Awoo.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

pooshoes

Yep, this game should definitely be named "Modern Bullshit" because really, that is what it is. The whole multiplayer aspect of the the game is completely flawed by some of the most sick spawning places, online bugs and somewhat glitches I've ever seen. But the Idea is fun but badly executed.

I really enjoyed the Single Player, and I like Special Ops too! I think I'm just gonna finish Special Ops, clear out the achievements, and then jump ship to BF:BC2 - the online demo is promising.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

What is this I don't even:

Hey, you. Yeah, you. Do you like free stuff? Well this my friend is a deliriously happy day, because a glitch in both the single-player demo and full version of Modern Warfare 2 on 360 currently lets you download a select few full Arcade games for free. So if you want a gratis copy of The King of Fighters ‘98 Ultimate Match, Metal Slug 3 or Samurai Showdown II, read below…

First you’ll want to download a trial version of the XBLA game you want. Bizarrely this glitch only works with SNK games, so you’re limited to The King of Fighters ’98 Ultimate Match, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug XX, Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Showdown II. Alright, so they’re not exactly Braid or Limbo. But c’mon, free shit!

Linky.

Free Garou! And the achievements work and everything!

Keep in mind that actually doing this will probably almost certainly result in banination, but still, the weirdness is simply incomprehensible. How does one even stumble upon something like this?

Edited by Tornado

That makes no sense. Why on earth would that do that? And why only SNK? Weird. :lol:

Could they ban people for it though? I mean how is Microsoft going to be able to tell who did it and who did it intentionally?

I don't see Microsoft banning anyone for this. What about people who legitmately stumble onto this by accident? "Okay, that's enough getting pwned in MW2. I'll bring up Quick Launch and try out the Metal Slug XX demo again. Wait, what's this?" This is pretty much the same thing as Microsoft accidently making something free on the marketplace instead of its normal price and everyone snatching it up before they change it back.

The games themselves aren't permanately unlocked. You'll need to boot up MW2 each time you want to play the full version. Once Activision fixes the problem (if they can) that'll be the end of full version free play.

Still though it's about time there was a glitch that didn't piss off everyone(everyone except "corporate" at least). Chalk up another one of the MW2 gltich list.