Awoo.

Sonic Cartoon/Anime Ideas - if you made a Sonic Cartoon...

OmegaSonicX

with Sonic Prime comming out, i decided to remake a thread i found years ago, that i can't find anymore, i myself have an idea for a series, the format is optional, btw, have fun!

Spoiler

Title: Sonic the Hedgehog GX (Sonic GX for short)

Artstyle: Anime, mainly inspired by classic anime, with the grittier colors, Sonic & friends are depicted in a mix between the Junio/OVA artstyle and the Sonic X artstyle while the humans have a more cartoony "Dragon Ball-esque" style inspired by Naka and Oshima's other works like NiGHTS, Billy Hatcher and yes, even Balan Wonderworld, the humans would still be very varied on how they look

Tone & Structure: The show would follow the usual Anime structure, using "Arcs" or "Sagas", many of wich are adaptations of the games, although some are skipped in favor of original stories (like Heroes, the Storybook games, Riders games, Colors, Generations and Lost World) or altered heavily either to make it fit or to improve the writting (Battle, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06, Forces). The tones varies, some arcs are lighthearted with dark undertones, while others are entirely dark and serious. this is what im planning:

Plot Synopsis: Sonic lived a normal and peacefull life with his family in the town of Green Hills, as a rebelious teenager, skipping school and often escaping his home at midnight, until one day, a mysterious ship crashed in a forest near the town of Green Hills, containing a mysterious boy named Nick "Nicky" Towers, son of the GUN Commander, Abraham Towers, being chased by a gang of robots, after saving him, Sonic learns that he's on a mission to collect the legendary 7 Chaos Emeralds before the evil mad scientist Dr Robotnik does, thus Sonic, Tails and Nicky embarc on a mission meeting friends and foes on the way.

Worldbuilding: Worldbuilding plays a major factor into the series, the series takes place on a Post-Modern world, with Humans and Animals coexisting, it's got the usual elements, G.U.N, Chaos Emeralds, Master Emerald, the Ancient Echidna Tribe and the Chao, aswell as some characters from the Sonic Manga, SatAM, Sonic X, Sonic Boom (TAS), the Sonic Movie and the Sonic OVA. on top of the game cast everyone knows and loves aswell as brand new original characters. there's also new takes on game concepts, such as:

the Chaos Emeralds emit Chaos Energy, wich here not only powers machines and mutates chao, but can also be used to make Power Rings, wich for a short time allows the user to enhance his natural abiltiies and materialize energy weapons, known as "Chaos Force" and "Chaos Ability" for enhancement and combat respectively, some individuals have trained to manipulate the ambient Chaos Energy, being able to use Chaos Force and Chaos Ability without Power Rings, using the highly forbidden martial arts technique "Shuchu" (this is also how Sonic uses the Boost later on the series, with Chaos Energy and Shuchu bassicly being the series' Shonen power-scale), people can also use Chaos Control if they have an Emerald in hand.

A uncommon natural event that occurs when too much Chaos Energy is gathered at the same place, creating a pocket dimention, known as "Zones" wich are often exagerated and twisted versions of the enviroment arround it, Natural and Manmade, for example, normal ancient ruins can turn into a lava maze and a bustling city can turn into a giant rollercoster, the chaos energy can also allow users to use Chaos Force and Chaos Ability without Power Rings, aslong as their inside of the zone, using up the chaos energy can also make the effect dissapear, there's theories in-universe that the Zones are actually part of the "Special Zone" leaking into the real world, some Chaos Ring or Schuchu users are also able to create artificial Zones to give them advantage in combat.

and from the Forces arc onwards, the series also starts adapting the IDW comics. mainly the Mr. Tinker arc and the Zombot arc, albeit done in it's own way with anime exclusive characters and worldbuilding added in.

Characters:

Sonic the Hedgehog: a rebelious 16 year old teen, with an attitude, he's overly confident and likes to jokingly make fun of his friends, but deep down, he cares a lot for his friends, he has a short attention span and low patience, he preffers acting instead of thinking, his brash and impulsive nature lends him to many problems.

