Awoo.

New Mario game on the way

Detective Shadzter

Charles Martinet has let everyone know via Twitter that he is recording his Mario voice for a new Mario game -

- Mama Mia!!!! I'm going to Seattle this week to record a new Mario game! Woo Hooo!!!!! I can hardly wait!!!!1

- Big day tomorrow! Seattle for a new Mario game! Yippee!!! And just as a joke, it's going to rain....in San Francisco tomorrow!

- Awesome new Mario Game! And it's not NSMB Wii, and it's not Galaxy 2, but it's going to be crazy fun!

http://twitter.com/CharlesMartinet

I wonder which console its for. I hope this is another platformer/adventure and not a sports game spin-off.

Thanks to BADGERGAMER over at the ONM forums for the info.

It's a new Mario Party.

D:

That is very likely, we're due a new Mario Party as its been a while since the last one. I'm not keen on the Mario Party series myself.

ANOTHER Mario game? Seriously, Nintendo, why not put out Star Fox or F-Zero, or Kirby instead. I think we've already got enough Mario games to last 1 gaming generation.

• Thumbs Up 1

This almost makes me wonder if soon Mario is going to undergo the same fate that Sonic had, with too many titles all at once with very debatable quality. If that happens, and Needlemouse + All Stars Racing turn out to be good, same with future titles, I think it would be wierd to see Mario going through poop and Sonic being the one with quality titles. I know that won't happen xD, Nintendo has enough sense not to let that happen to Mario, but I'd find it funny anyway cause it'd almost be like Bizarro Gaming or something.

Anyway, I hope this title is something that is gonna be far off, and is something that isn't called Galaxy 3.

Edit: Also Star Fox.

Edited by Noel Vermillion
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bowser's Inside Story was awesome, NSMBWii looks awesome, and Galaxy 2 should be awesome. Sure the Mario parties are meh, but that doesn't put Mario anywhere near the slump Sonic was in.

Anyway, IF this is real then I'm sure it's a sports or party game. Though I wouldn't mind a Yoshi's Island Wii, Super Princess Peach Wii, Or Luigi's Mansion 2. Well hey, it doesn't have to be Mario game to have Mario's voice in it right?

Edited by speedfreak

ONM are talking to him about it so theres no doubt about its authenticity.

@CharlesMartinet Hope the recording went well Charles!

http://twitter.com/ONM_UK

I wonder if ONM know anything about this new game.

Of all the game series Nintendo should think about making new games for, Starfox should be one of the first...but meh.

If it's another Mario party, someone's getting a nuke as a token of my appreciation. ;)

Well if it is another Mario Party maybe it will actually have some real effort put into it this time. It has been a few years and 8 sold like crazy. Though I'd still rather a Yoshi's Island Wii, Super Princess Peach Wii, or Luigi's Mansion 2. :P

Maybe they've spent the last 2 years actually planning out what would make a great new Mario Party? It's possible I guess. Would be nice if it was MARIO TENNIS DS MADE BY CAMELOT or something (hint hint)

What if it's just Mario Galaxy 2? Just saying. I didn't think the game was supposed to be out until late 2010.

If you read my opening post quoting what Charles has posted on his Twitter, he states its not New Super Mario Bros Wii or Super Mario Galaxy 2.

• Thumbs Up 2

Could it be another Mario Kart? Historically there has only been one per console but with the HUGE success of MKWii might that change? Whatever it turns out to be doesn't really matter. Even if it is another lame entry in the Mario Party series who cares? Bowser's Inside Story was awesome and we have two excellent looking Mario platformers on the way shortly. I'd love for it to be something great, but if it's a side Mario title (which it almost certainly is) I'm fine with that.

Well I'm ready for Mario & Luigi 4, how about you guys?

Already? Damn, man. It would be cool, though. Considering Galaxy 2 is ruled out, I'm more inclined to believe it will just be another Mario Party. Damn, we don't need anymore of those. Would be nice if it turned out to be another Kart game, or Tennis maybe. Mario & Luigi 4 would be epic, though.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

but it's going to be crazy fun!

