Awoo.

Super Transformation Topic

Daisoku

SA2 was terrible. Sonic and Shadow were umm, masturbating, came, then just changed.

LOL. Amazingly, i never saw it like that. Ive always thought it looks like they're getting ready to roll dices. :P

If we're gonna talk about favorite Super States, then mine is Super Scourge, hands down. That is the most epic Super Sonic retool I've ever seen. Maybe it's because I've always been a fan of Skywarp's colors. Either way, it's a refreshing deviation from the all boys turn yellow thing that has even gripped Knuckles of all people (granted, he didn't turn yellow, but the aura damn sure was)

Honorable mention goes to Super Shadow, who picked an excellent color to change into, and Super Silver who, who actually looks badass once you see the full extent of his changes.

Seeing Super Sonic for the first time ever in SA1 was my grand entry into the Sonic fandom almost nine and a half years ago...and since then, he's been my overall favorite Sonic character next to normal Sonic, and my favorite Super State as well. There's nothing as appealing as seeing a blue hedgehog turn into a golden yellow spiky being of power and kick some ass.

Even if he was originally meant to be a parody of DBZ, I'm kinda really glad that Super Sonic broke the "exclusivity" and adopted the Super Saiyan design into his own, really. 'Cause that way, I can hope that more people will adopt the idea as well in the future.

Edited by Super Klonoa
  • Thumbs Up 1

If Turbo Tails shows up again, I'd like him to look more like the original design. The "regular Tails with a red cape" was kind of cute, but it didn't feel as unique or cool to me as having a powered up Tails who had red fur and a blue hooded cloak.

Hey, I rather prefer Tails with a cape over the Tails on steroids known as Titan Tails *vomits:

149700-53864-tails_super.jpg

Don't know if this counts as a super transformation, but it is a transformation I wish I never wanted to see. It makes Tails loses his cute factor by beefing him up on steroids. It is just too stupid and ridiculous.

My favorite transformations would have to be Darkspine and Excalibur Sonic (@$$cape was pretty weird though) just for being different from S.Sonic mostly in design and looking kind of cool.

Yet I'm getting pretty tired of Supers showing up in every single game only purpose to serve as a Deus Ex Machina in the storylines near the end of the game, it's very predictable.

06's was a bit lame, especially as the lighting fucked up the colours so you could barely see Super Silver.

Heroes' one was epic for Sonic, but Tails and Knuckles just got bubbles and were like HUH OKAY! At least Tails and Knuckles were relevant to the final fight though, which I loved.

Also Rush and Rush Adventure's were both badass in that style, but I think I prefer the one from Rush 1 as the music was more dramatic, and Sonic and Blaze alone looked badass as hell.

SA2's is just... wrong xd

Honourable mention to Advance 1's, but that's because of the sad ending where they don't see Sonic. I thought it was a nice touch to have the characters worry about Sonic. Actually Advance 2's was epic too.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Im gonna have to go with Diogenes and say Darkspine Sonic. Not only cause it looks pretty cool but cause it's totally uncalled for and adds a slight twist with what everyone else would see as a predictable ending. Erazor absorbs almost all the world rings, something which I was fairly sure that Sonic would use for a super form, but before that happens, Sonic absorbs the four rings of negative emotions and turns into a flawed, spiteful hero. So the fight was maybe shit but the form and transformation were really good and I'm somewhat surprised it hasn't ended up as an Ensemble Darkhorse yet cause it sure as hell makes itself worthy, something Shadow could have had yet totally blew it after Heroes.

I'm kinda surprised to see the hate with the Unleashed boss fight. QTE moment sure thing but it sure as hell had the first solid Super Sonic mechanic in a 3D game. I don't count SA1 now cause it was just an upgraded, faster Sonic with a reskin and boost button having water instead of ground. That said the flying worked crazy well and the premise 'til you got to the shield was quite obviously a nod to Sonic 3 & Knuckles' Doomsday Zone since you had to collect ring clusters to keep yourself alive while avoiding the big chunks of rocks/asteroids, and really if we look away from the Rush games and old Genesis games (okay might as well say all 2D games) are there really any better Super Sonic fights? Come on now, SA2 looking back at it is horrible. Heroes was a clusterfuck, SatSR as well. Sonic 06 was the result of taking the worst things out of SA2 and multiplying them.

Unleashed comes close to first with a second place. Now the transformation there was rather predictable, but the points I give for that also accounts the first transformation in the beginning of the game. It set up for an interesting premise that showed that not even Super Sonic is invincible as he takes on the entire legion, knowing that going Super would obviously make him win as the plot was perfectly set. Also plus points for actually showing Sonic in his Super form still act like... Sonic. In all the other games he'd be doing remarks about how they need to stop etcetera and so on, doing dramatic comments and what-not. In Sonic Unleashed he actually has a bit of a typical Sonic - Eggman conversation before being drained, even though it only lasted say 10 seconds, it was really cool to see, and only then already there's a twist in the beginning of the game that instead turns him to a Werewolf.

The coolest part is the ending as well which sums it up completely as it ends on the note it started with. Unlike most people, I actually liked that this ending was predictable (plus we wouldn't have to get a Super Werehog or something). In the beginning Sonic turns Super in order to stop Eggman from creating a mess only to fail, and in the end he needs to clean up said mess that was caused and his only means of stopping it is what he failed to succeed with the last time.

As for the other games

SA1: Pathetic really. Seeing Super Sonic in 3D for a first time would have been pretty damn epic, instead it just becomes a sudden shine and boom, Super Sonic. While he just stands there by the way doing nothing as the camera pans.

SA2: This one was actually pretty decent as we also got to see Super Shadow. But yeah, its also kinda awkward looking back at it. Reffer to most other comments.

Heroes: This one was nice cause it was good to see Super Sonic in a cinematic for once. It was pretty damn powerful, I dont know whether to complain about Knuckles and Tails' golden shield thingy, it seemed more as if they became engulfed by Super Sonic's gigantic radiation thing left off. But hey you can't have the entire cake and eat it.

Shadow: Basically SA2 without Sonic (and more slimey) but plus points for having the nodback to SA2.

Sonic Rush: I haven't seen this one in a while. All I remember is that it was sort of similar to SA2, only less awkward. But worse music. I really dont like the Rush soundtrack.

Sonic 06: Works, only on a different account. I'd say it was pretty nice to see Sonic return back to life in his Super form, and I enjoyed the moment when he approached Shadow and Silver, giving them his power. That was pretty cool.

SatBK: Reffer to JezMM's comment on it.

Edited by Oni-Tan

I'd say Sonic Adventure 1 or 2.

SA1, I love Sonic's face after he transformed. I can't find the picture, but it was used in Sonic Gems Collection...

SA2: love Knuckles face XD. The way he opens his face and slightly turns it, is just cool and funny.

I think thos 2 games are the last times Sonic looked real badass anyways. Nowadays his face looks weird o.O.

I liked Sonic Rush also. And I liked the ending music..

Edited by MarcelloF