Characterization akin to: Sonic SatAM, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog (OVA)

Miles "Tails" Prower: a 10 year old child prodigy able to build hi-tech machinery, he was born in the neighboring town, but abandoned by his parents because of his two tails, he was poor and was bulied until one day, he met the parlouzer family wich adopted him, now he's Sonic the Hedgehog's step brother, he's often the one helping Sonic thinking and stopping Sonic before taking action, despite that, he looks up to his brother, one day wishing to be as cool as him

Characterization akin to: Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic the Hedgehog (OVA)

Nick "Nicky" Towers: the 13 year old son of the GUN Commander, Abraham Towers, he's very introverted, spending most of his time alone training to become a strong soldier and being on life or death missions, but also playing with toys on his free time, outside of his coworkers, he never had any time to make friends before meeting Sonic & Tails, he's very calculated and usually doesn't like to risk it, but he's also likes to hang out with his new found friends.

since he's an original character, there isn't any source material to pull from, but my main inspiration was the character Killua Zoldyck from Hunter x Hunter, he was also inspired by another Sonic Fan-Character, Jochebed from Noble-Maiden's Sonic X Reimagining (or reboot as she calls it) on Deviantart, he was also named after Sonic's real form from the Shogakukan Manga,

Knuckles the Echidna: the last of his tribe, the 16 year old teen spends all of his time fulfilling his role as the guardian of the Master Emerald, with his super-strenght, he's very introverted and usually hostile to strangers, and has anger issues, but he's also very gullible, as he met Sonic, Tails & Nicky after being tricked by Robotnik, even afterwards he occationally gets tricked by Robotnik now and then, he's the only character that gets minor design changes, mainly being a little more muscular, albeit not as much as Boom Knuckles.

Characterization akin to: Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2.

Amy Rose: Sonic's self proclaimed girlfriend, the 14 year old's very optimistic and kind to strangers, she still lives her normal life, with hobbies such as Cooking, Shopping and Fortune-Telling, she likes to hang out with her friend, Cream the Rabbit, and is madly in-love with Sonic, using every oportunity she gets to be with him, even if Sonic also uses every opportunity he gets to run away from her.

Characterization akin to: Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes

Dr ivor "Eggman" Robotnik: the big bad of the series, a Mad Scientist who wants to take over the world using any means, after hearing off his grandfather's death by the hands at G.U.N when he was a child, now he wants to make a self-proclaimed "Utopia" albeit his vision matches more that of a dictator, he's able to outsmart everyone and plan ahead thanks to his 200 IQ, he's also able to build entire armies of robots by using the life-essence of forest animals, although later he moves on from that into the more effective chaos energy. and yes the "typo" is intentional, as Eggman is of european descent in this series, with an european name (Robotnik afterall is, fun fact, a Polish word for worker according to Google Translate.)

Characterization akin to: Sonic Heroes, Sonic X, Sonic the Hedgehog (OVA) in lighthearted arcs, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Unleashed in darker arcs.

BONUS:

Musicbeing an anime most of the time means japanese music, the style of the music is mostly 80's City Pop, although Punk Rock (mainly Crush 40) is also used occationally during big action moments against world-ending threats, background music also has that 80's pop vibe and is catchy on it's own, with it even using songs from the Sonic OVA. such as South Island, Sunset in Eggmanland, Machinery and Rushing to Eggmanland, and some from Sonic X such as Rouge's Theme or Amy's Theme, accompanied by original music and music from the games, primarily the more ambiental tracks from Sonic Adventure 1 & 2.

Remember, share your ideas and have fun.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't really think often of this so I dont have long, deep ideas like yours but to be honest I think I'd appreciate a shorts-with-overarching-story format. Kinda like how Mania Adventures handled its story.

Basically you'd just designate an episode to a character or a set of characters and that would culminate in a finale where all these paths intersect. Like Sonic Heroes too! It would be a good way to spend time on some underappreciated characters and tell lighter, less tension stories with a good continuous plot. Here's an example, just a random thought:

Maybe the connected plot is like, slowly, the characters are being captured and replaced by their metal counterparts. It would be an excuse to show off some badass robot designs. The first episode, naturally, is Sonic and Tails, with halfway through the episode, Tails disappearing and Sonic fighting Metal Tails.

The rest of the series could be how groups of characters deal with their friends disappearing. They have their usual interactions, then someone goes missing, and all hell breaks loose from there.

It follows that same formula of characters going about their day someone, seeing someone disappear, and facing a metal version. Obviously some twists and turns in that formula would keep it fresh, but it would only be a short series. By the end, they rescue their friends and they all fight their robot copies.

That's just one idea I thought of off the top of my head.

i decided to expand a little more on the idea, here's some of my concepts for Story Arcs.

