Awoo.

Super Sonic Songs

Indigo Rush

*copied and pasted from my post on the Jun Senoue forum*

Holy shit! Just got done listening to the preview, and my mind has been officially blown.

"Un-gravitify" sounds great so far; I was expecting something really dark and heavy like their "With Me" cover, but instead they kept the same basic melody. I think it was the right choice. I never cared for the original singer of the song, so Johnny taking over vocals is an instant win.

"Fire Woman" is my favorite track, if only for Johnny's singing. I get chills just listening to it; it is quite similar to the original track, but also redone in a way that sounds completely Crush 40.

"Is It You" is looking to be an amazing ballad, and I get a very Hardline feeling from it (though already I think it blows a few of the tracks on "Leaving the End Open" out of the water). Once again, it's Johnny's voice that makes the song.

Oh, almost forgot to mention the remastered songs. "Knight of the Wind" sounds at least 100 times better now with the vastly improved rhythm guitar. "Open Your Heart" sounds really fresh now that a second drum track has been added to it (much in the same way extra drums were added to "Live and Learn"). I didn't notice much of a difference on "His World" or "I Am..." though, but then again they only had very short previews.

I cannot wait for this CD another minute; who wants to help me convert this here Port-O-John into a time machine?

• Thumbs Up 1

I listened to the preview. My heart stopped at Un-Gravitify. Half my brains were splattered all over the wall at Fire Woman. My face melted at Is It You.

Whoa. Just... fucking whoa. That was ROCKAWESOME!!!! (To quote John Romero of ID Software)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm listening to the preview for the third time. It's that awesome. I agree with everyone who said the cover of Un-Gravitify was awesome. I'd ask for it for Christmas if I figured my chances of getting it were good. I want to hear them do a cover of The Touch by Stan Bush for Transformers 3. :)

I'm listening to the preview for the third time. It's that awesome. I agree with everyone who said the cover of Un-Gravitify was awesome. I'd ask for it for Christmas if I figured my chances of getting it were good. I want to hear them do a cover of The Touch by Stan Bush for Transformers 3. :)

Holy shit, get out of my head! I was listening to Till All Are One (the original version) by Stan Bush when I read this comment, and it is still playing as I type this.

• Thumbs Up 1

so, the cd is out now...

is anyone gonna provide a rip or what? i've been looking for the past 3 days :(

Buy it.

Jun is still selling copies; the second batch of 50 still has a few left if you hurry.

• Thumbs Up 1

Buy it.

Jun is still selling copies; the second batch of 50 still has a few left if you hurry.

You sure are one cold motherfucker you know that and its because that you said the word Buy it . But you know what this is something You Illegal music download haters are to stupid to realize not everyone can afford it like you arrogant stuck up people like you

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 11

Buy it.

i would be buying it, yet college is incredibly expensive for me and my sister, plus, i start medical school next year. basically, money's tight.

i ask for the rip because people usually put rips of these cds up. i think i remember snatcher or someone else putting up rips.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

You sure are one cold motherfucker you know that and its because that you said the word Buy it . But you know what this is something You Illegal music download haters are to stupid to realize not everyone can afford it like you arrogant stuck up people like you

I have a great idea, and that's to lay off the flaming. Stop acting like a douche.

...Did you register on this board just to post that? Jeez.

i would be buying it, yet college is incredibly expensive for me and my sister, plus, i start medical school next year. basically, money's tight.

i ask for the rip because people usually put rips of these cds up. i think i remember snatcher or someone else putting up rips.

I would kindly like to ask members of this forum to not publicly ask for these kinds of things. If you can't buy the product, then please search for it elsewhere outside of this message board.

Further posts asking for a CD rip will be deleted.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This is now my signature; most unintentionally hilarious thing I've read in a long time. It made my day. Thank you, Lysol.

