Awoo.

Super Sonic Songs

Indigo Rush

That hint equates to a pretty hard knock on the old noggin. I am no expert but it only took me about a second to realize that the extra squares represented the "other characters". No track list necessary. The box gets that point across rather blatantly. And as I said before, the damn thing is far too colorful for my tastes.

What do you want them to do, spell it out for you?

Excuse me? You mean spelling out what you'd be getting on the CD isn't normal? Yes, I want it to be spelled out. Not because it isn't easy to figure out what the squares mean, but because it is a gross misrepresentation of what the tracks are. I doubt very much a single track will be a Sonic theme, so why does he take up over half of the cover? This was cover was poorly designed, and I think I'm the only one here who gets that.

And I didn't even mention a track list, because that always looks bad on an album cover. Where did you pull that from?

An awful picture with every characters? That wouldn't work.

This one is excellent, that's all.

A cover with a pic of each character on the cd would only end up a clusterfuck, I think we can all agree on that. But what's wrong with having two or three characters that actually have their themes songs on the CD? If everyone is in love with the square idea, you could have a True Colors logo in the middle, with the colored squares around the perifory of the cover, possibly even with the characters' faces in them. That's one way it could work.

Because you say the cover is excellent doesn't make it so. That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. However, I am downright appalled that I am the only person here who realizes the blatant mistake that has been made (imo).

But whatever; discussing this is pointless in the first place.

Edited by Legendary Emerald

Well, if you are the only one (for now) having problems with this cover, maybe it's because it's not the cover's fault?...

Does this one tells "hey there are songs fro Shadow, ggman, Rouge, etc"?

91352248.jpg

No. But nobody complains.

Well, if you are the only one (for now) having problems with this cover, maybe it's because it's not the cover's fault?...

Does this one tells "hey there are songs fro Shadow, ggman, Rouge, etc"?

91352248.jpg

No. But nobody complains.

In short, yes. "SA2 Vocal Collection". If anyone had ever played the game, they'd know that more characters than just Sonic have theme songs. "The Best of Sonic the Hedgehog" is not the same, considering the previous CD said the same thing... and it would be implied to someone that Sonic is still the focus of the CD. But it seems everyone here is missing the point...

It's not that I think Sonic fans are too stupid to know that the cd will have theme songs from characters besides Sonic, it's that the art is a gross misrepresentation. Even if your fanbase knows what it is, you should still make the effort to construct a cover that is relevant. Slapping a CGI image of Sonic with some colored squares doesn't do enough to convey the image, even if we all know what it is because we've been talking about it on forums for months. The way I see it, this cover is false advertising.

Oh, and another advantage that SA2 Vocal cd has over this cover... it's not bright as sunlight, and there is actual artwork instead of overused CGI. But that is purely opinionated on my part.

Album cover art is serious business.

Since you know, that's more important than what's actually on the CD.

• Thumbs Up 1

Excuse me? You mean spelling out what you'd be getting on the CD isn't normal? Yes, I want it to be spelled out. Not because it isn't easy to figure out what the squares mean, but because it is a gross misrepresentation of what the tracks are. I doubt very much a single track will be a Sonic theme, so why does he take up over half of the cover? This was cover was poorly designed, and I think I'm the only one here who gets that.

And I didn't even mention a track list, because that always looks bad on an album cover. Where did you pull that from?

Spell it out = Track list on cover. And I agree that it would be a bad idea.

Still, pardon me if my color is confused. You seem to dislike the cover for the simple fact that it markets Sonic to a disproportionate amount. (which technically is an incorrect mindset seeing as how its his series). Gross misrepresentation is a bit overdramatic seeing as how

-sonic himself is the selling point

-its not like the others arn't on there anyway

You seem to complaining that the b-listers aren't on par with the A-listers. That would be like Dannon or Sprite wanting more representation under the Coca-Cola company banner.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, isn't "Sonic the Hedgehog" also the name of the franchise? Well, having "the best of Sonic the Hedgehog" is logical then.

Hmm... that looks interesting... Let's see if I can name all the colors represented.

Tails (Yellow) - Believe in Myself (probably SA1 version)

Dr. Eggman (Orange) - E.G.G.M.A.N. (SA2): Orange being Eggman is a bit questionable, but I think that Knuckles would have a darker color, and it kinda makes sense having him on top.