Spoiler

Eggman ArcIt's what the synposis says. it would be focused on establishing the world and characters, in mainly episodic Adventures, with the cast living their everyday lives while fighitng eggman's robots or dealing with becoming popular like in Sonic X, with Knuckles having a subplot involving him becoming friends with a guy named hawk, like in Sonic X, except this becomes more important later on, eventually more plot points are introduced such as G.U.N looking for Sonic & Friends after supposedly mistaking them for kidnappers, when in reality they want to experiment on Sonic, against Nicky's wishes, the arc reaches it's climax when Eggman gets the 6 of the 7 Chaos Emeralds, then he kidnapps the president's daughter, Sarah and uses her as a hostage to get the the 7th emerald, G.U.N tries to fight Eggman and destroys his base, but he escapes on his new ship, the Egg Carrier, then Eggman uses 6 of the emeralds to turn Metal Sonic into a Giant mech wich Eggman hops into with Sarah, threatening to destroy Starlight City, G.U.N tries to fight him again to no avail, until Sonic comes in and absorbs the Emerald's Energy, thus debuting Super Sonic wich defeats Metal Sonic Kai and saves the president's daughter, making him a Hero, thus G.U.N stops chasing after him and Nicky returns to G.U.N to serve them more, saying goodbye to Sonic and friends.. for now.

Tone: Lighthearted with Dark Undertones

Chaos Arcadaptation of Sonic Adventure, stays mostly the same as the game, although Nicky gets thrown in as a 7th character, aswell as an Epilogue Arc involving G.U.N cleaning everything up and Eggman trying to use Silver Sonic as a last resort to take over Staright City, all with a suplots like Amy griefing on Gamma and stumbling upon the flickies' owner, ends with Eggman finding info about Shadow and Nicky moving to central city. we also get to learn more about Tails' Past in this universe after the tornado crashes in Sky Chase Act 1 (being trashed by his parents for his two tails and being constantly bullied before meeting Sonic).

Tone: Mostly Lighthearted with Dark Undertones

Shadow ArcAdaptation of Sonic Adventure 2, is even more faithfull to the game, after Shadow gets found, Nicky embarcs on a mission with G.U.N to trick Sonic into getting caught, as some sort of framing device to hide information about the Arc, the news reporter subplot from Sonic X remains, albeit Nicky is also involved, with him starting to feel bad about what he's doing, at the end Sonic & friends capture Eggman with the help of G.U.N and send him to jail, where Nicky apologizes for all the wrong things he did, and starts questioning the ethics of G.U.N.

Tone: Dark and Serious

Egg Moon Arc: After being captured by G.U.N, Eggman is forced to rebuild the Moon he destroyed, with the nanotech he was developing, Eggman uses the opportunity to block out the sun, setting a intricate mind control system to get the crowd against Sonic, while all of this happens, Bokkun finds a robot in the middle of the desert, and decides to bring it to Eggman, after Eggman's plan gets foiled, Bokkun brings the robot to Eggman but it's seemingly broken, thus he trashes it on the beach where he's found by Cream, becoming instant friends in a few episodic adventures, but it's not over yet when G.U.N captures Sonic & Tails

Tone: Mostly Lighthearted

Battle Arena Arc: The Master Emerald gets stolen by a mysterious person, meanwhile Sonic & Tails are forced to pay for their property damage in the Shadow and Egg Moon arcs by fighting on a torunament being hield at the Battle Arena on Chu'nan, that's giving away to the winner something called "The Key of Mu", while their agents (Rouge, Topaz, Stewart and Nicky) go on an undercover mission to find and capture a terrorist group that also wants to get the Key of Mu, Knuckles runs into his old friend Hawk again, who just so happened to hire Chaotix for the same mission, as he reveals he was a former member of the terrorist group, Amy and Cream who were also in Chu'nan for tourism happen to hear about the tournament and write in Emerl to mainly show off his power.

usual fighting tournament stuff happens, and Sonic & Tails learn about shuchu from an martial arts expert, and start to train to become stronger between fights, albeit Sonic's lack of patience makes it harder than it needs to be, while they train, several mysterious terrorist attacks start happening near the Battle Arena

Turns out that before the echidnas, the original guardians of the Master Emerald, were the residents of the Dragon Kingdom of Mu' wich were also the first to use Shuchu, originally one,, they were divided in four clans, after a dispute over the Master Emerald, Yagyu, Shinobi, Raiju and Gossomer, (wich unlike in the comics, the clans were more political views with different fighting styles than specific animal clans) wich went at war over the Master Emerald, eventually leading into the Kingdom's demise, with the few survivors eventually the Echidnas took the Master Emerald and claimed it as it's own, Espio, being the last survivor of the Shinobi clan becomes mad with revenge after Knuckles is knocked out and hold hostage alongside the Master Emerald. the leader also uses her Chaos Ability to control emerl and escape.

Sonic, Tails & the Martial Arts expert meet up with Amy, Cream, Hawk and the Chaotix who go on a mission alongside all of G.U.N to go to Mu' and retrieve the Master Emerald, eventually Sonic & Tails use their newly learned abiltiies to fight her but Emerl sacrifices himself. everyone goes their own way with Amy and Cream griefing on Emerl...

