Awoo.

Super Sonic Songs

Indigo Rush

Hey I liked their version of His World better than that emo Zebrahead band. They sound like a prepubescent Linkin Park. Ugh. At least the Crush 40 version has balls.

This CD is gonna rule. L&L desperately needed to be remastered.

First off, both Crush 40 and Zebraheads' versions of His World are much better than the original. Lincoln Park wasn't an emo band UNTIL they stopped making nu-rock/rap metal music, which is what Zebrahead's "His World" version is. Also, comparing the relative worth of songs based on their "balls" is the most laughably stupid concept I've ever heard of.

Has this CD been released yet? It feels like I've been waiting all year since I heard about it... earlier today.

I've never been able to take nu-rock, emo or nu-metal seriously since they all are terrible excuses of music. =P

But anyways, Crush 40? One or two original songs (that relate to Sonic) for a change? Sounds great. Ready to hear what "Fire Woman" sounds like...

EDIT: mods delete this...

However, Legendary Emerald, you have no place calling me stupid. I scored higher on the SAT and ACT than you did.

Edited by STK

EDIT: mods delete this...

However, Legendary Emerald, you have no place calling me stupid. I scored higher on the SAT and ACT than you did.

This made me lol. For all I know, you did score higher than me. Well, at least on math; I suck at that stuff. Great with reading though.

What's really funny is that I didn't even call you stupid. I said it was a "stupid concept", and you cannot even try to deny that it isn't. You said it as a joke, and I commented on it as one.

I wonder what your original message said, considering all I was doing was proving that comparing Zebrahead to Linkin Park and calling both emo music is a fallacy (though to be honest, I haven't heard anything from Zebrahead since their first cd).

Also, Azukara... sure is opinion in here! But you like C40, so I forgive you.

And finally, Phos... I laughed so hard at that video! I'm not a fan of linkin park, but they have a handful of songs of of their first and second albums that I enjoy. Zebrahead ONLY has His World though; I couldn't stand any of their other songs. Best nu-rock band was classic Powerman 5000, from their "Mega! Kung Fu Radio" days.

Edited by Legendary Emerald

Aww, no Endless possibility cover?

*everyone stares*

What...I think it could've been kinda cool. ._.

Anyway, I really wanna see how they handle Ungravitify, His World, and Knight of the wind in this, should be great.

Edited by Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 3

C40 doing Endless Possibility would rule. Hell, them doing any song would rule because of Johnny's vocals!

OK Legendary Emerald, I concede. Sorry I pissed you off.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I'll admit, if there was one song I was expecting them to cover next it would have been "Endless Possibility". It just seems more in their neighborhood of style than Un-gravitify.

As for Linkin Park, they're the kind of group who'll I'll listen to, but I probably wouldn't spend money on. And it's moreso due to their annoying fanbase then their music or themselves. But with that said, "What I've Done" is one of the worst songs ever.

Edited by Snatcher2047

A Crush 40 version of Endless Possibilities would be kind of cool. I expect it to happend someday.

And I know I'm going to get some weird stares for this, but am I the only one who whishes for a crush 40 version of "Sonic Boom"?

Edited by Viku

And I know I'm going to get some weird stares for this, but I'm the only one who whishes for a crush 40 version of "Sonic Boom"?

I think that...could work, if it was changed enough to work as a rock song, but not changed too much, so we could still recognize it.

• Thumbs Up 1

STK: You didn't piss me off; if anything, I became worried that I'd pissed YOU off. Takes a lot to tick me off, trust me.

Snatcher: Everyone expected Endless Possibilities! With such fan demand, I'm sure it'll get done some day. I don't quite see the appeal though; the original song is fine in it's own right, and if Crush 40 were to remake, they might as well write a completely different song because of how different it would be from the original. That said, I'm sure they could do a good job... and Johnny's vocals would automatically make it a better song.

Oh, and I hate "What I've Done" as well. From their third album, which explains it very well. I was once told that the difference between a Linkin Park fan and a Nu-metal fan is that Linkin Park fans like the third album. So I could never be called a fan of the band, only their original genre.