I'm leaning towards with the majority of the crowd. Mario Party Games (excluding 8 in my opinion) are notorious for being crazy fun.

Edited by Mew

Who's to say that Mario isn't going through a slump like Sonic is already? He gets a bunch of spinoffs, milking Nintendo's cash cow and gets one or two hits every console generation that are actually worth having a look at, not much different than Sonic. Opinion on the game qualities may vary.

That said it's probably another Mario Party game, considering that Nintendo are already laying hands on two main titles. Another title I'll happily avoid. Mario's never had any good spinoffs other than the Kart games and Strikers Charged. Not counting the RPG's now.

Or maybe it's Mario & Luigi 4.

Featuring Wario and Waluigi.

Edited by Oni-Tan

I would agree if not for the fact that Mario's actual blockbuster games are way better than the Sonic ones. At least he's effective where it counts.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't say Mario's going through a slump (yet), but I would say they need to tone down his game (especially spin off) development and put more focus into other franchises.

EDIT: Although if I could have a new huge Galaxy title every few years with all new worlds and music I would be a happy bunny.

I think.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't hurt to see a Pikmin 3, I say. It's good that we're seeing more than one major Mario platformer this time around, though. 2 within one year of each other even.

Like others have said, I would much rather have a new Star Fox game or something, D;. I understand that the man in red sells great along side exercise equipment, but would it really hurt you to let me fly an Arwing for a bit? I think Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii will hold me over as far plumbing goes.

As for what it is, Mario Party sounds like a good guess. That, or some sports game I guess, but I don't really keep up with those, so I don't know if we are due for one yet.

I'm sick of having Italian every night, >=(.

-Blur

• Thumbs Up 1

I would agree if not for the fact that Mario's actual blockbuster games are way better than the Sonic ones. At least he's effective where it counts.

I'm going to throw a big bomb right here and say that I'm one of the only, rare, cavemen-living, raw-fish-consuming people who actually likes Sonic Unleashed to the same extent as I liked Super Mario Galaxy, if not possibly more since the novelty having left off sorta fast with Galaxy, so the downhill part is subjective to each and one on their own. Galaxy is almost the embodiment of the meaning "overrated" in videogaming, atleast in my opinion, although that doesn't mean it's bad. It's definitely a really good game.

On one hand you have Mario churning out horrible spinoffs every now and then and a shining diamond once every decade. Sonic on the other hand churns out games quite often, not too often deviations of the gameplay style, and then resting on mostly average notes with some being outright unplayable and some being actually really good. Pick your poison.

There are obviously a thousands of reasons why they roll with that but it's too late for me to write up an explanation.

Edited by Oni-Tan
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd side with Mario right now, considering I'm a whore for actual Mario Platformers. New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Mario Galaxy 2 cement me into that position. I will admit Mario Party and the Mario baseball games are pretty damn terrible, but Mario Strikers Charged (Mario Smash Football, or whatever you guys call it), Mario Kart, and the Tennis series are all solid spin-offs.

Edited by Hero Of Fate
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd side with Mario right now, considering I'm a whore for actual Mario Platformers. New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Mario Galaxy 2 cement me into that position. I will admit Mario Party and the Mario baseball games are pretty damn terrible, but Mario Strikers Charged (Mario Smash Football, or whatever you guys call it), Mario Kart, and the Tennis series are all solid spin-offs.

I can attest to some spin-offs since I admit to enjoying Mario Strikers Charged (lesser with the original Strikers) and the original Tennis. Power Tennis for me was essentially a spiced Mario Tennis while Mario Kart, while still good to this day, lost it's major glory for me after the Nintendo 64 version. Mario Kart Wii is a rather solid experience though. Better for multiplayer if anything.

I can also admit to that Mario obviously hasn't been put in Sonic's position of things yet. But as Yahtzee said on his Little Big Planet review, he's probably not too far from moving in with him either. Call NSMB Wii and Galaxy 2 all you want but for many and myself, NSMB Wii looks like a glorified DS version and Galaxy 2 like a disguised expansion pack. Not that it means automatically bad. But they're not exactly on my to-get-list.

• Thumbs Up 2