Tone: Dark and Serious with some lighthearted moments.

I sometimes toy with imagining what extending the OVA out into a series could look like. Introducing characters and elements from other parts of the franchise while trying to be careful not to break what I like about the OVA's setting.

It's not too well thought out, but a potential first season would center around Cream as an audience surrogate, integrating her into the cast using the basic setup of Sonic Advance 2: She's separated from Vanilla and the season arc is the gang helping Cream locate her mother. Missing persons are a bit of common occurrence as Robotnik is doing the living batteries thing from the classic games just treated with similar gravity as Robotization from SatAM. The Chaotix position as a detective agency actually fits stupid well in this scenario, and I love the Chaotix so of course I've gotta incorporate them.  Again all of this is in the backdrop of the OVA setting, plenty of travel by plane, and venturing in and out of the land of darkness. 

Characters:

Sonic and Tails are as presented in the film they live in peculiar wreck on the coast of South Island, which actually has a well maintained interior. (must be a scheme to keep property value down, lol) 

Team Rose: Amy exists, and together with Tekno have been making a name for themselves as treasure hunters. Her crush is intact, but she's at the "doing things to impress Sonic" stage, and so might come off as downplayed. Treasure Hunting would be a major theme of the series, (so much so I'd probably title the series "Treasures", or ""Treasure R" or something along those lines), and when not focused on the central arc of the season I'd give way to misadventures searching ruins and caves for chaos emeralds, power rings, and the like. Once the season arc with Cream is established I'd introduce Amy with a lead on a treasure and asking Sonic for an assist, and yes my ideal team rose roster would be Amy, Tekno, and Cream, but with how I'm using Cream there's a bit of legwork to do there. If Amy were to encounter Sara they'd be chatty friends and maybe occasionally buck heads a bit over Sonic.

Rouge would initially be working under Robotnik, with the eventual intent to undermine him, as in SA2. She'd still be a secret government agent, but none of that would come to light this season, and I'd focus on playing up her villainy, and skill at subterfuge for now instead, and establish her as a rival treasure hunter to Knuckles. I'd probably have her use Tekno's history from StC as a former weapon engineer for Robotnik as blackmail, but haven't figured out how that all would play out, and it might be pushed aside for until Cream's arc is resolved. 

I love the way SatAM and Archie handled power rings back in the day. They weren't just decorative, but iconic plot devices, and I'd want to reignite that idea. In doing that Sonic and Tails can tap into the rings. Tails isn't as adept at it and can be seen training the skill at times. Outside of Robotnik's inventions, they are nearly the only people that know how to do it, and this is because Sonic has seen his uncle's research notes. They might even be somewhere in that mess of a house. Yes, if given the chance I'd at least allude to Uncle Chuck! He's not around, whereabouts unknown. Maybe a plot thread to be explored in the future. I don't know I get the feeling like incorporating Chuck might be a bridge too far for some, and so I'm willing to drop this thread if I had to. 

In a broader sense I've got 3 season arcs in mind. Season one I've already established would focus on Cream as a "new" character, but another season arc would be a loose adaptation of Adventure one. I'd really like to see DBZ-ish fights with chaos, and capitalize on Knuckles as a treasure hunter. Emphasis on "loose adaptation". Maybe there is an equivalent to Angel Island in this world after all? But he'd have to discover it himself? Not saying he'd end the season having recovered the island or anything. I really don't want to just melt the OVA into the games. The goal really is to adapt the characters to the setting not the other way around, but Knuckles discovering pieces of ancestral history though treasure hunting is some good depth to mine. 

and that about sums up the closest thing I probably have going to fan fiction. ^^;

It's all inspired by the iconography of TaleSpin, and Mega Man Legends.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a very interesting question to ask.

Spoiler

Personally, I don't care if an upcoming cartoon becomes shonen-lite or "Seinfeld with superheroes" (as was the case with Sonic Boom), but lately I've been wondering what would happen if the variety show format could be used. Everyone who talks about "dream cartoons" always mentions making the most of the very large cast of the entire series, even though their ideas simultaneously use formats designed primarily for series/anime with fewer characters, to which a large portion of the scripts are usually devoted: imagine if, instead of creating a series that orbits mostly around a few characters (in the case of Sonic Boom, it was Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Sticks, and Dr. Eggman), a potential dream-cartoon-of-mine allows absolute artistic freedom for its workforce, allowing them to lash out and loudly tell the world "what they love Sonic for as a series." 

