Awoo.

SatBK contest winners

-Mark-

Well, I heard they were sent yesterday, and... nothing, yet. At least for me, anyway. The post for today has been already and it didn't arrive, so it looks like I'm being punished for winning the contest and getting the game late. Isn't that nice? D=

Since I know a few people here were contest winners too, did anyone actually manage to get their copy on time?

It sucks, since I'd booked the weekend off work to play the thing. If it still doesn't arrive tomorrow I'll probably have to go out and buy a copy, since there's no post on Sunday and my weekend off'd lose its purpose otherwise. Admittedly, I'm tempted to go and buy one now, but 1. My Dad'd bitch about it nonstop and call me an idiot (as if it has anything to with him), and 2. Admittedly, it would be a bit of a hassle to sell the free copy on eBay or whatever once it did arrive.

I just wish Sega hadn't overestimated the Royal Mail.

Edited by Mahzes

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -Mark-

• Gatestormer

• SuperLink

• Flyboy Fox

so it looks like I'm being punished for winning the contest and getting the game late. Isn't that nice? D=

Punished? You're getting a FREE game. Almost everyone else will have to spend money on it. You'll be getting it sooner than most people. I think you're overreacting.

Overnight delivery is NEVER a certainty. I won a game from SEGA a while back and it took more than 4 weeks to arrive. I was just pleased that I won and that I didn't have to spend money on the game.

It sucks if your weekend off can't be reclaimed (although it's likely the game should arrive tomorrow if it was sent priority next day), but surely you can use the weekend for something else?

Also, perhaps the game will come later today via Parcelforce or UPS or somesuch?

This just seems like whining, I'm sorry to say. It's not as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

I'm getting the game for free also, someone's sending it to me, so I too have to wait. No biggie, get Persona 4 or RE5 while you wait.

Punished? You're getting a FREE game. Almost everyone else will have to spend money on it. You'll be getting it sooner than most people. I think you're overreacting.

Overnight delivery is NEVER a certainty. I won a game from SEGA a while back and it took more than 4 weeks to arrive. I was just pleased that I won and that I didn't have to spend money on the game.

It sucks if your weekend off can't be reclaimed (although it's likely the game should arrive tomorrow if it was sent priority next day), but surely you can use the weekend for something else?

Also, perhaps the game will come later today via Parcelforce or UPS or somesuch?

This just seems like whining, I'm sorry to say. It's not as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

Don't worry, I know I'm whining. ='3;

But personally, if it were a choice between getting it free late and getting it on the day by paying for it, I'd rather pay. It's just thankfully I'm sensible enough to realise that there's not much point in buying a copy after the free one has already been sent.

I don't think it was sent by any kind of overnight/ special delivery or whatever. I heard from AAUK that it might have been recorded, but I'm not sure.

And I dunno, it just seems a bit off in that it makes sense to assume that a lot of people entering the contest are going to be fans enough to the extent where they actually want the game at launch. I know I personally buy all Sonic games on launch day (have done ever since SA2, excluding ones on consoles I don't have/ don't intend to buy), so it just does irk me a bit to know that I could go down to HMV and buy a copy now. But like I said, at the same time, I know that doing so isn't the smartest thing to do, since it'll probably arrive tomorrow, now.

Ah well. Moaning won't make it arrive any faster, I suppose. And SuperLink, as for your suggestion, I have no interest in/ don't own the consoles for those games, anyway. =P

I think the problem is, AAUK has been sick, and SOE were "trusted" with getting the copies to you.

And umm... some of us know their track record.

Ah well. Moaning won't make it arrive any faster, I suppose. And SuperLink, as for your suggestion, I have no interest in/ don't own the consoles for those games, anyway. =P

Aww... you have a DS though right? Please say you do. If you don't have Layton then that'll last ya. =D

Yes, AAUK has had some nasty cold/flu thing... he's still been getting a fair bit of stuff done, but we should all cut him some slack. Hope you feel better soon, AAUK! <3

And yeah, SEGA postal track record =/= good. But hey, free game!

