Awoo.

TMNT Goes Nickelodeon

Senator NinjaShark

By this point, I'm surprised Kirby isn't insane. I mean he was kidnapped by a bunch of brain aliens, brainwashed and forced to put his little girl into danger, turned into a mutant bat, and then turned into a Krang. The guy just can't catch a break

I'm just surprised how quickly they broke him in season two. For a guy that picked up a gun and fought back just to help the Turtles escape ("The Gauntlet"), it was really disappointing seeing him turn into a sobbing mess of a character and being treated so badly. Maybe it sort of makes sense in context, but I always had the impression Kirby was made of tougher stuff, so I found what was done with him to be more of a derailing (and rather distasteful) than a logical step in his development.

Though I suppose most of the blame for the weird/bad developments can be pinned on the writer change from season one to season two.

I would honestly prefer it if they either kept Kirby free and a help to the Turtles or keep him mutated and have one of the end goals be to save him. We've had four separate times where the Turtles saved Kirby only for something to screw up and mutate him again. It's coming off as overused.

Also, I know Battle for New York showed April reuniting with the de-mutated Kirby which is all well and good, but I was seriously disappointed that we never saw Casey reunite with his father and sister. The end of Invasion Part 2 has Casey say that he couldn't find his family, meaning they were already Krang-Humans, but if they are gonna give a reunite moment between April and Kirby, why not give one for Casey?

On another note, anyone getting the Season 2 Boxset? For people wondering, It's due for release on the 30th of March and will include all episodes between The Mutation Situation and Invasion Part 2 

So we got an episode this weekend, we just got the teaser... and well know how we thought this might be when Casey goes against Hun? well maybe, but he's going against something much much BIGGGER

https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/status/578299391531954177

TMNT MasterVerified account
‏@TMNTMaster   Casey Jones vs Shredder??? That doesn't sound like a fair fight! Watch it all go down Sunday at 11a/10c

edit: and there's a gif!

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CAaIO3UXEAE8PRV.mp4

Casey vs Shredder?!?!?! this should be nuts... perhaps Casey will finally get an upgrade

Episode was pretty awesome! Loved seeing Hun introduced and getting more info on Shredder's connections to the crime underworld. Also, judging by his newest plan, we mayyyyyyyyyy just have our gateway into that teased Dark Raph storyline...

• Thumbs Up 2

I think they overhyped Casey and Shredder--I was almost hoping for a spark to the rumored "City Fall" storyline, and like CC14, Shredder making a push into the Underworld may have shades of this. We'll probably be waiting a while. I did laugh pretty hard just seeing him and his mutants riding around in the open on motorcycles. I dunno why, it just seems so weird for a group of ninja/assassins to be riding around in the open like that.

I have to say, though, this is probably one of the best episodes I've seen in a bit for this series. It's good to see another different version of Hun and comparing them. While I'm biased toward IDW's, Nick's version seems like a lot of fun, and I love the Bruce Lee inspired fighting style. Was a little surprised he's lacking the bleached blonde hair, but looking at the animatic from NYCC again, I realize I just assumed he'd have that rather than it being confirmed as part of his design (blonde hair seems like a hallmark of the character's design, honestly). I look forward to what he brings to the table, provided they don't suddenly feel like they need another mutant.

You know, now that I think about it, given that Shredder appears to be developing a mind control serum... maybe that is where Dark Raph is going to come into play? Well, this could be interesting.

Annoyed we've got another wait ahead of us for the next batch of episodes, though. I'm getting real sick of Nick's schedule and, at this point, I'd take the Korra treatment over this stop and start nonsense.

Yeah, the mind control serum was what I was getting at. Didn't think about the underworld stuff's connection to Cityfall until after I posted. XD

Yeah, the mind control serum was what I was getting at. Didn't think about the underworld stuff's connection to Cityfall until after I posted. XD

lol I actually didn't realize that until I was at the end of my post, I was just thinking of Shredder cutting deals and making threats (you know, as he tends to do). Well, I'm interested in the possibility more, now.

Alright. Saw the new episode. Not going to go too far into detail but for pros and cons:

Pros: 

-Hun was just entertaining throughout. Compared to his 2003 and IDW versions who were both brutes who fought with a forceful fighting style, it's a really cool take on this more slick, reserved, Hun who easily kicks asses and seems to have some kind of honor.

-Shredder beginning to set up his plans for New York, which I will explain further in a bit.

-I like how it shows the city banding together after the Krang attack. It shows that there will be an aftermath of this massive event so far.

-The Turtles returning to the lair and spending the episode cleaning it up. In a way, the sub plot could represent the turtles finally being able to get their lives back to normal after losing so much in the Krang Invasion.

-Leo, Donnie, and Raph were really good in this episode

-For once, they are showing us the Karai subplot in full rather than splitting it up over multiple episodes. It may be short but it was nice to get a check in on her.

Cons:

-Casey acted far too much like an hothead and a bit of an asshole in this episode.

