Awoo.

Sonic arts

Adamis

Same goes for Cream, but she still gets to be considered a main character. God i hate that little pest. The only good thing about her is that her full name is funny when you think of her first name as a verb. "Cream the rabbit" lol.

To be fair, she's had more pivitol/playable roles than Metal i.e. Advance 2, Sonic Rush, Sonic Battle, Sonic Chronicles and Sonic Heroes. Compared to Metals's : Sonic CD, Sonic Rivals and Sonic Heroes. She's also appeared in Shadow, both riders and SATSR. And I gues sit also helps she appeared in the recent Sonic X anime a lot. As far as exposure goes, Cream has the one up on metal.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, she's had more pivitol/playable roles than Metal i.e. Advance 2, Sonic Rush, Sonic Battle, Sonic Chronicles and Sonic Heroes. Compared to Metals's : Sonic CD, Sonic Rivals and Sonic Heroes. She's also appeared in Shadow, both riders and SATSR. And I gues sit also helps she appeared in the recent Sonic X anime a lot. As far as exposure goes, Cream has the one up on metal.

Metal Sonic's total number of playable roles include:

Sonic the Fighters

Sonic Drift 2

Sonic R

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Sonic Adventure DX

Sonic Rivals

Sonic Rivals 2

Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics

And he has also appeared as a boss or in:

Sonic CD

Knuckles Chaotix

Sonic Triple Trouble

Sonic Pinball Party

Sonic Heroes

And of these games, at least CD, Chaotix, Heroes and Rivals 2 can be considered games where he had a major role in the story.

And if we are going to consider spin-off's, he was of course a main character in the OVA, has appeared quite prominently in Archie, and appeared very prominently in Fleetway (where there was an entire army of Metal Sonic's). So i still say that all in all, Metal Sonic deserves to be considered a main character more than Cream. And definitely more than fucking Blaze (i don't dislike Blaze or anything, but right now im made at her for apparently being considered a major character despite having been around for such a short time, while poor Metal Sonic has been around for 16 years and still gets no love from Sega. So im afraid im going to have to precede her name with "fucking" for a while now, to get my anger towards her out of my system).

• Thumbs Up 1

AWXDEYKLA;OTJSIHTNVAOPG4EU[bYSUPBUPA!!!11!

Mother of science, I am at a loss for words. This is certainly not fantastic. This is not great. This is not wonderful. Nor is it outstanding. All of those words suck compared to just how ??? this is. I nearly had a heart attack while scrolling through the first post, and the amount of reference content within this torrent is ludicrous. THERE ARE MOVIES THAT GIVE YOU A FULL 360 VIEW OF HIGH-DEFINITION CHARACTER MODELS YOU GUISE. There's artwork of characters both old and new, and a decent amount of them are vectors! Which are essentially seamlessly-resizable 2D artworks. Which is the best format for this kinda thing. Fangasm here you guise.

If they show what's under Blaze's coat I might as well explode. The Sonic the Hedgehog game script made mention of a beautiful, rather unique costume underneath her cape, and this would be a great chance to reveal it.

It'd be nice if they gave us the female cast's official cup sizes, as well. For reference purposes.

:3

P.S. Remember to seed. Seeding should help improve speeds for people experiencing difficulties downloading.

Edited by HunterTSF

Reference videos?! And here I was foolishly thinking that I had spoiled myself of the contents by going through a Powerpoint with the some of the artwork in it, thus rendering this slow torrent a massive waste of time. Thanks, Hunter. You've restored purpose to my vulture-esque vigil.

Why is Super Sonic secondary?

Presumably because he only shows up at the final boss in every main Sonic game thus far, therefore he has a lesser role than normal Sonic.

Unless you want Super Sonic to have a bigger role in future main Sonic games (which I want to see for once, btw), it's understandable that he is listed as secondary due to his limited final boss role.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reference videos?! And here I was foolishly thinking that I had spoiled myself of the contents by going through a Powerpoint with the some of the artwork in it, thus rendering this slow torrent a massive waste of time. Thanks, Hunter. You've restored purpose to my vulture-esque vigil.

Yeah, I just wish I could view them. None of them have finished their download proper and are rendered unplayable, and staring at the download bar really isn't helping in dimming my anticipation.

: (

Edited by HunterTSF

Thanks for posting these! Those Shadow pics are great. Further proof that 2D is always > 3D.

*loud snap*

Hope you are talking about the artwork and not in general. :angry:

Only seen a handful. Can't wait till this massive bloody torrent is finished. With a bit of luck, a particular peace of Shadow (Sonic X) artwork I'm looking for is in there.