Well, AAUK said he made sure they'd be sent out yesterday before he went home from work sick, but he wasn't sure if they were being sent recorded or not. Considering that they were only sent out yesterday though, you really think they would have gone for some kind of special/ next day delivery. Surely I can't be the only winner who actually wants the game on launch day. D=

Like I said, I know I'm whining. But yeah, I'm a pretty big Sonic fan, so it does irritate me that I haven't got the game on launch day whereas I could have, had I not won the contest. ='3;

Aww... you have a DS though right? Please say you do. If you don't have Layton then that'll last ya. =D

I do have Layton and I've already finished it. D=

Edited by Mahzes

Well, you could still buy it and sell the free one when it arrives. eBay really isn't THAT much of a hassle - it takes mere minutes to list an auction :)

Yeah, true, but then there's still posting it, eBay fees and whatnot. Also my Dad'll give me an endless earful about how I'm an impatient idiot, etc etc. My Dad really goes off on one when he gets started, so I'd rather not give him a reason to bitch, because he's just so damn good at it. D= I was actually planning on doing that if it didn't arrive today until my Dad got word of it and moaned his arse off.

If it doesn't come in the post tomorrow morning though, I'm just gonna buy a copy then sell the free one. The hell if I'm spending the whole of my weekend off waiting for it. Considering I have Uni on weekdays (and coursework DX) it'd be no fun to get it Monday anyway. D=

Edited by Mahzes

If not eBay, then how about selling it to a friend? I'm sure someone here or elsewhere would be willing to discreetly buy your extra copy. There's always options ^^

I don't have many RL friends as it is, and certainly none who'd want to buy it. D= I was thinking of doing the lazy option and trying to 'return' the free copy after buying one at HMV, but I dunno how well that'd play out, since they don't tend to take returns without a good reason. D=

Eh, I'm not much one for RPGs. ='3 And I don't really want to buy a game just to tide me over. Kinda defeats the purpose of getting SatBK free then. =P

Aww I love RPGs... but yeah, there are always things to do while waiting for a game xD I've been playing Unleashed, Rush Adventure, etc to hype myself up for it.

I could get ahead on my coursework, but that's hardly a fun way to kill time when waiting for something and trying to distract yourself from disappointment. Also I'm already pretty far ahead and not in the mood to work.

But yeah, hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow. If not, I will just buy a copy and sell the free one, but hopefully I won't have to.

In the meantime, I just have another... nine or so hours to kill before I can call it a day and go to bed. Then a few more hours in the morning until the post arrives, hopefully with the game. D=

Like Flyboy said, atleast you get it free. I haven't even bought my copy today because me and my boyfriend are still twiddling our thumbs on how to buy it together with half our money each (he's in Spain, and I'm here B/)! Sad ne?

Anyway I hope that it will arrive tomorrow for you. ;<

*Taps his sickly foot*

If you've not received it by Monday let me know, as for post SEGA don't own the postal service and Flyboy you know full well your item went walk about because someone didn't say that that their uni was being silly about recorded items. :P

I guess they were being sent by recorded owing to a commentary made by the person who does the post about "oh God those aren't more recorded ones are they" when I dropped off my copies to be sent out to review peeps.

We only got the copies in yesterday so it was the best I could do and they wanted to send them out today for you so you did get an extra day's travel out of AAUKterference.

*retreats to coughing his guts out*

Ah, right. Thanks for clearing that up. I hope they are recorded, although I guess that wouldn't make them arrive any faster since 'recorded' is just a means of making sure they arrived. Well, that is if they are to begin with.

And wow, they wanted to send them out today? They all suck but you, AAUK. =P

Fingers crossed mine arrives tomorrow, then...

Edited by Mahzes

Well you're lucky you didn't have to pay for it.

Gameplay is just as bad as SatSR, but with added sword play, which means when you whack the wii mote it displays the attack 3 second later. Sync problems >__<

and Flyboy you know full well your item went walk about because someone didn't say that that their uni was being silly about recorded items. :P

I was actually refering to the copy of Shadow I won some time ago from SEGA before I was even around these here parts much :P Hence, the 'game' I won. Haha, I know the goody-bag things was my/my Uni's fault tho'! :) Accursed Uni!

I haven't received my copy yet - 1st class royal mail is usually 1-2 working days, so it'll probably come tomorrow.

Just be patient; good things come to those who wait.

T