Awoo.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

pooshoes

I understand what the airport scene was about but.....GOD! Its just not right. AT. ALL! Why couldn't they do something different about that, like, TV or the newspaper or something? (I watched only 30 sec of it before closing the vid)

I understand what the airport scene was about but.....GOD! Its just not right. AT. ALL! Why couldn't they do something different about that, like, TV or the newspaper or something? (I watched only 30 sec of it before closing the vid)

The point was to get that disgusted, nasty emotion that you're feeling right now, to get an understanding of how sick the guys you're fighting against are. They wanted to get that emotion out of you.

• Thumbs Up 1

On release day. Blooming hell. I've got it for the 360, no cheating there because that's what people use the Party chat function for *head desk*

PS3 version servers are down

PS3 servers have gone down, Infinity Ward and Activision are working on getting them back up but don't have a date or time yet. How could they mess this up just after release like this? Here's an update from Randolph of Activision.

http://twitter.com/ATVI_Randolph

I've got it for both consoles and have tried connecting on PS3 myself and can sign into PSN but can't connect to the games servers at all.

Well, I figured out how they could of skipped the "No Russia" level. Show the ending of the level after the breifing. There, IW could of avoided controversty.

http://kotaku.com/5402535/infinity-ward-modern-warfare-2-ps3-online-problems-server-not-patch-related

"It's a server overload not a bug in the code," Bowling wrote on his Twitter account, saying that a patch won't fix immediate multiplayer problems. "They're working to have servers back up ASAP." And by they, Bowling is referring to the third-party providers that host PlayStation 3 multiplayer traffic.

"Xbox Live servers are maintained and ran by Microsoft," Bowling explains. "PSN servers are ran and maintained by 3rd party companies hired to do so." He says that Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer "will be available as soon as Demonware gets the servers back online ASAP."

I got two things to say:

You didn't think THIS MANY PEOPLE would be playing CoD:MW2 on launch day!?

PSN users, you get what you pay for.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I figured out how they could of skipped the "No Russia" level. Show the ending of the level after the breifing. There, IW could of avoided controversty.

that would still make no fucking sense.

it's fine within the context of the game, what you do there is not glorified in any way, and you do not have to shoot any civilians.

PC version hacked, PS3 version down

What a clusterfuck, haha!

brb gonna play some TDM

Patch 1.01 disables PS3 trophies!

Patch 1.02 fixes 1.01's disabled trophies... 1.02 now disables new ones!

Lol and this is day 2! Day bloody 2!

Edited by Casanova

I don't really care that much about MW2, but the buzz around it has been amusing me. Especially when I saw today's Penny Arcade.

709971035_Jh78w-L.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I like Call of Duty, I just find it to be the second coming. I probably won't even buy it, my brother most likely will and I'll play it sometime later.

that would still make no fucking sense.

it's fine within the context of the game, what you do there is not glorified in any way, and you do not have to shoot any civilians.

Just to highlight this last point, I went the entire level without shooting a single civilian. The fact the game lets you do this with no repurcussion is just further proof that this scene is entirely relevant to the scope of the game, because it is an incredibly effective way of making you hate Makarov and his cronies.

Don't get me wrong, the scene is fucked up, but its expertly crafted and has every right to be included.

Just to highlight this last point, I went the entire level without shooting a single civilian. The fact the game lets you do this with no repurcussion is just further proof that this scene is entirely relevant to the scope of the game, because it is an incredibly effective way of making you hate Makarov and his cronies.

I wasn't quite sure when I started the mission if this was a good idea or not, I do belive you are right. I was wondering how the character you play as didn't just shoot him at the end.

P.S. Killed 3 civis but mercy kills only.

Gonna start getting into Spec Ops this weekend (between revision time and TV time), I hope I can get some good non-disconnecty sessions going so I can experience the greatness of those two player-only missions. The AC-130 one in particular has me dribbling like a lunatic in anticipation.

Finished the singleplayer campaign today. Loving the scope for a Modern Warfare 3.

America mopping up the Soviet forces in the eastern US, and perhaps telling the tale of the west; before the invasion there were bogeys approaching on both sides remember. What became of California?

The road to Moscow will be an awesome campaign, if it ever gets made.

Soap and Price on the run will be fucking immense too, especially if the SAS looks on them kindly and comes in to defend two of their own, or they find some other way of getting back in with the good guys.

Maybe the Chinese will get involved this time? Or perhaps Mossad?

And some people actually say a full digital distribution model is a good idea.[/facepalm]

I'm very close to going into hermit mode and just buying up used Genesis games to play until the industry collapses on itself (and if the trends started in this generation continue, it will), not the least of which being because people are being so fucking stupid with their money in this generation that I don't even want to be associated with them as a gamer.

Edited by Tornado

Why can't you guys just appreciate how damn amazing this game is and quit your bloody doomsaying/moaning? Just because Activision's bosses are dicks of the highest order, just because the pricing was ludicrous and a lot of people are too financially inept to not buy tacky plasticky night vision goggles, doesn't mean you can't go out there find a good deal on this game (look at all the British supermarkets pushing the price down, surely the American chains are in a similar war for sales?) and then enjoy it for what it is; one of the best games out this year.

Why can't you guys just appreciate how damn amazing this game is and quit your bloody doomsaying/moaning? Just because Activision's bosses are dicks of the highest order, just because the pricing was ludicrous and a lot of people are too financially inept to not buy tacky plasticky night vision goggles, doesn't mean you can't go out there find a good deal on this game (look at all the British supermarkets pushing the price down, surely the American chains are in a similar war for sales?) and then enjoy it for what it is; one of the best games out this year.

No they're not. Prices are fixed in the United States. Not even chains like Wal-Mart lower them. Best Buy, however, will sell new games for Gamestop used prices. (Which is really only 5 or so dollars less, but it's something)

I don't want to support Activision's foolishness. It's that simple.

And the game looks ok, but doesn't even attempt to fix any of the things I don't like about FPS games.

Just because Activision's bosses are dicks of the highest order, just because the pricing was ludicrous and a lot of people are too financially inept to not buy tacky plasticky night vision goggles, doesn't mean you can't go out there find a good deal on this game (look at all the British supermarkets pushing the price down, surely the American chains are in a similar war for sales?) and then enjoy it for what it is; one of the best games out this year.

Actually, it means exactly that. If Modern Warfare 2 shows off most of what is wrong with the industry, I'm not going put it all aside and toe the line just because the game itself is good. Make of it what you will, but until Activision gets their shit together, I'm not buying any of their games.

Edited by Tornado

Just thought I would share this, obviously the game has been out for nearly a week, the multiplayer is in full swing... so we're now getting videos...

What are the odds of the following...

* That this user got the final kill.

* That the user was recording it.

* That the user accidentally used the wrong weapon.

* That the user hit the target.

* That his team won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudCajMNRM0

What do you think? Staged, or a one in a million thing? It reminds me of that GTA SA video where the guy is riding a quad bike off a jump, only to crash into a plane just before he gets to the end of the ramp.

Edited by Casanova