I might be tempted to draw a modest comparison to The Ren & Stimpy Show, since that cartoon and the first Sonic games were made in the early 1990s, were promoted by their creators as "a breath of rebellious freshness in the cartoon/video-game market", and prioritized the artists' ideas over those of their typically corporate superiors. So imagine if instead of a typically traditional structure, an example episode of such a cartoon consisted of several smaller ones that were entirely devoted to specific characters and their hijinks? For example: instead of thinking about how to implement particular characters into given story arcs, certain artist dept. might focus on a 7-minute cartoon entirely devoted to Sonic, Tails, and Dr. Eggman, and other dept. on one focused on Knuckles chilling on the Angel Island. You can add TV-like interludes between them that allow the audience to get a little deeper into the world-building, and even leave a few snarky remarks towards certain aspects of it.

Why has Shadow suddenly become an asshole in recent Sonic-related media? Why does Silver still remember Crisis City despite the fact that the events of Sonic '06 never happened? Self-contained cartoons are a powerful tool in the hands of talented screenwriters and cartoonists ESPECIALLY when they understand perfectly why fans love Sonic despite that surreal defragmentation of their fandom, etc.

tl;dr - my dream Sonic cartoon is a variety show where every character and/or organization gets their 5 minutes of fame... or 7 minutes, if you will.

And that would be pretty much it.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, ChaoLaChao said:

That's a very interesting question to ask.

Hide contents

Personally, I don't care if an upcoming cartoon becomes shonen-lite or "Seinfeld with superheroes" (as was the case with Sonic Boom), but lately I've been wondering what would happen if the variety show format could be used. Everyone who talks about "dream cartoons" always mentions making the most of the very large cast of the entire series, even though their ideas simultaneously use formats designed primarily for series/anime with fewer characters, to which a large portion of the scripts are usually devoted: imagine if, instead of creating a series that orbits mostly around a few characters (in the case of Sonic Boom, it was Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Sticks, and Dr. Eggman), a potential dream-cartoon-of-mine allows absolute artistic freedom for its workforce, allowing them to lash out and loudly tell the world "what they love Sonic for as a series." 

I might be tempted to draw a modest comparison to The Ren & Stimpy Show, since that cartoon and the first Sonic games were made in the early 1990s, were promoted by their creators as "a breath of rebellious freshness in the cartoon/video-game market", and prioritized the artists' ideas over those of their typically corporate superiors. So imagine if instead of a typically traditional structure, an example episode of such a cartoon consisted of several smaller ones that were entirely devoted to specific characters and their hijinks? For example: instead of thinking about how to implement particular characters into given story arcs, certain artist dept. might focus on a 7-minute cartoon entirely devoted to Sonic, Tails, and Dr. Eggman, and other dept. on one focused on Knuckles chilling on the Angel Island. You can add TV-like interludes between them that allow the audience to get a little deeper into the world-building, and even leave a few snarky remarks towards certain aspects of it.

Why has Shadow suddenly become an asshole in recent Sonic-related media? Why does Silver still remember Crisis City despite the fact that the events of Sonic '06 never happened? Self-contained cartoons are a powerful tool in the hands of talented screenwriters and cartoonists ESPECIALLY when they understand perfectly why fans love Sonic despite that surreal defragmentation of their fandom, etc.

tl;dr - my dream Sonic cartoon is a variety show where every character and/or organization gets their 5 minutes of fame... or 7 minutes, if you will.

And that would be pretty much it.

so bassicly animaniacs but with sonic?

• Thumbs Up 1

Always kinda wondered how I'd do a long running anime that adapted every main game's storyline in one cohesive timeline, starting with Sonic and Eggman's unseen first meeting. Admittedly its more fun to imagine how I'd lay out a full, engaging story for stuff like Sonic 1 tho, rather than the later stuff where you'd mostly just recreate the cutscenes lol.

38 minutes ago, OmegaSonicX said:

so bassicly animaniacs but with sonic?

...kinda? I envision it more as Sonic Shorts, but with more emphasis on plot, building relationships between characters, and a loose approach under the overall tone of the series. If some screenwriter wanted to do a uber-wacky AoStH-style cartoon, no problem, and if some other screenwriter wanted to do something deadly serious like Sonic '06, no problem either.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’d look into using puppetry as my main medium, to make it more distinct from every prior series. Story-wise? Have the story be akin to X, where the heroes are se t to another world by chance; yet it’s explained this is in fact their true homeworld, with them having been exiled from the human world long ago due to powerful chaos magic that has faded away in the years since. The Robotnik family were also victims of this exile, and Eggman was doing this to find his way back home. (Only his head is a puppet, similar to the villains in Three Musicians of Bremen). In exile, Sonic and his crew are forced to take disguise as humans/mundane animals to avoid human ire. They also have to use a Chaos Siphon to use and break this disguise act for battle against Eggman’s machines, GUN, and other threats. Arcs would include rough adaptations of various games, mostly the Dreamcast era; as well as original storylines. The puppet system is used to quickly construct extras using modular parts attached to generic bodies. Episodes would be about 22 minutes long on average. I’d shoot for Netflix again, to keep the franchise a consistent home. 

