Awoo.

Live Action Pokemon Netflix Series in development

KHCast

I made a joke a few years back about if they hypothetically made a re-imagined live action version of the first season of the Pokemon anime…oh god I hope I wasn’t right lol

So, what is the budget on this thing? Because Detective Pikachu only had like 10 Pokemon on screen despite the millions poured into that production. How can a show like this even function on a Netflix budget?

I wonder if this live action series is connected to Detective Pikachu or if its own thing?  I'm actually surprised that a live action series for Pokemon is finally being made after all of these years.

We can't really make educated guesses about how or if the budget would be able to cover a TV series without first getting an idea of the art style they want to go with.

If we are talking Detective Pika, with the realism slant - then yeah, there is just no way. Aside from re-imagining each and every pokemon under the new theme - the asset load just sounds astronomically high. If the movie couldn't do it, I don't see how a TV show would fare any better.

But on the other side of the coin, they might just be happy with Vanilla CG models of each pokemon as they currently stand, maybe with a compromise or two here and there. That way you don't have to re invent the wheel for each pokemon you include and each 'mon will look good  -  but then you have to deal with the designs clashing with live action characters.

uh....

This might be lose, lose

lol

22 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

So, what is the budget on this thing? Because Detective Pikachu only had like 10 Pokemon on screen despite the millions poured into that production. How can a show like this even function on a Netflix budget?

Huh? Detective Pikachu would fill the screen with Pokémon. Sometimes I felt the wallets of the executives burning when I saw it lol.

Also, yeah I would roll my eyes at this announcement, but I did enjoy Detective Pikachu. I hate the whole "DO IT LIVE ACTION!" mentality and I would pay for it to stop, but I can't see it being horrible. Netflix originals are VERY hit or miss in terms of quality.

• Thumbs Up 1