Awoo.

Sonic arts

Adamis

I didn't think I needed to state the obvious so much, but yeah. Exactly as Adamis said. These are all official pieces of art. And there's more that just recolouring, which is pretty obvious on Silver.

The whole Sonic classic folder in image form (since the .psd and .eps models are just huge):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DTK40JCZ (~10 mb)

There's a couple of files in .ai only but since I haven't Adobe Illustrator, though luck, but I included them nevertheless since they're small. I think they're just named different from those Sonic classic pose ones. If someone can open them and confirm this, I'll appreciate it.

If you want anymore of the images just say so, I'll have no trouble uploading them.

Strangely, I'm missing some files, but can you please upload the "super_sonic_final.psd" that is in "GenericSonic2008_official assets > 3D_character Art > super_sonic" ?

These are all official pieces of art. And there's more that just recolouring, which is pretty obvious on Silver.

I think i kinda get it. There is difference with Silver's pics. Actually i can see only one difference. Everything else is equal(i don't count Silver's mouth) except the picture with Super Silver is horizontally mirorred.

Let's just agree that sega's being lazy^_^!

P.S. I forgot to circle the spike on another side of Silver's head.

post-254-125614897525_thumb.jpg

Edited by ArtFenix

I love Eggman's art. It looks like he's gearing up for a boxing match.

True to Riders form, I expect him to punch a train any minute now.

Strangely, I'm missing some files, but can you please upload the "super_sonic_final.psd" that is in "GenericSonic2008_official assets > 3D_character Art > super_sonic" ?

You might not be missing them, I just converted the .psd and .eps files into .jpeg/.gif format since they're huge for people who can't download by torrent and for easy access.

The whole GenericSonic2008_official assets folder in image form.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PUQH7L0T (~17mb)

Just the Super Sonic image:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I1O6071I

Sorry to post another megaupload, but the image is huge by itself, and every free hosting site does not support this size, or at least, none that I know of.

Wait, do you want the .psd file for super sonic or just the image form?

I'm sure those are NOT official arts of Super Shadow and Super Silver. Compare:

I mean, the pictures themselves are official, but they are colored by fans.

As mentioned, those arts are very much official. If you look at the pantones of those two in the torrent, they're the same way. It looks like those two were made to be boxart for Super State toys.

The image is enough.

Thanks a million, it's a good picture. I remember they used it in a japanese magazine about Unleashed or SSBB.

Thanks again :)

Darn, was beaten to the punch on the Super Sonic image... Oh well.

Still, the Super Sonic CG render looks beautiful in full hi-res. Gotta love that golden fur.

Super Sonic image
HOLY ..! I was looking for that art for so long! I do remember the art in a magazine, i even saved that page)) Thank you very much for uploading it! No doubt this time, it's indeed an official piece of art!

Oh, now this is kind of interesting. One of the files in there is a PDF with most of the modern 2D artwork thrown into it. What's interesting is that it seems to be split into main characters and secondary characters.

Main characters:

Amy

Blaze

Chao

Cream and Cheese

Eggman

Knuckles

Rouge

Shadow

Sonic

Tails

Secondary ("ancillary", in the pdf) characters:

The Babylon Rogues

Team Chaotix

Silver

Marine

Super Sonic

Emerl

Metal Sonic

Gamma

Omega

Big

Tikal

Chaos

I wonder how accurate it is...

This artwork package is luscious. I totally would've fan-gasmed if this was revealed a few years earlier, back when I collected this stuff. Still though, it's good to see some CG art of the Supers. Also, new 2D art is awesome. I like Uekawa's style, personally, and want to see more of that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love all the art, both retro and modern.

One of my favorites has to be the "falling sonic" artwork. His spikes has never be seen in that way in any other artwork.

Seeing that Eggman art makes me speculate how long that artwork has been complete, and why we'd only received the coloring book page instead of the finished product as a wallpaper update.

Oh, now this is kind of interesting. One of the files in there is a PDF with most of the modern 2D artwork thrown into it. What's interesting is that it seems to be split into main characters and secondary characters.

Main characters:

Amy

Blaze

Chao

Cream and Cheese

Eggman

Knuckles

Rouge

Shadow

Sonic

Tails

Secondary ("ancillary", in the pdf) characters:

The Babylon Rogues

Team Chaotix

Silver

Marine

Super Sonic

Emerl

Metal Sonic

Gamma

Omega

Big

Tikal

Chaos

I wonder how accurate it is...

Blaze get's to be considered a main character but not Metal Sonic!? Fucking BLAZE!?

It NEVER stops bothering me how Sega doesn't seem to consider Metal Sonic one of the main characters of the series, despite being one of the very few characters that appeared already back in the 2D era and still appears in the modern games, and despite having been the most important character in the series next to the main quartet during the 2D era (yes, he appeared a lot more often than Amy) and despite still having appeared in a greater number of games than some of the characters that does seem to be considered main characters, like Cream, Rouge and fucking Blaze.

RAAAAWRRR!!!! NERD RAGE!!!!!

• Bad Quality Post 1

Besides Mario & Sonic and Sonic Heroes, we rarely see Metal Sonic anywhere ever. They put Blaze (And most, if not all, of the rest of the "main" characters) in games every time they get the chance to. Metal Sonic is rarely used anymore, which is why he isn't considered a main character. I'd like that to change though, it'd be cool to see him in Needlemouse.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why is Super Sonic secondary? He shows up in almost every Sonic game. Hell, he's in almost every game regular Sonic's in, even the ones that aren't Sonic games. Like Brawl and the two Sega Allstar games. Also seeing that Metal Sonic is considered secondary while Cream and Cheese are main makes me :( .

The problem with Metal Sonic isn't that they haven't acknowledged his accomplishments, but that he doesn't really have any.

How many games are there where both the game itself and Metal's role in it are worth noting? Sonic CD, Heroes...maybe the Rivals...that's about it. Most of his appearances are in spinoffs or are otherwise unimportant. He doesn't even have any real personality, at least not after Eggman hollowed him out and turned him into a walkie-talkie after Heroes.

Honestly, it's a shame; Metal could make for a very interesting character, but they just don't use him for anything. Part of it might be their obsession with giant monsters rather than taking on Eggman's machines, but even then there's no reason they still can't work him in as a subordinate...even Bowser has his kid helping out.

• Thumbs Up 2

The reason I think Metal isn't used that much is because his rivalry with Sonic is just too venomous to be remotely feasible in this series. In order to gain the right to call himself the real Sonic, he's got to kill him which of course is not going to happen, and if it does it won't last for long anyways. Shadow, Knuckles, or Jet don't have such goals; They merely have to give Sonic a few knocks to the head to gain the upper hand and thus seem more credible and threatening, but the robot has never canonically laid a finger on the hedgehog which is more than exacerbated by the aforementioned impossible goalpost. With everything that is going against Metal, it's not surprising that Sega haven't used him that much. Really, what in the world can you do with him besides throw him to the lions and assign him to be Shadow's accomplice?

Oh yes, and Cream and Cheese being considered main characters is just wrong. Also, all of the art is kickass; Love that one of Shadow leaning back. <3

• Thumbs Up 1

Most of his appearances are in spinoffs or are otherwise unimportant.

Same goes for Cream, but she still gets to be considered a main character. God i hate that little pest. The only good thing about her is that her full name is funny when you think of her first name as a verb. "Cream the rabbit" lol.