Awoo.

TMNT Goes Nickelodeon

Senator NinjaShark

Also, here's a clip of them encountering some Kraang aliens:

http://www.nick.com/...ang-sizzle.html

Really enjoyed all three videos and am now looking even more forward to the show! I love the opening and theme song, the animation is nice and fluid, the voices are awesome, the writing looks like a ton of fun, and I give them major points for making the Kraang legitimately creepy. I love that they're giving them very traditional alien-like mannerisms rather than just having them talk right off the bat. It's a nice change. September can't come soon enough!

This time we've got our first look at the opening sequence which pays a nice homage to the 80's Turtles show: http://www.nick.com/...le-opening.html

Edited by chaoscontrol14

I actually really liked the opening sequence and clip. The song was crap, but I guess it isn't a big deal.

I'll definitely check this out when it premiers.

Dogpound and Fishface? Ugh, wish they got more creative with the names.

Wow. I feel almost overwhelmed from all those clips, I don't know where to begin.wub.png

-Intro's pretty decent. Never been big on hip-hop and rap but it's handled rather well here.

-Dialouge and voices are great. Raph and Mikey's banter already had me chuckling.

-Action is good. Though I don't expect it to top 2k3's actions scenes, it still looks pretty close.

Considering that the only incarnation of Raph that was known to be a wisecracker was the 80's cartoon version, I'd prefer a more faithful representation of his general character than one that was only used once and squeezed corny jokes into every sentence. tongue.png

But, that was the best Raph ever. He was funny and annoying at the same time!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I chuckled near the end where Mikey says, "We're going to be famous!"

Like you aren't already.

• 1 month later...

Another Sneak Peek, showing the Turtles out in the city for the first time, along with an introduction to a certain edible object....

Edit: Well thank you Thumbnail, why yes, it is Pizza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgC0AEDVaM8

I'm not too keen on the voices, but I'll probably get over it after a few episodes. It looks like a fun show.

Edited by Nintendoga

Just got finished watching the clips, and the new show doesn't look too bad. I think Mikey's voice is trying too hard to be like the old one, but the rest of the voices sound fine to me. The CG itself looks ok. but I think the turtles themselves look odd in terms of proportion, especially their heads. I do like how the opening song makes a nod to the 80's theme song.

And seriously, Dogpound and Fishface? They really should have came up with better names!

Another Sneak Peek, showing the Turtles out in the city for the first time, along with an introduction to a certain edible object....

Edit: Well thank you Thumbnail, why yes, it is Pizza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgC0AEDVaM8

I'm not too keen on the voices, but I'll probably get over it after a few episodes. It looks like a fun show.

I'll admit, I found the clip funny. Show seems shaping up to be decent so far.

Also, I see that the Turtles have been studying Sonic's running animation...:P

Haha! Hey, the pizza place is the same one as the one they used for the TMNT ride at the Mall of America!

I rode this, btw, it's fun!

shellshock5.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

So I just watched the first three episodes with T-Man and another online friend of ours, and... wow. It was actually really great. The action was incredibly well-done, the art style's really charming in its relative simplicity and style, the music is (barring the opening... uuuuugh) surprisingly good, and the character-interaction is absolutely brilliant.

It's very clear that this show was made with a lot of love. There are subtle throwbacks to past TMNT stuff (like the pizza logo Barry mentioned above), the characters are all true to form, and everything just meshes together fantastically. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this show, it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Oh, and one more thing to pique some peoples' interests - I was honestly surprised that the writers weren't the same people who wrote Teen Titans. It reminded me of it quite a bit in terms of humor, animation, and tone.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just saw the pilot and I pretty much liked everything about it, especially Splinter's design, god it's so badass.

My only gripe is that Mikey really needs to learn to shut up every once in awhile as the episode always seemed to grind to a halt when he was cracking a joke.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Watched the first couple of episode and surprisingly liked it. Not phenomenal, but definitely enjoyable. It's still so weird to hear Rob Paulsen playing Donatello after hearing him play Raphael for all those years as a kid. I also found the Krang pretty funny.

I just saw the pilot and I pretty much liked everything about it, especially Splinter's design, god it's so badass.

My only gripe is that Mikey really needs to learn to shut up every once in awhile as the episode always seemed to grind to a halt when he was cracking a joke.

I don't like Splinters design. Looks too regal to me. I prefer him looking like a scroungy sewer rat. Another thing I don't like are the anime expressions. They don't really fit with the rest of the animation.

That said, the first two episode were great. Great animation and actors. Too bad Casey apparently won't be in the show until season 2. Still have to watch episode 3 later tonight.

The first three episodes were freaking awesome. The animation was smooth, the action was excellently choreographed, the characters were spot on, and as a whole, it really seems like a perfect mix of all of the different TMNT incarnations with an excellent balance of both seriousness and humor. Definitely looking forward to more. Looks like Dogpound and Fishface may debut next week.

Also, in related news, TMNT avatar gear is now available on Xbox Live! I already picked up Raph's sais for mine. :D

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Watching the third episode. Lewis Black has a voice role in it. This show is automatically awesome now.

Also, two mentions of Splinter's/Hamato Yoshi's past love in three episodes. I like the nod to the original movies, but I hope they don't overkill this.

I've seen the first 2 episodes. Man is this show enjoyable! It's like having the aspects of the 80's series and 2003 series in one sweet package.

I love the writing in this. It's genuinely funny and the character interactions are fantastic. The action is well done and I love that each of the turtles have ther own stand out feature in their designs making them stand out from each other. The easter eggs to previous incarnations are a nice touch as well. The voice cast is solid as well.

I really look forward to watching more. This has the potential to be the best TMNT series. Lets hope the rest of the season keeps this quality of awesome thoughout.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

The Krang are the best thing about this show.

"Actually, the correct spelling for the name that was percieved as "Krang" in the television program that was called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" was actually "Kraang" which contained an extra vowel syllable that was said in the television program called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" by the character that was called "Kraang.""

Sorry, I couldn't resist. tongue.png

Also, two mentions of Splinter's/Hamato Yoshi's past love in three episodes. I like the nod to the original movies, but I hope they don't overkill this.

Actually, it's a nod to both the comics and the original movies. Agreed that they shouldn't go overkill on it, though. I'd be fine with just a mention every now and then, but having a full flashback sequence every time would get pretty tiring.

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just got finished watching the first episode and my thought was it was just ok. Not great, not downright awful, but just ok. Personally my biggest gripe is the CGI itself. The characters look rather "blocky" which to me looks very strange compared to how they used to look.

Edited by Kevin

Wow! I was more than sure this show would be a bust... but everyone seems to love it! Color me impressed :D

I'm going to have to check it out! I've never really been a TMNT fan, but my friend who wasn't either reaaaaally likes this... sounds like a good place to start!

Just got finished watching the first episode and my thought was it was just ok. Not great, not downright awful, but just ok. Personally my biggest gripe is the CGI itself. The characters look rather "blocky" which to me looks very strange compared to how they used to look.

My problem isn't so much the look, but the movements/animations. They just aren't very fluid looking. It's almost like there isn't any animation in between the first frame and the last frame of a character's movement. I don't know... maybe I've been spoiled by MLP's incredible art style.

Only just noticed this watching the first episode again.

Before the scene when the Turtles first discover Pizza, there is an earlier scene when Leo is saying if they can go to the surface for their 15th birthday. In this shot there is a Pizza picture on the furnace behind them. Only just noticed it.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer