Awoo.

Fanmade sonic characters

Streak the penguin

guys i was just reading another post and there was a discussion of new sonic characters.

Mine is a penguin called Streak (based on my username) and is a new recruit of the babylon rogues and is one of the best

I actually did the "similar-looking rival" thing in my childhood.

In 2002, I started writing stories and making fangames starring Eggman. I needed another villain for him to fight, so - a couple of years before Eggman Nega's official debut in Sonic Rush - I created Dr. Baconman.

spacer.png

Think of him less as Eggman's Shadow, and more like Eggman's Wario. Loud, crass, and extremely petty - this guy was an exaggeration of Eggman's worst traits (while in those same stories, Eggman's bad traits were downplayed to make him look a bit better).

He fancied himself a rival villain to Eggman, and was bitter at him for always being more infamous than he was. Whenever Baconman launched a scheme, Eggman's latest scheme would be front-page news the next day, with his own plans maybe appearing as a side-story. While Eggman's heroic rival was the number-one hero Sonic the Hedgehog, Baconman's rival - Slownic the Regular Hog - barely showed up to face him (though not for lack of trying; he just isn't very fast). He even had an IQ of 299, just out of reach of matching Eggman's. 

Many Eggman stories in this era would start with Baconman blowing up Eggman's base, and Eggman going off on an adventure to blow up his base in revenge. These "villain vs. villain" stories and RPG Maker games typically didn't have Eggman himself doing much villainy directly. He'd just prance around 8 or so worlds until he got to Baconman, beat him up, and go home.

Clearly 14-year-old me was a master of character creation.

• Promotion 1

On 7/28/2021 at 4:18 AM, Dr. Mechano said:

Clearly 14-year-old me was a master of character creation.

Not sure what SEGA was thinking, honestly. Oh, they need an alternate dimension form of Eggman? Eggman Nega. Like, Eggman Negative. Wow. How long did it take them to think of that?

Baconman on the other hand is a much more unique idea, with a more unique design to boot. Don't sell yourself short. You, that's right, 14 year old you, is BETTER than SEGA! They should hire you. You are clearly equipped.

Anyways, we kinda already have a topic for Sonic OC's, and I suggest OP @Streak the penguin flip a page or two on this section of the board and bump it back up. I'd hate to shill my metal tails design twice.