11 hours ago, Snowragnarok said:

I’d look into using puppetry as my main medium

I feel like using puppets kinda inhibits the ability to create action sequences, atleast ones I can take seriously. Unless I'm thinking of a different kind of puppet than you.

8 minutes ago, charmsb said:

I feel like using puppets kinda inhibits the ability to create action sequences, atleast ones I can take seriously. Unless I'm thinking of a different kind of puppet than you.

You should check out Thunderbolt Fantasy then. 

35 minutes ago, Cuz said:

You should check out Thunderbolt Fantasy then. 

I just did, I take it back lol. Thats some incredible puppetry. The emotionless faces kinda throw a wrench in there still but its not a big problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, charmsb said:

I just did, I take it back lol. Thats some incredible puppetry. The emotionless faces kinda throw a wrench in there still but its not a big problem.

That’s more or less what we’ll aim for with the combat and action. Soft puppetry is also used for close ups and non-action scenes, for more expression. My other idea was something heavily based on the SATAM premise and lore, coupled with elements from every other version of the series, in an effort to make a grounded prime-time series that would be in live-action. 

• Thumbs Up 1

i have some more ideas for Story Arcs after Battle Arena

Spoiler

Artificial Chaos Arc: after returning from Chu'nan, Eggman realizes he could use his grandfather's technology and research to build his schemes, this time deciding to make a controllable replica of Chaos using his grandfather's technology and thus create a fully controllable Perfect Chaos, meanwhile Nicky and a few other G.U.N agents get tasked to take a mysterious capsule from Eggman's base, and send it to G.U.N.

eventually like in SA1, the Artifical Chaos starts evolving, including artifical versions of Chaos 3 & 5, wich are never seen in any media, and turns into an artificial Perfect Chaos, wich Sonic & friends fight on Eggman's base, while the G.U.N agents try away the capsule Awakening Omega, who later helps the agents out and bonds with Rouge, at the end is revealed to be non other than Shadow, wich the G.U.N commander wants to use as a weapon.

Tone: mostly Lighthearted but Serious at the very end.

Metarex Arc: it's a loose remake of the Sonic X arc, i say loose because many events are either added, removed, changed or play out in a different order, for example, Tails meeting Cosmo happens before the first fight with Dark Oak wich happens after Sonic & friends already departed to space, Shadow gets taken by the Metarex, with the same G.U.N agents being tasked to track Shadow back by going to space. and Dark Sonic is completely toned down, with it not being an actual transformation (but rather Sonic with souless black eyes and dark aura arround him. the Space Ressistance is also reporpoused as a branch of G.U.N agents also tasked with returning the Planet Egg, not long before one of the members, Leon betraying G.U.N to serve the Metarex, while Nicky tries to convince him otherwise, ending with Molly's death. the story ends almost the same way, with Shadow falling unconscious again and Sonic rescuing him, with Sonic & friends setting Shadow free.

Thorns Arc: Tails becomes depressed after Cosmo's death with him dedicating all of his time to taking care of the seed that he got at the end of the previous Arc, this seed eventually gets stolen by Eggman at the middle of the night and "blooms", thus a new Seedrian is born, wich Eggman names "Thorns" being completely mind controlled to do Eggman's bidding, not long before being confronted by Sonic & Tails wich causes him to remember his previous life as Cosmo and betray Eggman after realizing he pollutes the enviroment, and lives on his own and struggles to get used to normal mobian society, later he attacks the president's daughter who has a hobby for carving and selling flowers, Nicky who was there to assist a reunion with his father and many G.U.N agents saves her with him hiding nowhere to be seen, clamouring revenge

days later a new fair opens, the yearly Carnival Night fair, with the president's daughter and Nicky meeting again, and Sonic being dragged to it by Tails, Amy and Cream who want to go, while Sarah wants to do sell specially raised flowers at the fair with Nicky, but someone steals the power source and kidnapps Sarah, Sonic of course goes to invastigate alongside Tails and Nicky, not long before finding out that Sarah and Nicky were taken by Thorns who reveals he learned Shuchu, with his Chaos Force allowing him to turn into his rover mode without wasting life essence and Chaos Ability being creating illusions, and challenges Sonic to a fight, ending with the two fighting before Tails convinces him to leave them alone. at the end Thorns and Sarah start to bond and Sarah forgives him, ending with the president adopting Thorns and Tails moving on.