Big (Purple) - Lazy Days ~Livin' in Paradise (SA): Blaze doesn't have a theme that we know of, so the other purple color is probably Big.

Knuckles (Red) - Unknown From M.E. (SA)

Shadow (Black) - Throw it all Away (SA2)

Silver (Cyan) - Dreams of an Absolution (Sonic '06)

Rouge (Violet) - Fly in the Freedom (SA2): Once again, Blaze doesn't have a theme song, so this is probably Rouge.

Amy (Pink) - My Sweet Passion (SA): Weird that Amy is way on the bottom, but pink is obviously hers.

??? (Maroon) - ???: I really have no idea about this one... unless its Gamma, maybe? He does technically have his own theme, but without vocals...

I also think that we'll also see "Team Chaotix" and "Catch Me If You Can" popping up in this album, too.

and there is actual artwork instead of overused CGI.

I personally love that shot of SONIC. I looks like he's about to go all Bruce Lee on someone.

I personally love that shot of SONIC. I looks like he's about to go all Bruce Lee on someone.

... which is totally what Sonic is known for, using kung fu moves and fighting with his fists (Darkspines not withstanding). But now I'm just being picky. :P

UGH! I wish Crush 40 could do an actual photo shoot for the album. This cover is pretty good though. I will find this and buy it EVEN IF it's just for Un-Gravitify. I also wonder how "Fire Woman" and "Is It You?" are gonna sound.

"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

New info from Jun himself!

Jun Senoue Fansite

" I re-recorded rhythm guitars on “Knight Of The Wind” since I didn’t like the ones on its long version.

I also wanted to replace my guitar on “Live Life” but I didn’t have enough time to track & mix that song in the studio.

“Fire Woman” is a cover song. Original one was performed by The Cult and it appeared on the album called “Sonic Temple”.

“Is It You” is a brand new song, we did this song last month, Sep.2009. "

I'm so glad it did turn out to be a cover of the Cult song; original track is so amazing, I can't wait to see what Crush 40 does with it. I am expecting something much closer to their old Sonic Adventure 1 style for that song.

Fire Woman - The Cult

Also very excited to hear that the rhythm guitar on "Knight of the Wind" has been completely overhauled; I know I'm not the only one who thought less of the song for because of it's sloppy mastering.

...And I just noticed how one could misread that last sentence. :lol:

Well poo. Here I thought we'd be hearing Blaze's theme. Oh well, I'm sure it'll turn out great either way.

Now that Jun says it, KOTW was a really bad song mastering-wise.

I kept waiting for people other than me to notice that. Now that Jun admits it, the fans seem to be more willing about stating it as well, it seems.

Oh, and while we are on the subject of improving Crush 40 songs... who else thinks "I Am... All of Me" needs a new guitar solo after before the "I am I am everyone and everything..." section of the song? What about changing some more of the lyrics in the second verse? "I Am.." is one of my favorite C40 songs, but it has room for improvement in my eyes.

As much as I love KOTW, I always felt it was one of the more under-worked songs in the Crush 40 lineup, so it will be interesting to see what Jun can do with it now that he's had some more time to tinker with it.

Listened to it. Loved it. Ungravitify sounds brilliant, and yet I expected it to sound likethe voice acting in Klonoa Wii (that means bad).

Wow, "His World" sounds much more clearer this time. 'Cause in the original mastering, you can barely hear Johnny's vocals with all the loud blaring instruments and crap...

The rest of the preview sounds great, too!

Yeah, I think it turned out about as well as it could have. I think I'll ultimately prefer the original, but it's not bad.

The backing vocals seem to be much clearer on What I'm Made Of, as well.

OMG Un-gravitify is awesome sounding. And you can really hear the difference in the new version of KOTW. The new tracks are also very good sounding. Can't wait for this one. :D

There isn't anything in this preview I don't like! But the two songs I can't wait to hear all of are Un-gravitify and Is It You.

Holy crap.

Jun nailed the guitar parts in 'Fire Woman'. I think this will be my new favorite track followed by 'Un-gravifity' then 'Is It You'.

KOTW is sounding better as well.