Awoo.

If characters in Sonic games had non-video game music for themes...

Shiny Gems

Title says it all. So with that, if any of the characters in the Sonic franchise had non video game music for themes, what kind of such songs would be each character's theme?

For example, for Sonic the Hedgehog himself, I would go with Kickstart My Heart by Mötley Crüe, or Supersonic by Bad Religion.

Just a fun little idea for a topic I came up with. Anyone know some good non-video game music or songs as themes for any Sonic character?

EDIT: You can include themes for classic characters too, like Mighty and Ray, if you wish.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Shadow, circa 2005

And uh, not sure if this counts as "Non-Sonic", I suppose it does since as far as I know it hasn't been in any Sonic games, but;

I always envisioned this being a pretty good song for Ray, if given his own arc. What we've seen so far is that Mighty and Ray's relationship is somewhat similar to Sonic and Tails, but Mighty is a lot more protective of Ray. If Ray and Mighty were given a story to flesh themselves out in, I could imagine Ray having this as a theme to complement how, in the story, he gains independence from Mighty, who was being overprotective of him, despite his ability. It mirrors Sonic and Tails somewhat, except Sonic was never overprotective and Tails had to gain power over time, unlike Ray who always had great ability.

• Thumbs Up 3

You know what, I'm gonna take this opportunity to share with you all some ideas about Sonic characters and non-Sonic songs that I thought of years ago as a teenager in the 00's. For all these years I've distinctly remembered how certain pop songs played on the radio at the time reminded me of certain Sonic characters (this was at the height of my Sonic obsessions, where basically everything made me think of the Sonic series in one way or another). It just so happens that these songs are all from my native Sweden, but they also happen to be sung in english.

The first one is one that I felt fitted Metal Sonic. The song is called "Sixteen Tons of Hardware" and has certain lines and phrases that seem to fit our beloved Sonic robot, such as "ghost in a Sonic machine", and a line about "masquerading" which is what Metal did during Sonic Heroes.

The second song is "Satellites" which I felt fitted Tails. It's a song about self confidence, and this, in addition to how satellites is something that, you know, flies high up in the sky, made it a match for the fox pup.

My final song is "Welcome to the City" which I felt fitted our dear old Team Chaotix because... I dunno, they seems like the kinda guys that would try to make it big in a big city I guess. It's perhapes less fitting though that the song is sung by a little girl (I believe she, who happens to be named Amy Diamond, was 12 or 13 when the song was released), unless you attribute the actual singing to the teams pre-pubertal member Charmy, lol. Either way it's a pretty cool song:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, batson said:

The first one is one that I felt fitted Metal Sonic. The song is called "Sixteen Tons of Hardware" and has certain lines and phrases that seem to fit our beloved Sonic robot, such as "ghost in a Sonic machine", and a line about "masquerading" which is what Metal did during Sonic Heroes.

I really like this one. It's upbeat and intense, but slow and has time for cold reflection. Even without the lyrics it sounds like it would fit Metal. Though those lyrics also fit great.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 6 months later...

This doesn't really connect with any one specific character, but I think it's close enough to the threads intention to bring up: musically speaking, the song Layla by Derek and the Dominoes have A LOT in common with the music of Sonic Adventure, to the point where I'm honestly wondering whether Jun Senoue and the gang were inspired by this particular song when they wrote that games soundtrack. Especially, from around 03.35 it sounds like something straight out of a Big the Cat stage:

• Fist Bump 1

Great Idea for a topic! 

Here’s my selection. Pretty Eclectic. Would love to see everyones choices too. 

- SONIC 

TAILS- 

KNUCKLES -

AMY- 

DR EGGMAN -

SHADOW -

CHAOTIX -

METAL -

ROUGE -

• Thumbs Up 2