Awoo.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

pooshoes

And the game looks ok, but doesn't even attempt to fix any of the things I don't like about FPS games.

And what, pray tell, do you not like? The singleplayer campaign is well structured, the plot was mostly very well done and had me gripped like few other games have managed in recent years, the variety of weaponry and attachments was an extremely pleasant surprise to me, and the locations too were quite satisfying. Spec Ops is a huge challenge playing solo and will be immense fun with others if the many impressions I've read are anything to go by, and the regular multiplayer is also proving to be a big hit despite the initial flood of complaints over the numbers of players being allowed per game.

Sure, it's no Ghost Recon, it's not the most accurate portrayal in the world and the plot won't speak to everybody, but for my part I'm finding that there is a huge amount of enjoyment to be found within this little disc and it's certainly got MW1 beat to my mind... mostly. Death From Above and All Ghillied Up will remain firm favourite missions/levels/stages for years to come.

Just thought I would share this, obviously the game has been out for nearly a week, the multiplayer is in full swing... so we're now getting videos...

What are the odds of the following...

* That this user got the final kill.

* That the user was recording it.

* That the user accidentally used the wrong weapon.

* That the user hit the target.

* That his team won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudCajMNRM0

What do you think? Staged, or a one in a million thing? It reminds me of that GTA SA video where the guy is riding a quad bike off a jump, only to crash into a plane just before he gets to the end of the ramp.

Staged, hack, one in a million thing.. doesn't matter. It was funny as hell.

And what, pray tell, do you not like? The singleplayer campaign is well structured, the plot was mostly very well done and had me gripped like few other games have managed in recent years, the variety of weaponry and attachments was an extremely pleasant surprise to me, and the locations too were quite satisfying. Spec Ops is a huge challenge playing solo and will be immense fun with others if the many impressions I've read are anything to go by, and the regular multiplayer is also proving to be a big hit despite the initial flood of complaints over the numbers of players being allowed per game.

Sure, it's no Ghost Recon, it's not the most accurate portrayal in the world and the plot won't speak to everybody, but for my part I'm finding that there is a huge amount of enjoyment to be found within this little disc and it's certainly got MW1 beat to my mind... mostly. Death From Above and All Ghillied Up will remain firm favourite missions/levels/stages for years to come.

:|

Actually, the problem I have with most FPS games is that I feel like I'm playing as some kind of wheeled coat hanger with a gun.

Considering getting this game. However, I'm not really the biggest CoD fan, didn't like the first game I played and so never really got into the series and so I'm torn as to get this. Is it worth parting with 30 or 40 quid for this rather than, say, Left 4 Dead 2?

Considering getting this game. However, I'm not really the biggest CoD fan, didn't like the first game I played and so never really got into the series and so I'm torn as to get this.

What was the first game you played? If it was CoD4 then frankly you'll feel the same about this as you did that. If not, give it a punt - it's well worth it - but be prepared to lose some of the plot as its singleplayer carries on from where CoD4 left off.

Considering getting this game. However, I'm not really the biggest CoD fan, didn't like the first game I played and so never really got into the series and so I'm torn as to get this. Is it worth parting with 30 or 40 quid for this rather than, say, Left 4 Dead 2?

Save your money, L4D2 is more fun.

MW2 online is standard FPS fare. L4D2 with 3 mates is just hillarious.

Edited by Pooshoes?

Save your money, L4D2 is more fun.

MW2 online is standard FPS fare. L4D2 with 3 mates is just hillarious.

I got pretty bored of L4D1 within a week. can't say the same for MW2.

• Thumbs Up 1

If anybody wants a Spec Ops partner I will, when not working/revising/watching TV, be happy to play.

I would, but I have the PS3 version... but likewise... anyone with a PS3 wanna team up for the spec ops.

Already completed the game... it was a lot shorter than I had imagined... Just doing it on Veteran right now, Jesus, Loose ends (the hill section) on Veteran was insane, especially when I only had 2 flashbangs.

Marathon

Light Footed

Commando

On normal team deathmatch or hardcore, no one expects the slasher! I managed to get 28/10 last game. On massive maps like Derail, the enemy are so busy camping they don't know how to deal with a loony who wont stop running about cutting them. It's so funny listening to your teammates (when they are strangers) asking what the hell you are doing.

Seriously, try it.

141s own Ghost to get own game?

When it’s your job to blabber into a microphone for hours on end, sometimes, keeping your tongue in check isn’t the easiest thing to do. Case in point: voice actor Craig Fairbrass blurted the news that some form of game starring Modern Warfare 2’s resident badass “Ghost” is in development.

“I did in the last game a voice for a character called Gaz and in this game I’m now voicing a guy called Ghost, who now just got a spin-off comic of his own and they’re talking about another little game to go with it. So I’m quite excited about it. It’s grown and grown and grown,” Fairbrass said during Modern Warfare 2’s UK launch event.