Tone: Serious

Black Arms Arc: Another reimagining this time of Shadow the Hedgehog's plot, three major changes being that Team Dark is working together instead of just Shadow, the addition of a subplot involving Nicky confronting his dad and leaving G.U.N and the focus being on Sonic & friends and what they do during the Game's events, including Thorn wants to take out the Black Arms himself after remembering they were the ones who started conflict with the Metarex, Shadow's route in the story being Neutral, to Dark, to Hero, to Dark and in the final story, to Hero again.

Blaze Arc: just a faitfull adaptation of Sonic Rush none of the Anime original characters do anything of note, it does tease Iblis and Mephiles near the very end after Eggman gets stuck in the Sol dimention, this is also were Sonic develops the boost technique

Tone: Lighthearted.

Flames of Disaster Arc: a huge reimagining of Sonic 06, this time Soleanna is Blaze's kingdom from another dimention, Eggman realeases Mephiles as an attempt to take over the Sol Dimention, afterall he was stuck there, but Mephiles instantly rebels and teleports the entire Kingdom to Mobius, Sonic & friends decide to invastigate with G.U.N sending Nicky, Rouge and Omega, Shadow also goes to investigate himself not long before finding Nicky, Rouge and Omega, Mephiles goes all out to Kill Blaze, who's looking for the Sol Emeralds to return home, Silver this time lives in the future alone and Mephiles tricks Silver for the promise of a better future by trying to killing Blaze and getting the Chaos Emeralds.

eventually Sonic & friends infiltrate Eggman's base after Amy gets kidnapped by Metal Sonic, they bump into Shadow and Team Dark Rouge, Omega and Nicky), who are trying to get information, not long before getting caught by Eggman and sent to the future, meanwhile Silver meets Blaze and they fight for a bit before Blaze calls out Mephiles' lies, and stops Blaze from unleashing Iblis, who here is unleashed by any negative emotion, not just sadness, at the end Everyone eventually reunites in Soleanna not long before finding Mephiles who hield Amy hostage, and asks for the 7 Emeralds and Blaze in return, stealing the Egg Carrier, eventually everyone goes to the Egg Carrier Blaze's past gets revealed, Mephiles plays mind games with Shadow, and Sonic rescues Amy before the Egg Carrier crashes. and Mephiles hides.

at the end almost everything seems back to normal with everyone trying to bring Soleanna back to the Sol dimention with the Sol Emeralds, not long before in a final attempt to kill Blaze, Mephiles accidentally kills Sonic instead, making Blaze very angry and sad, unleashing Iblis, Mephiles and Iblis merge into Solaris and everyone scatters to find the Chaos Emeralds, reviving Sonic, who alongside Burning Blaze and Super Silver, defeat Solaris and bring Blaze and Soleanna back to the Sol Dimention...

yeah this was heavily inspired by Garrolous64's rewritte, sorry.

9 hours ago, OmegaSonicX said:

i have some more ideas for Story Arcs after Battle Arena

Reveal hidden contents

Artificial Chaos Arc: after returning from Chu'nan, Eggman realizes he could use his grandfather's technology and research to build his schemes, this time deciding to make a controllable replica of Chaos using his grandfather's technology and thus create a fully controllable Perfect Chaos, meanwhile Nicky and a few other G.U.N agents get tasked to take a mysterious capsule from Eggman's base, and send it to G.U.N.

eventually like in SA1, the Artifical Chaos starts evolving, including artifical versions of Chaos 3 & 5, wich are never seen in any media, and turns into an artificial Perfect Chaos, wich Sonic & friends fight on Eggman's base, while the G.U.N agents try away the capsule Awakening Omega, who later helps the agents out and bonds with Rouge, at the end is revealed to be non other than Shadow, wich the G.U.N commander wants to use as a weapon.

Tone: mostly Lighthearted but Serious at the very end.

Metarex Arc: it's a loose remake of the Sonic X arc, i say loose because many events are either added, removed, changed or play out in a different order, for example, Tails meeting Cosmo happens before the first fight with Dark Oak wich happens after Sonic & friends already departed to space, Shadow gets taken by the Metarex, with the same G.U.N agents being tasked to track Shadow back by going to space. and Dark Sonic is completely toned down, with it not being an actual transformation (but rather Sonic with souless black eyes and dark aura arround him. the Space Ressistance is also reporpoused as a branch of G.U.N agents also tasked with returning the Planet Egg, not long before one of the members, Leon betraying G.U.N to serve the Metarex, while Nicky tries to convince him otherwise, ending with Molly's death. the story ends almost the same way, with Shadow falling unconscious again and Sonic rescuing him, with Sonic & friends setting Shadow free.