I actually don't have anything against illegal music downloaders. Hell, I download CDs and soundtracks all the time. But as of now, the easiest and ONLY way to get the CD is to buy it. Many of the people buying it are members of Juns forum (like myself) and many of them won't feel like ripping a CD that THEY bought and payed for, just so people they don't know can listen to it. To be sure, it will makes it's way onto the net sooner than later, but I'd rather have CD quality than poor bit-rate rips.

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

As I said in a private message to someone, I'm not posting mp3s this time out of respect for Mr. Senoue, who has be KIND ENOUGH to release three CDs in as many months featuring a ton of unreleased stuff. I know someone else eventually will post mp3s, so my actions will probably have little effect, but it's the least I could do for Jun and Johnny.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'm still waiting for my copy of "Best of Crush 40" to ship, so I still won't have my copy for quite a while. Wish Jun would hurry up, but I don't know how much of it is really his fault.

Anyways, in the meantime my Crush 40 (1) CD finally came in and I'm giving it a listen right now. Sound quality is 100x better than the crappy rips I've lived all my life with until this moment.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm listening to it right now and I can hear all the edits they made in "I Am...". Everything is so clear I can even hear the cymbals blaring in my ears which I couldn't hear at first.

The Ungravitify cover is my favourite track on there. It's pretty awesome. Open Your Heat is iffy though. All the new effects don't really seem to fit turning it not a rock-dance rack almost.

HOLAS:

I'm in love with "Fire Woman", since I never heard the original song I can't tell if it is a good cover or not, but it's an awesome song...

I'm also diggin "Un-Gravitify", the intro is weird, but the rest of the song is awesome :D.

"Is It You" is a great song too, thought I haven't descyphered the lyrics yet (my english sucks) it's always good to hear a song with a slow pace like this one :)

And since I'm a complete ignorant when it comes to sound edits, I couldn't notice anything different in the new mixes, with "Open Your Heart" beign the exception, it sounds different to me, not best, not worst, just different...

Edited by imarafan

I just got the CD the other day. Haven't really litsened to all of the tracks on there yet, so I can't comment on any of the new arrangements of previous songs, so I'll just comment on the new stuff.

Starting off, I've gotta say that Fire Woman has to be my absolute favorite track on this disk! I've not heard the original yet (I wanted to hear the remake first so that I wouldn't be spoiled for the song), but I plan on finding the track online to litsen to so I can compare.

Gotta say, Un-Gravitify was pretty damn awesome as well (pardon my language). I didn't really care for it at first because of how different it sounded starting out compared to the original, but it's grown on me quite a bit.

Is it You is...... well...... Aw hell, I'll just say it: I really don't like it. Of course, I'm not saying that it was bad, far from it; I just didn't care for it.

I got my copy a couple of days ago and I thought that it was about time I left my opinions :P

First off, I absolutely LOVE 'Is It You'. Definetely one of my favourite tracks from the album, it's a nice change of pace from the rest of the album, with the exception of 'Live Life' and possibly 'Watch Me Fly'.

Speaking of 'Watch Me Fly' along with 'Revvin' Up' and 'Into the Wind', it's great to finally be able to hear these tracks in crystal clear quality - it makes them sound so much better :).

'Knight of the Wind' sounds so much clearer, and all the better for it IMO, and I really like the tweaks on 'His World' too.

All in all, awesome album! :D

Now, bring on True Colours!

Add me to the bandwagon of the people who adore "Fire Woman". This track is among the best on CD, along with "Un-gravitify" cover. But as I listen to the CD, I've found that they remastered "Open Your Heart" to be shorter and more concentrated than the original. I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me some.

Some of Fire Woman's lyrics:

T-t-t-t-twistin' like a flame in a slow dance, baby

Smoke, she is a rising fire, yeah

My heart's a ball of burnin' flame

Oh, yes it is

Trancing like a cat on a hot tin shack

Say, stand down in front of me

Stand down, stand down

Fire woman...

It's almost like Blaze is crying out for her own theme song through this song.

I finally got me a copy of the album! It does indeed rock, and the Crush 40 version of Un-Gravitify induced many head-bangings. Awesome!