Awoo.

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl (Fall 2021, consoles and PC) "Simply Smashing"

Teoskaven

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/07/nickelodeon-all-star-brawl-announced-for-ps5-xbox-series-ps4-xbox-one-and-switch

Apparently throught some magic ritual, the developers of Slap City, Ludosity, got contracted into making an Outfoxies-styled platform fighter out of Nickelodeon franchises in the same vein as PSASBR and Cartoon Network Punch-Time Explosion.
Roster so far:
*2 of the TMNT, Leonardo and Michelangelo
*Helga (Hey Arnold)
*Lincoln and Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
*Nigel Thornberry (The Wild Thornberrys)
*Oblina (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
*Spongebob, Patrick and Sandy (SpongeBob SquarePants)
*Powdered Toast Man (Ren & Stimpy)
*Reptar (Rugrats)
*Danny Phantom
*Invader Zim

There's also a boxart floating around digital stores with silhouettes that suggest Aang, Korra, Ren, Stimpy and Catdog are also in (plus an unidentified extra silhouette that some claim is live-action Dora, others say it's the girl from Lazytown, others say it's April O'Neil).

Extra infos from the devs' Discord server:
20210713_180500.jpg

Also, apparently the devs really wanted Alex Mack but couldn't convince Nick to allow them to use her. Interesting preference.

Hopefully this turns out well enough for the devs, they're clearly showing passion in the making of it.

4 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Sally (SpongeBob SquarePants)

*Sandy lol 

But yeah this game looks hype as hell. I'm genuinely surprised how much effort they're putting into this game sure hope it does well. 

People are memeing this (which is fair), but this legit looks to be a fun time, that has the potential to be a serious contender in the fighting game scene if the devs play their cards right. I’m certainly looking forward to streaming this. We gotta get Kappa Mikey in here, come on Nick lol. Him, Blue, or Hugh neutron if any of them gets in I wanna main haha  (Okay but being realistic, probably like Aang or Danny Phantom)

Now I gotta ask myself if I go PS4 or Switch for this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Dejimon11 said:

*Sandy lol 

Whoops.

Anyway, i wonder how big the roster is gonna be and if there are gonna be long-term plans with DLCs. I'm not expecting Smash Ultimate levels, but between 20 and 30 characters might be reasonable. Variety so far is cool, we'll see if the complete game manages to be diversified enough, i wouldn't even mind franchises represent by just stages like Chalkzone.

I'm also not expecting anything like a story mode and have just a set of arcade experiences, mostly due to how this publisher cheapens out on things. I'm not complaining if I'm proven wrong though.

I swear to God can't they reuse old voice clips? Why do the characters need to be silent? Surely it wouldn't cost as much to use old voicework for the characters. 

I hope we see some really obscure characters in this game. Anyone of you remember the show Catscratch?

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I swear to God can't they reuse old voice clips? Why do the characters need to be silent? Surely it wouldn't cost as much to use old voicework for the characters. 

Especially because some voice actors are either indisposed right now like Tim Curry or are dead like Gary Owens. Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion recasted most of its characters (and most of them were voiced by Nolan North), so i wonder what's gonna happen with this one.

4 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Especially because some voice actors are either indisposed right now like Tim Curry or are dead like Gary Owens. Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion recasted most of its characters (and most of them were voiced by Nolan North), so i wonder what's gonna happen with this one.

The trailer tells us. Theyre going to be silent. The same as with the nickelodeon kart racing game. 

The whole idea with silent voices kinda sucks. It will take out a lot of the personality of the characters. Especially those characters that live from the voice actors such as Ren, Stimpy, Zim, or the entire cast of SpongeBob. 

I'm kinda pumped as hell for this. I mean, that kart game nick put out a couple of years ago kinda sucked, (I own it, but i cant even remember the name of it) the visuals looked pretty sick for a nick game too. JUST. NO. JOJO. SIWA.

FINALLY, I can find out once and for all who would win in a fight between Reptar and Nigel Thornberry!

6 hours ago, Marcello said:

This is sorely missing Kenan & Kel.

I'm pretty sure it's only NickToons, no live action stuff, but I would like to see Gibby from iCarly beat the crap out of Nigel Thornberry.

This looks like shovel ware at first glance but this has crazy potential, and could actually have a really good online mode. I'm starting to get hyped, and it has a pretty good roster so far, though I'd like to see more characters in like a DLC or something. I would like to see more Jimmy Neutron characters, that being a great show, El Tigre is a bit of an obscure title but it could also work, Fanboy and Chum Chum isn't very popular but I think they could fill out the roster at least, and Teenage Robot needs to be in this game, and Rocko if you'd be able to create a moveset for him. Just thinking about this there's a lot of potential for interesting movesets and based on the gameplay shown it seems like the stage design is similar to Smash. Hopefully it maintains that same kinetic fighting that makes Smash so popular. This is an interesting project that I'll follow as it goes on, and hopefully it can be really good and give us a strong Smash competitor.

13 hours ago, Marcello said:

This is sorely missing Kenan & Kel.

Kenan and Kell are unlockable. Megan from Drake and Josh will be this game's AGES.

Drakes probably not gonna show up if any of the Dan Schneider show characters get in.

if we’re talking live action characters, maybe Sam from iCarly,  I could see her, given she’s a aggressive type and fighter by nature.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

if we’re talking live action characters, maybe Sam from iCarly,  I could see her, given she’s a aggressive type and fighter by nature.

Eh, given recent events, I wouldn't expect Sam of all characters to show up either.

It's kinda funny that the featured versions of the Ninja Turtles are the 80's cartoon versions since that show is not a Nickelodeon cartoon. But I guess they figured that the 80's cartoon simply remains more famous than any of the newer incarnations made by Nick.

Either that, or there is something big coming for the 80s TMNT. I wouldn't be surprised if they will do another reboot, but in the style of 80s TMNT series. Minus April's kidnap shenanigans. That wouldn't fly well in our modern times. Garfield is actually also a character that they can put into the game since Paramount owns now the rights to the character. 

• Thumbs Up 2

43 minutes ago, Tomboyish Mermaid said:

Garfield is actually also a character that they can put into the game since Paramount owns now the rights to the character. 

Oh snap, that's true!

If they add Garfield I might have to actually buy this game. A game with Garfield and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is just too neat, considering that at different points in my childhood the 80's Ninja Turtles show and the Garfield comic strip were my biggest pop culture obsessions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently Rango is also a Nickelodeon character, as I've heard from some folk.