Awoo.

Sonic Musical Spectacular 2021 - Celebrating Sonic's 30th Anniversary in rockin' style! - Fin - See Finale Post!

Ryannumber1gamer

I was told I can still submit so here are my request 

1. Sonic X- Sonic Drive

2. Sonic 3D Blast(Saturn)- Special Stage

3. Mario & Sonic 2016- Boss Theme Ver.1 (NSMBW)

4. Smash Ultimate- Ramen Bowl

Wild Card

Sonic Forces- Green Hill Modernized Classic version

Remix 

Sonic Advance 2- Music Plant Classic

• Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I was told I can still submit so here are my request 

As I said before - due to the delay on the stream on the part of Motobug staff, I'm basically allowing some leeway for latecomer requests. I'll be giving up until Tuesday to allow latecomer requests, however the list will be fully locked down then as the final work on the streams commence from then on.

So if you've yet to get your requests in, be sure to do so before Tuesday.

That said - the list is updated.

Another announcement - unfortunately I have to announce another delay until next week at August 7th, and August 8th, retrospectively. Again, last minute vacation plans snuck up on one of the Motobug members who handles our video production. In the interest of ensuring the stream is made to the best it can be, and ensuring no crunching on the video, I’ve taken the decision to delay the stream until next week.

Progress on the videos themselves are moving smoothly thus far, so we should be absolutely set to go next week. Again, I’m very sorry for the double delay.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright everyone, that's going to do it for this submissions thread. Please look towards Ryan's status updates for any other announcements.

Hope to see you all at the stream!

• Thumbs Up 3

• The topic was locked
  • This topic was unpinned and unlocked

@Ryannumber1gamer @Polkadi~☆ Thank you guys for doing this on a yearly basis. You guys work really hard for this every year, through difficulties and everything. I had fun, as always. I always love celebrating the Sonic music of the past and present, official and fan made. Speaking of which, thank you for playing my newest tracks! It means a lot to have so much support from everyone.

I've been coming to these since I think the second one? Can't remember if I was a part of the first one or not, but it gets more fun every year.

Here's to requesting some of the more hidden tracks next year XD

• Thumbs Up 1

This was my third one and I feel like it was my most fun one yet. I honestly don't have any critiques like I did last year. The wild card idea was a success and perfect for someone like me who could only get one remix for Sonic Underground!

From here on in, I'm only picking stuff that's never been chosen so I look forward to having even more fun next time.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 2

Unfortunately had to miss most of the event, had other things going on, but it seems all the hiccups between day 1, and 2 worked out in my favor. xD Though missing as much as I did means I won't remember this years as well as the last one. I could go back and listen to the archived videos it can't beat reading the live chat.

All the same, well done on another musical event!

• Thumbs Up 1

Not my yearly conclusion post yet - that'll be in a few days, but as requested - here's the poster @blueblur98 made for this year's event!

Pics-Art-07-01-01-47-08.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

This was my first time going to the stream, and I had a really good time. No real technical issues. But, You're still a cheater though, Mr high spec robot go.  :)

What can I say, I always have a blast at these things. The staff always put so much effort into the presentation and even with some niggles here and there (City Escape times 2 and Sonic Mania became Sonic Forces) it was a fun experience. Thanks to Master Editor Polk and Senpai Ryan for the great night. Oh, that High Spec Robo didn't count you sneaky fella.

spacer.png

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 3

I have to say that this musical event went spectacularly. Save for the part where Escape From The City Symphony got snubbed. :P

Overall, we had a marvelous time with fantastic variety! Looking forward to next year's of course!

• Thumbs Up 2

Alrighty, it's been a few days since the event finished up it's second day, so I think it's time to wrap things up! First up are the random stats for the year:

• 30 people submitted requests this year!
  • Around 25 people came to the event and listened to the community playlist!
  • The run time of the event came in at just about 9 hours
  • Persona 5 and Yakuza were tied as the popular SEGA General choices this year
  • Sonic Colours/Colours Ultimate was a stand-out this year!
  • The 30th Anniversary Symphony made a huge boom on the event, making it the most popular remix source with 6 songs requested from it alone!
  • Colours, Unleashed, Adventures 1 and 2, 06, Mania, and Forces were tied as the most popular lists!
  • Most popular overall again this year was SEGA General with 11 songs!

Now that the stats of the event are out there (You can also read more from @Dr. Detective Mike's post about the most popular songs!), that draws this year's event out to a close. It's - frankly - hard to believe that this is the sixth year running of the event. It doesn't feel that long ago when the event was just a spur of the moment playlist of my own personal favourite choices from each game, before eventually growing into this big, community-wide event that many people seem genuinely excited for each and every year. I am so pleasantly surprised that Musical Spectacular has managed to grow so much from this random thing to a big event with many people working together to pull it together, and the community working together to make a playlist of their favourite songs from the series. From the bottom of my heart, I really do thank each and every person who comes together to make this event a reality. 

As usual, this event wouldn't have been possible without the backing of the other Motobug staff members. From artwork by @DanJ86 @Spin Attaxx, and @Polkadi~☆, to the video making by @Polkadi~☆, and the brainstorming of ideas and improvements from other members such as @Forte-Metallix, and, I say it every year, but I wanna say it again - this is, and never has been a one man job ever since Musical Spectacular grew into a proper event, and the entire Motobug team deserves credit for all of the contributions, help, and sheer hard work they place in to make the event as great as it is ever year. This event would absolutely not be possible without them, so please give them a big round of applause for the hard work they put into getting this event off the ground. I also wanna give another huge thanks to @Strickerx5 who helped me with the organisation of the event, as with past years, and @Chris for approving the event for another year running. Once again, the event wouldn't be possible without their efforts, and I can't thank them enough for it.

Of course, while you're doing that, you should all be giving yourselves a pat on the back as well. I say it every year, but Musical Spectacular is, and always has been a huge community effort. From the Motobug staff, to the members who submit songs and participate in the event, and even the members who simply come to the stream to have some fun and listen to the best songs this franchise has to offer. It's you guys who make the event worth holding each and every year, and it's you guys who make the event as great, and as much fun as it is. This would not be possible without the SSMB community coming together to take part, and I cannot thank everyone who did so - both this year, and in past years - enough for it. To see that people enjoy it enough to even make yearly posters like @blueblur98, it really makes me happy that some people enjoy the event that much.

And of course, I'd like to give a thank you to the Sonic series in general. A series that through all of it's ups and it's downs, still have given a community something so great to enjoy together. It's incredible, truly incredible how so many members of this community come together to spend time just chilling out, listening to the best bangers this series has to offer, and having fun together. For as many pitfalls as Sonic goes through, the fact that this series has given us something this special to enjoy together is something that really should be commended. The Sonic 30th Anniversary Symphony in particular really showcased that to me, with so many Sonic fans getting beyond hyped for the songs being shown off there, and especially with how many got requested this year right after. The event couldn't be possible at all with our blue speedy boy, and for thirty years of rocking music, and bringing a community together like this, that's something to be thankful for. Keep running on for more years to come, my dude. 

With that, that really does draw the curtain down on this year's event. I'm happy to see all of the positive feedback that we've received this year, and while there's no particular changes that's been recommended, Motobug will still endeavour to see if there's anything we can improve for next year. 

So, until next year's Musical Spectacular, keep rocking on, SSMB. And here's to many more years to our favourite blue hedgehog, and the rest of his friends and enemies, til next time.

tumblr_p80bdif4Bm1s9pusko1_640.gif

PS: Hi Spec Robo Go! counted, goodnight Tri-State Area

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

...ssoo, I already broke the status update system while doing this, so why not post it in here as well now that Strickerx5 was incredibly cool and reopened it! 😅

It was pretty cool as always (good music and cool people what can I say other than the only problem was I ate too much chocolate on the 1st night probably, at least my stomach protested and even made the gastrointestinal system to come along 😅 ), even though YouTube tried its hardest to prevent us from having the Spectacular, almost like they were having some sort of mission going on to stop us. 😆 I think for the future, for making it easier to get more render and loading time, maybe close the requests a bit earlier for next Spectacular than before so that there's more time to get it together and less possibilities to delays on that end (of course there're other reasons for delays but that'd help for that, maybe)? The wild card request was a cool idea that worked in practice pretty well I'd say.

Also I'm happy I wasn't the only one requesting Yakuza tracks this year. 😁 We're clearly on a world dominating spree. 🤣

Also I can now add to the same feedback how it seems the limitations on General balanced the category out pretty nicely, which in my opinion was cool. Saves more Persona 5 songs for the Spectaculars yet to come. 😆

But seriously, it's almost like YouTube holds us a grudge or something...

But yeah, kool friends and cool music and stuff being epic as always, I had fun and I hope I didn't ruin anybody else's fun. 😅

Also cool of you to play Yakuza 0 Polkadi, and adding that sad as heck divorce song on the list. 👍

Now the rest of you old enough, go play it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• The title was changed to Sonic Musical Spectacular 2021 - Celebrating Sonic's 30th Anniversary in rockin' style! - Fin - See Finale Post!