Awoo.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

pooshoes

Doesn't mean it isn't bullshit if the DLC for these modes essentially amounts to a tax to use stuff already purchased. Modern Warfare in particular is a much bigger game than Red Faction or Gears 2, and Activision's seemingly intentional attempts to be viewed as cartoonish supervillians really doesn't do anything for the idea that paying extra for stuff you already paid for being okay.

Frankly, if what they have coming is as good as what's already out, it'll be well worth the cover price.

Finally decided to get this game.

I like the Snipers in this game. The aim feels very good to where I can get allot of good headshots easily.

Frankly, if what they have coming is as good as what's already out, it'll be well worth the cover price.

I don't care if the extra hidden multiplayer modes include an option to print money out of the damned disk tray. I paid for the content on the disc. It's mine. The cost of actually developing that content is included in the $60 that I originally spent to purchase the software in the first place. I know this is the case, because that was the entire fucking reason that games cost $60 in this generation.

Activision, however, doesn't think I am entitled to use the stuff that I paid for, despite making hundreds of millions of dollars on day one from sales. And for all those who say Activision might offer it as free DLC, this is the same company that added a $10 Fuck You Tax to the PC version of the game. So it stands to reason that, in lieu of console players not knowing what a fucking joke the whole affair is, they will charge extra for stuff that they were already paid for once.

Edited by Tornado

I'm siding with Tornado on this. Paying for an unlock to game content after the initial $60 (even for PC) is retarded and we as gamers should not stand for it. Unfortunetly enough people will shell out money for whatever IW throws there way, which doesn't help our cause.

From what I have played the game is certainly polished and pretty on top of being incredibly cinematic. The story is silly but most of that is fun action movie kind of stuff. The multiplayer though is such a downer, and its not because the game is gimped without lean or server support on PC. The game...its just a one man army shootout. "Team" Deathmatch is mostly hard asses thinking they're tough shit wondering off on their own and dieing. The kill streaks are "awesome" in terms of stat padding, but if you team stays together a bomb can rain from the sky and kill all of you just because someone killed that lone idiot a few times in a row, giving the killer some other overpowered weapon of destruction to kill you when you spawn. Why give even more kills to the person who's wining? Also, Spawning is god awful since I can kill someone and turn around just to have him kill me right back since he spawns just a skip away. It's just too much unorganized chaos for me to have fun with after playing cooperative games that rely on teamwork such as Team Fortress 2. I'd play 32 man Insta-spawn 2fort if I wanted that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since the only people who can alter topic titles other than your own are staffers, I hope you're a good runner. XD

Edit: I'll add a more on-topic post on the validity or invalidity of in-disc DLC when I get to Uni.

Edited by Gerkuman

Keeping in mind the glorious Sonic 06 also charged you for extra shit already on the disc. Its not exactly a new concept and as much as I fucking hate this game I do think people are getting worked up about this 3 years too late.

Keeping in mind the glorious Sonic 06 also charged you for extra shit already on the disc. Its not exactly a new concept and as much as I fucking hate this game I do think people are getting worked up about this 3 years too late.

No, we did complain back then. We're still complaining. The issue now is companies are giving us the finger in terms of this type of DLC despite how much we've advocated against it.

Christ that was intense! :D Highrise on Headquarters Pro is pretty awesome in its chaos, especially when that middle HQ pops up under the Russian chopper pad. Got some good games in and earned a nice amount of xp, I only need 7000 more xp until I unlock the M16, that shouldn't be too much trouble.

No one ever didn't bitch about it, even way back in 2005 when EA came up with the idea. The problem is that now it is more subtle (EA released an entire new version of the game in stores, so it took all of five minutes for PC gamers to figure it out) so its harder to notice; and this time the bullshit is (probably) attached to the single biggest game in the generation (compared to a handful of mediocre EA games and a universally loathed Sonic game), so it has a chance to set the precedent full-force.

Edited by Tornado

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, where to start.. The single player is quite short, but enjoyable. Even in veteran mode you rarely take too much damage from enemy fire, compared to the earlier games. Online is pretty good too (I'm playing the XB360 version). This time around, it gives you a reason to to do prestige mode, you can earn more call signs and emblems. And as for achievements.. meh, I already have 50 out of 50. Overall, Modern Warfare 2 is a must if you're a first person shooter fan.

• Thumbs Up 1

Modern Warfare 2 on the PS3 has just been hacked... and it's a bloody huge hack.

I'm not sure if I should even post it because it would be so tempting to use for someone having trouble... Basically, someone discovered a way to complete every single spec ops mission on the lowest difficulty... yet upon completion, up pops 3 stars for veteran and yes it even triggers trophies!

The details are there... but if you use it...

http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/call-duty-modern-warfare-2-spec-ops-glitches/76777-every-spec-ops-star-trophy-hack.html

Video of it in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fc9gvvKCds

It'll also complete all spec op missions that you havn't even unlocked yet. I can't say that I've seen a trophy hack like this for a long time, I knew that the Buzz trophy hack was embrassing, but this... wow.

Edited by Casanova

I've just remembered that I came face to face with a UAV, PAVE LOW, AC-130 Specter Gunship and a Stealth Bomber (among a great many other things; ICBMs, IRBMs, all kinds of other planes and fighters and bombers and stuff, a whole mess of nukes too, when I visited the USAF Museum in September.

15566_350930670141_898660141_10065140_3452071_n.jpg

UAV

15566_350961470141_898660141_10065842_7285253_n.jpg

PAVE LOW

15566_350961440141_898660141_10065839_1549510_n.jpg

AC-130

15566_351003935141_898660141_10066975_5347350_n.jpg

Stealth Bomber

Also, I just discovered that you can shoot UAVs down with an average assault rifle, if you have a whole clip you'd like to unload. No need for missiles! Now to find out if you can shoot down air drop choppers; you can in the singleplayer airport level, and I know a Stinger or Javelin will bring them down in multiplayer, but it'd be nice to know I can ruin someone's match by denying them their air drop.

More glitches coming out the woodwork.

http://kotaku.com/5417510/exploiting-mw2s-javelin-glitch-will-get-you-banned-says-xbl

Microsoft's also claiming to be taking action against anyone who does this between now and when IW releases a patch. 1 day ban at the minimum. So don't do it. (which won't be a problem for me since I'm still not playing this game)

It's funny though that the S for spammers can be replaced with suiciders for that little offensive viral video that was released awhile back.

There may also be another big problem too.

You know that trophy hack I mentioned earlier, well a few people on another forum I visit are reporting that they didn't have all the stars for spec ops, yet suddenly after completing a game with a friend who did, all their trophies popped up!

Nobody has confirmed it yet (mainly because nobody can find someone who has used the save file trick on their account (nobody wants to admit it)). But a couple of people are claiming that it's acting like one of those viral trophies, if they play someone who has used it, all their trophies pop up!

Not confirmed yet, but if more cases come to light, it could be so frustrating for people who wanted to beat the game and not get the trophies/last levels unlocked because someone else used an exploit.

I won't be missing that suicide bomber shit.

now fix the rock on afghan, the 1887s, the numerous PC hacks and the care package glitch!!!