Thorns Arc: Tails becomes depressed after Cosmo's death with him dedicating all of his time to taking care of the seed that he got at the end of the previous Arc, this seed eventually gets stolen by Eggman at the middle of the night and "blooms", thus a new Seedrian is born, wich Eggman names "Thorns" being completely mind controlled to do Eggman's bidding, not long before being confronted by Sonic & Tails wich causes him to remember his previous life as Cosmo and betray Eggman after realizing he pollutes the enviroment, and lives on his own and struggles to get used to normal mobian society, later he attacks the president's daughter who has a hobby for carving and selling flowers, Nicky who was there to assist a reunion with his father and many G.U.N agents saves her with him hiding nowhere to be seen, clamouring revenge

days later a new fair opens, the yearly Carnival Night fair, with the president's daughter and Nicky meeting again, and Sonic being dragged to it by Tails, Amy and Cream who want to go, while Sarah wants to do sell specially raised flowers at the fair with Nicky, but someone steals the power source and kidnapps Sarah, Sonic of course goes to invastigate alongside Tails and Nicky, not long before finding out that Sarah and Nicky were taken by Thorns who reveals he learned Shuchu, with his Chaos Force allowing him to turn into his rover mode without wasting life essence and Chaos Ability being creating illusions, and challenges Sonic to a mind game, wich he cleverly finds his way out, ending with the two fighting before Tails convinces him to leave them alone. at the end Thorns and Sarah start to bond and Sarah forgives him, ending with the president adopting Thorns and Tails moving on.

Tone: Serious but not Dark either.

Black Arms Arc: Another reimagining this time of Shadow the Hedgehog's plot, three major changes being that Team Dark is working together instead of just Shadow, the addition of a subplot involving Nicky confronting his dad and leaving G.U.N and the focus being on Sonic & friends and what they do during the Game's events, including Thorn wants to take out the Black Arms himself after remembering they were the ones who started conflict with the Metarex, Shadow's route in the story being Neutral, to Dark, to Hero, to Dark and in the final story, to Hero again.

Blaze Arc: just a faitfull adaptation of Sonic Rush none of the Anime original characters do anything of note, it does tease Iblis and Mephiles near the very end after Eggman gets stuck in the Sol dimention.

Tone: Lighthearted.

Flames of Disaster Arc: a huge reimagining of Sonic 06, this time Soleanna is Blaze's kingdom from another dimention, Eggman realeases Mephiles as an attempt to take over the Sol Dimention, afterall he was stuck there, but Mephiles instantly rebels and teleports the entire Kingdom to Mobius, Sonic & friends decide to invastigate with G.U.N sending Nicky, Rouge and Omega, Shadow also goes to investigate himself not long before finding Nicky, Rouge and Omega, Mephiles goes all out to Kill Blaze, who's looking for the Sol Emeralds to return home, Silver this time lives in the future alone and Mephiles tricks Silver for the promise of a better future by trying to killing Blaze and getting the Chaos Emeralds.

eventually Sonic & friends infiltrate Eggman's base after Amy gets kidnapped by Metal Sonic, they bump into Shadow and Team Dark Rouge, Omega and Nicky), who are trying to get information, not long before getting caught by Eggman and sent to the future, meanwhile Silver meets Blaze and they fight for a bit before Blaze calls out Mephiles' lies, and stops Blaze from unleashing Iblis, who here is unleashed by any negative emotion, not just sadness, at the end Everyone eventually reunites in Soleanna not long before finding Mephiles who hield Amy hostage, and asks for the 7 Emeralds and Blaze in return, stealing the Egg Carrier, eventually everyone goes to the Egg Carrier Blaze's past gets revealed, Mephiles plays mind games with Shadow, and Sonic rescues Amy before the Egg Carrier crashes. and Mephiles hides.

at the end almost everything seems back to normal with everyone trying to bring Soleanna back to the Sol dimention with the Sol Emeralds, not long before in a final attempt to kill Blaze, Mephiles accidentally kills Sonic instead, making Blaze very angry and sad, unleashing Iblis, Mephiles and Iblis merge into Solaris and everyone scatters to find the Chaos Emeralds, reviving Sonic, who alongside Burning Blaze and Super Silver, defeat Solaris and bring Blaze and Soleanna back to the Sol Dimention...

yeah this was heavily inspired by Garrolous64's rewritte, sorry.

I feel like an arc based on Archie material could be cool, even if just used to fill the gaps with the Shattered World Crisis. 

2 hours ago, Snowragnarok said:

I feel like an arc based on Archie material could be cool, even if just used to fill the gaps with the Shattered World Crisis. 

Battle Arena pulled stuff from archie too... also planning to pull stuff from IDW.