-Mikey was annoying in this episode

-We still haven't seen Casey check in with his family yet. I know it's a small thing but for fuck sake, we got April reuniting with her father and Casey's search for his family was a major plot point back in The Invasion where we are told they are already mutated. So for a Casey centered episode based right after the Krang Invasion, it is absolutely disappointing not to see a payoff to it.

Alright, now that those are out of the way, just some thoughts on the episode.

I'm seriously liking all the references and set ups to City Fall, I just had another idea. Remember, Casey like an idiot keeps announcing himself as Casey Jones every time he starts a fight and Shredder now knows his identity, along with the fact that he clearly has a friendship with the turtles. Which means he now has the perfect bait for capturing Raph to brainwash him...Just like in City Fall.

Also, If Karai does get un-mutated, I could imagine her being pissed and refusing to help Shredder, only for him to get extremely angry and uses her as the test subject for the mind control stuff he's creating, leading to Karai being an extremely loyal foot soldier, willing to do anything for Shredder. Something he'd most definitely use to his advantage. He'd likely let Leo, and Splinter know he's made her the test subject and then tell Karai to attack them, leading to the shocking reality that the mind control stuff works and Shredder now has an extremely powerful weapon, further setting up City Fall.

• Thumbs Up 1

Update: New episodes are back exactly one month from now on April 26th with "The Noxious Avenger."

So the shows on break again? Nick. WHAT THE FUCK? This is like the fifth or sixth break since he season began.

On another note, has anyone played TMNT Danger of the Ooze?

Ok, so since I figure the movie thread should be lost to history, and this is actually what some might consider good news, we got some casting news. Well, we've heard that Bebop and Rocksteady are going to be in it, now CASEY JONES has been confirmed, and its being played by none other than Stephen Arnell, who we know as the arrow!

http://screenrant.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-casey-jones-stephen-amell/

‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′ Casts Stephen Amell as ‘Casey Jones’

The most recent reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles may not have won over every existing fan, but the re-imagining got enough right for the producers (and box office numbers) to green-light a sequel. There’s no question that the producers have some work to do in overcoming the remaining skepticism, but confirmation that Bebop and Rocksteady would play a role in the sequel - possibly alongside Casey Jones – helped earn some momentum early.

Not only have the producers found a way to include fan-favorite Casey Jones in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, but have filled the role with Arrow star Stephen Amell – a man with plenty of experience playing a masked vigilante in a bustling metropolis.

Word of the casting comes from Variety, describing Casey Jones as both an ally to the Turtles and a love interest for April O’Neil (Megan Fox). That may not be much to go on (and is in keeping with nearly every instance of the character), but it sounds like Amell’s casting as another comic crime-fighter came as a result of his chemistry with Fox, beating a number of other actors recently in contention for the part.

For the unfamiliar, Casey Jones was created for the comics as a parody of the standard ‘costumed vigilante’ origin story. Fed up with the crime overtaking his neighborhood, Jones slides on a hockey mask, grabs the sporting equipment nearest him, and heads out to deal with the problem in a hands-on fashion. Eventually, the stick/bat-wielding vigilante crossed paths with the Turtles (out on a similar mission), and the rest is history.

There are no more details on how Amell’s version in TMNT 2 will differ from those previous, but judging by the previous film’s efforts to modernize the comic style while keeping the attitude intact, it’s safe to expect a more lighthearted vigilante than Starling City’s ‘Arrow.’ The role is certainly the most high-profile Amell has landed since taking over The CW’s flagship superhero TV series, meaning the fledgling franchise has no doubt added another comic book fan base to its own.

Although some details concerning the film’s plot and potential title - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Half-Shell – have recently been released, the exact plot or character arcs are still a mystery. Amell’s casting is certainly the most notable addition yet, and with mutated/alien monsters on the way, the film’s plot could be guessed at by veteran fans. Just how much the sequel draws from the alien mythology hinted at early in the development of the Ninja Turtles reboot remains to be seen.

What do you think of Stephen Amell’s casting as the masked vigilante Casey Jones? Does this get you more excited for the Ninja Turtles sequel, or do you still have concerns about the direction of the rebooted series? Sound off in the comments.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Half-Shell is scheduled to premiere June 3rd, 2016.

Well we know he can play vigilante, but can he rock the hockey mask and sports gear?!

Edit: Also it is a different director than the first movie

Also, he confirms, less than subtly

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/photos/a.510703882348217.1073741826.146921975393078/832220130196589/?type=1

Stephen Amell
What a fantastic day. Honored to play Casey Jones in #TMNT2

*Drawing of Casey Jones*

Also go there if you want a lot of jokes about him being the Arrow and Casey

Uh, at least it's not the guy from Transformers...? (I don't watch Arrow, so I can't comment on if Ammel is good fit or not)

I'm still not interested in these movies, so it really doesn't make a difference to me, but I guess I'll at least be curious to see how they do him up, if nothing else.

Interesting there's a new director, but that's not much of a guarantee it's going to be any better. