one. I’ll probably get it down the line used when it’s like 15 bucks used like what I did with the original. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • My Emmerdoods 1

So, do we know yet, who that green-haired Rabbid is supposed to be based off of yet?

13 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

So, do we know yet, who that green-haired Rabbid is supposed to be based off of yet?

Literally no one...

Both her and the red-haired Rabbid seem to share some features with Bowser, and given he's in the official art for the title, I assume that's going to be a plot point.

*There's already ship art of Poison Rabbid and Rabbid Peach*

You know what I am okay with this.

9 characters...well that's one more than before.

Rabbid Mario & both the Yoshis seem to be gone, so that new rabbid has to be the 9th character.

Rabbid Mario does show up in the gameplay footage, only the Yoshis don't seem to. It's more interesting that it's an uneven number, so i wonder wich side takes the extra character.

Can I just point that Sega could totally get away with Shadow and even Sonic holding a gun, if they weren't  stupid about it?

... hmmm, you know, this new rabbit character *has* spiky black hair

This looked fun. Gonna grab the first one on sale to see what I'm in for

6 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Can I just point that Sega could totally get away with Shadow and even Sonic holding a gun, if they weren't  stupid about it?

It's been 16 years

7 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

A lot of things about Sonic could've been different if Sega/Sonic Team wasn't stupid about them.

Anyway. Game looks like good fun in the same vein as the first. I ended up burning out on the first's DK dlc and a second playthrough so I probably won't rush to buy it first day but I'll likely pick it up eventually. I am a little concerned about the switch from grid-based to free movement though; big chunky grid squares make the situation clearer and the results of actions more predictable than free movement and dynamically-drawn circle ranges. I don't expect it'll ruin the game or anything but I feel like it'll make planning harder and I'm not sure what the benefit is.

Bowser Jr made Rabbid Kong so I don’t know if he should be talking. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

Bowser Jr made Rabbid Kong so I don’t know if he should be talking. 

I mean, let's be fair, Rabbid Kong wasn't nearly as cursed as those things are. Dude even made a pretty good comeback in the DK DLC.

• 1 year later...

We got ourselves a date leak on that briefly slipped on the store page: October 20th. Images taken before the page went unlisted confirms

Spoiler

Bowser as a playable in the squad

Keep your eyes peeled in tommorow's Direct on how it's shaping up to be.

Edited by Supah Berry

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, SanPolo4389 said:

I love the cut scene. The characters are dripping personality. Especially Bowser, who looked excited to fight Wiggler and Rabbid Luigi had to hold him back.

I'm intrigued by the Rayman DLC. The position of the characters might suggest it will be similar to the Donkey Kong DLC and only have Rabbid Peach and Rabbid Mario as a part of it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a peak at a brand new story trailer for the game! We get our first look at an opening cutscene and new "Spark Hunters", bosses sent by Cursa.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm only in world 1, but I'm liking it so far.

One major improvement over the first game is that you can customize your team however you want. (The previous game made you have at least one character from each franchise at all times) So I've just been going around as Mario and Luigi, having a blast.

The combat's fun, and decently challenging for this early in the game. You actually do need to plan and play the game strategically, and I think each character's unique weapons and abilities add some fun variety to the combat.

So far, good game. I'll play more of it soon.

• The title was changed to Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
  • 10 months later...