Modern Warfare 2: Ghost, huh? Didn’t Activision Blizzard used to have another one of those?

http://www.vg247.com/2009/11/16/rumor-modern-warfare-2s-ghost-to-get-his-own-game/

This game was definitely the most overhyped title ever, and this game was also one of the most disappointing titles ever, to me.

The PC version is seriously messed up. Matchmaking in a PC FPS is the worst idea ever. It's slow and it's frustrating. Partysystem doesn't actually work at all. I liked CoD4's multiplayer for the first week I played it but then it started getting boring pretty quick. MW2's multiplayer was nothing new or impressive to me. There're lots of nice weapons and cool add-ons for them, though.

The atmosphere in the singleplayer was actually nice in some parts but nothing groundbreaking in there, though. I really don't know why so many people hype the story because it definitely wasn't that good. The graphics are almost the same as in CoD4, if not worse. There're still those endless mobs of enemies even though IW said there won't.

I don't have much good to say about this game. Both singleplayer and multiplayer were mediocre. Luckily I didn't waste my money on this game, but too bad my friend did and didn't even enjoy this game. Crap Of Duty.

edit: fixing typos and summarizing

Edited by Peter
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

This game was definitely the most overhyped title ever

That title still rests firmly with the original Assassin's Creed, or perhaps Halo 2. This game is awesome.

The graphics are almost the same as in CoD4, if not worse.

So? It helps maintain a sense of continuity, of the two games existing in the same world and they looked fine to begin with. Don't know what your problem is there, it looks fine.

There're still those endless mobs of enemies even though IW said there won't.

I think you'll find that there are only 4-5 waves and in most - if not all - cases you can depopulate any singleplayer map completely if you are inclined to do so. If you can't then maybe you're just not that good.

Crap Of Duty.

lol describe well

The only thing I have sympathy for in that video is the wall. And at that age my brother had already busted a whole clean through the wall with a single punch. He can't after more than six tries?

Maybe if he was drinking more milk he'd be strong enough to punch through! Hahahaha.

Edited by Chooch

I wonder how many space dollars Activision is going to be charging people for this stuff?

Yep, there are currently working-but-hidden game modes included in retail MW2. And there were people here trying to tell me that I should look the other way. No thanks.

Is there a Hot Coffee mode?

Anyone really surprised? Given this is coming from the idiots who think people will pay more moeny for anything as long as it has Call of Duty slapped on it.

That really isn't any different to any other DLC set-up; Gears of War 2 IIRC has at least a couple of multiplayer modes you have to purchase to use, as does Red Faction Guerrilla, and I'm certain Burnout Paradise has a similar set-up going (but I really can't be sure about that one).

Got in some good games tonight. :) Hit up a pretty good kill count on Wastelands, and then on Estate I just plain owned the map right there; Got a really good care package - Chopper Gunner - which let me make absolute mincemeat out of the opposition. :) I'm at Level 21 now, which can mean only one thing: BLING PERK!

FAMAS + Heartbeat Sensor + ACOG (sp?) Scope for now, we'll see how I do with that set-up tomorrow. Maybe I'll go back to the Red Dot sight if that doesn't work out so well, or maybe I'll try unlocking Holographic Sights.

That really isn't any different to any other DLC set-up; Gears of War 2 IIRC has at least a couple of multiplayer modes you have to purchase to use, as does Red Faction Guerrilla, and I'm certain Burnout Paradise has a similar set-up going (but I really can't be sure about that one).

Are we talking new modes or maps? No new modes have been released for Gears 2. And Annex was a free title update for Gears 1.

Are we talking new modes or maps? No new modes have been released for Gears 2. And Annex was a free title update for Gears 1.

I'm not very clear on Gears' DLC either... ^_^; My point is that paid-for additional game modes is not a new concept and it's pointless to get worked up over them. Activision Blizzard and Infinity Ward are both in the business of making money. Millions have bought Modern Warfare 2, despite any prior controversy over multiplayer modes or airport massacre scenes. It stands to reason that any DLC for the game - particularly multiplayer DLC - is going to sell well, which means doing it is a good business decision and hardly a surprising one.

It stands to reason that any DLC for the game - particularly multiplayer DLC - is going to sell well, which means doing it is a good business decision and hardly a surprising one.

Doesn't mean it isn't bullshit if the DLC for these modes essentially amounts to a tax to use stuff already purchased. Modern Warfare in particular is a much bigger game than Red Faction or Gears 2, and Activision's seemingly intentional attempts to be viewed as cartoonish supervillians really doesn't do anything for the idea that paying extra for stuff you already paid for being okay.

Edited by Tornado