Dr. Mechano and Kintobor should be happy that previously unreleased Eggman art appear to be somewhat plentiful here. He's got a 3D movie render as well! I wonder if it's that until recently unused model of him from that Sonic Channel wallpaper line they had going a while back.

...but where is Nega?! Surely they could've thrown his Rush artwork somewhere in here! Oh well, download's nowhere near done yet. He might pop up eventually.

EDIT: They have a movie for Cheese.

Edited by HunterTSF

Dr. Mechano and Kintobor should be happy that previously unreleased Eggman art appear to be somewhat plentiful here. He's got a 3D movie render as well! I wonder if it's that until recently unused model of him from that Sonic Channel wallpaper line they had going a while back.

...but where is Nega?! Surely they could've thrown his Rush artwork somewhere in here! Oh well, download's nowhere near done yet. He might pop up eventually.

EDIT: They have a movie for Cheese.

Oh really? Nnyyyyahh! My torrent says that the download will be complete in two days. This is why I HATE using torrents.

Could I ask for a download of the Eggman files on here? Do they include the 2006 realistic model as well?

Edited by Kintobor

Oh really? Nnyyyyahh! My torrent says that the download will be complete in two days. This is why I HATE using torrents.

Could I ask for a download of the Eggman files on here? Do they include the 2006 realistic model as well?

I haven't the slightest clue, unfortunately. Not much has been downloaded completely in this hour of waiting, other than 145.9 MB of...nothing.

I still find it to be quite a bit unsettling that Marine, an extremely minor character that has made only one appearance in the series, has more artwork than Nega, an important recurring character who has had a major role in 3 games, and a supporting role in 2... which is certainly more than what could be said for quite a bit of the cast included on this DVD.

But don't get me wrong, I <3 Marine and all of the other characters included. I just wish I could have seen the likes of Nega here.

EDIT: Oh! Why, it appears that an image has finally completed downloading!

doofysonic.jpg

...?

Edited by HunterTSF

Eggman Nega is not present, and there's nothing of Blaze that hasn't been seen before.

Also, I agree that neither cream nor Blaze are deserving of main character status. In fact, how the HELL did Blaze get in over Silver? They've both only appeared in equally worthless games! In fact, between the two of them, there are only THREE games that the other has not appeared in, and that's being extremely technical because Silver was supposed to have been in the first Mario and Sonic but was cut at the last minute.

Even without that, they've both been in only ONE main console release each, and it's the same game no less.

HowEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, it looks like Super Silver's getting an action figure and Burning Blaze isn't even mentioned so burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn (no pun intended)

Nerd rage aside, neither of the three of them deserve a higher rank than Metal Sonic. Speaking of Metal Sonic, the HQ version of his Rivals 2 artwork is in there. SEXY

Actually, I consider Cream, Blaze, and Silver to be main characters. I AM surprised that Silver isn't packaged with the "main" characters. But Cream... yeah, she hasn't appeared in a major plot role since Sonic Rush (though she does have a VERY minor role in Dark Brotherhood), but she still "appears" all the time. Blaze not only appears in pretty much every spinoff nowadays, but she also appears with large plot roles quite frequently.

I consider Silver in a similar boat, but I guess since he wasn't "technically" playable in Mario and Sonic, and in Black Knight he didn't have a plot role, he can't be considered to be "as major as Blaze" right now. Though I do see him as not being "as major as Blaze" anyway.

Metal Sonic... yes, definitely agreed. There are many forms of Metal Sonic, but the main form we're talking about doesn't include Sonic 2 or Sonic & Knuckles' variations. He also didn't really have that major of a role even in the classics. In very few games does he have a plot-based role, and in some spinoffs he's unlockable. Its about the same nowadays, truthfully. Hell, he's had MORE plot-based roles recently than he did in the past (Sonic CD and Knuckles' Chaotix versus Sonic Heroes, Sonic Rivals, and Sonic Rivals 2... Unless you count Sonic the Fighters, but then you should also count Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics.)

That's why Metal Sonic isn't considered a "main character."

Another questionable one that some might bring up is Rouge. She doesn't appear often in spinoffs nowadays, but she still appears in pretty much every major plot-based game. The exception recently was Unleashed, but she then turns around and has the largest role in Sonic Chronicles of all the "minor" characters (Rouge, Shadow, Omega, Big, and Cream; aka the non-classic, non-new characters).

So, yeah... except for maybe Silver, I think all the positions are well-founded in those listings.

Blaze and Silver, I'd say should not be in separate ranks. As much as I love Silver, I have to admit that both he and Blaze have contributed jack slag overall toward the franchise. Blaze's popularity exists only out of sheer luck. She debuted in overall a good game. Silver unfortunately debuted in a crappy one and so he became a sort of scapegoat for a lot of the headache 06 brought.