Viku: YES! I have been wishing for a C40 version of "Sonic Boom" FOREVER, and have even mentioned the idea multiple times here on this forum. While I'd like the band to concentrate on new material, a few other songs I'd like to one day see covered by them are "This Machine", "Waking Up", and "Worth A Chance".

Ferno: "Sonic Boom" is a rock song, it just has pop elements as well. If Crush 40 were to combine the two versions of the song (fast and slow) into one track, they would have plenty of room and time to rock out. Hell, the slow version of the song already has a great guitar solo; imagine what Jun could do!

Edited by Legendary Emerald

I gotta disagree with "Worth a Chance". I have never heard Crush 40 making THAT kind of slow songs (the slowest sonic theme that they made that I can think of is Live Life and still was faster and more energetic than SATSR's ending theme). And I think a faster version of the theme would sound kind of bad.

But I gotta agree that a Crush 40 ver. of "Waking Up" would be absolutly badass.

Hey, Crush 40 NEEDS an acoustic track, and I think they could make a good one out of "Worth A Chance". Besides, Johnny's voice is perfect for songs of the type. Ever heard the acoustic version of "Only A Night", from his band Hardline?

Only A Night (acoustic) - Hardline

Hey, Crush 40 NEEDS an acoustic track, and I think they could make a good one out of "Worth A Chance". Besides, Johnny's voice is perfect for songs of the type. Ever heard the acoustic version of "Only A Night", from his band Hardline?

Only A Night (acoustic) - Hardline

I stand corrected. If they can make a version that sounds like that song you just linked, it would be awesome!

Aww, no Endless possibility cover?

*everyone stares*

What...I think it could've been kinda cool. ._.

Anyway, I really wanna see how they handle Ungravitify, His World, and Knight of the wind in this, should be great.

If anyone's going to cover Endless Possibility, it needs to be Takenobu Mitsuyoshi. That, or Masaki Endoh.

Until we find out for sure, the possibility of Fire Woman being a cover of a song by The Cult is very likely. This brings up a question not yet asked: what non-sonic songs would you like Crush 40 to cover?

I for one would like to see them try to take on Iron Maiden. "Two Minutes to Midnight" anyone?

HOLAS:

I will get this somehow because I need to know what are they going to do with Un-Gravity o.o

and also...

But I gotta agree that a Crush 40 ver. of "Waking Up" would be absolutly badass.

THIS!... for great justice...

Oh I am most definitely getting this - I can't wait to hear the new mixes!

cause_of_chaos

High-res versions of all three upcoming album covers:

c40best-sss.jpg

truecolors-bestofsonic2.jpg

theworks.jpg

Thanks to the ever-reliable manaita on devintArt for finding these. Loving that True Colors album cover.

Crush 40 = Amazing; love the whole steel look of it, and the fact that there isn't a hedgehog near it.

The Works = Pretty boring, but wins a few points for being my favorite color. Font looks badass, but the photo is a bit low quality if you ask me.

True Colors = *copied from True Color topic* Alright, now seriously... I want someone to agree with me that this is a horrible cover! The only reason True Blue worked was that it had all of the previous album covers in the background... not to mention that it wasn't eye-blindingly colorful. This looks like something Cream drew in crayon and then handed off to some graphic arts students.

And like I already said, it COMPLETELY misrepresents what is inside. Hell, the only thing that even hints at the fact that the other characters' themes are included is the color coded squares. I suppose it is too late by now to hope that this picture is a hoax?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Hell, the only thing that even hints at the fact that the other characters' themes are included is the color coded squares.

That hint equates to a pretty hard knock on the old noggin. I am no expert but it only took me about a second to realize that the extra squares represented the "other characters". No track list necessary. The box gets that point across rather blatantly.

What do you want them to do, spell it out for you?

That and it's very similar to TRUE BLUE's album cover, so it comes across as a sequel more.