Also, if I were to take a shot in the dark, I think Sonic team is well aware of the plothole involving Eggman Nega, and is deliberately ignoring it, for whatever reason.

The only characters left that I have a dispute with are Gamma and Emerl. I'm not understanding how either one got on Sonic Channel in the first place, since one was destroyed, and the other upgraded. If anything, GMel should have been in Emerl's place instead.

Oh that wacky Sonic Team. They seem to have no idea what the hell they're doing XD

Ooomai..!!

I've been thinking of collecting those for a while for personal reference, but I never would have guessed that something like that would be available for us one day.

This is pretty incredible~ X3

I don't think they're ignoring Eggman Nega. Actually, I think they're planning something for him in the future, in my opinion, which will be revealed in one of the upcoming games. It's also why I think Archie has an embargo on using Eggman Nega; Sega wants to reveal his background before Archie brings out their own ideas surrounding him.

Oh, and looking over the Super CG's... yes, Silver's pose is remarkably similar to his Sonic Rivals 2 artwork, but I don't think this is a rehash at all. I think they created this from scratch, but simply made the design mostly similar to his rivals artwork. Silver's quills are positioned differently, and he has a completely different expression in this new artwork. His hands, legs, and feet are in the exact same positions, though.

Shadow is another story. His new super CG is VERY different from his Rivals 2 artwork. The pose is all wrong, his head is positioned at a greater angle, his hand and feet pose is completely different... and let's not forget the fact that he's facing the opposite direction.

Silver's artwork MIGHT be slightly rehashed... but Shadow's and Sonic's ARE completely new. They clearly aren't rehashed at all.

Super Silver and Super Shadow are both Photoshop edits. This is very much apparent when you have the full size ones and you can see that they missed some areas. Silver's is especially telling because if you look at the reflection on his bracelets, you can see his normal state colors.

However, looking closely at Silver's it appears that they may have repositioned the model (you can see the curve in his quills) and then photoshopped the Super State colors in. Why they didn't simply retexture the models and make new renders instead of photoshopping is beyond me. Probably just a quick bangup for Jazwares to use as boxart.

Out of curiosity, just where exactly did all of these images come from? The large glaring red bold text of the SEGA CONFIDENTIAL stamps emblazoned within some of the pages might be indicative of something.

Oh, and the lack of new artworks is rather saddening. Most of the new noteworthy artworks were included in the first post, with some completed versions of the coloring paper and wallpaper artworks scattered throughout. The 3D models were a nice surprise.

As I had previously expected, these are the Sonic Channel models used for most of their CGI-cutscenes and promotional artworks as of recent. The Eggman model is the same one featured in the cut wallpaper artwork that was included as a sticker in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.

And unfortunately, it looks like those multiple-side reference sheets are classic exclusives. I haven't found one in the generic section yet.

Edited by HunterTSF

And of these games, at least CD, Chaotix, Heroes and Rivals 2 can be considered games where he had a major role in the story.

Which still comes to the same amount as cream. You also have to bear in mind that cream hasn't been around for as long as Metal has. There's also character popularity to think about.

And if we are going to consider spin-off's, he was of course a main character in the OVA, has appeared quite prominently in Archie, and appeared very prominently in Fleetway (where there was an entire army of Metal Sonic's).

I'm sorry but 78 episodes of a relatively popular TV series defintely beats appearing in an obscure SonicOVA that no one really heard off and comic books that are not now published or could hardly be considered 'popular' at all.

Blaze post

I' pretty sure like Cream character popularity has a lot to do with it as well.

Super Silver and Super Shadow are both Photoshop edits. This is very much apparent when you have the full size ones and you can see that they missed some areas. Silver's is especially telling because if you look at the reflection on his bracelets, you can see his normal state colors.

However, looking closely at Silver's it appears that they may have repositioned the model (you can see the curve in his quills) and then photoshopped the Super State colors in. Why they didn't simply retexture the models and make new renders instead of photoshopping is beyond me. Probably just a quick bangup for Jazwares to use as boxart.

As I mentioned about Silver, some of his parts were slightly redrawn, but other parts were exactly the same. Shadow's is all-new, though. That pose is completely different from anything else we have seen. Whether or not they have another "regular" Shadow CG artwork resembling his super form pose, I do not know, but it clearly isn't based on any known artwork because it is just too different.

There's also character popularity to think about.

But Metal Sonic ranked higher than Cream in Sega's official popularity poll. In fact, Metal Sonic ranked higher than EGGMAN (and i suspect that this poll might be the reason why Sega have suddenly started including Metal Sonic in games so much more often since then than they did during the earlier years of the 3D-era).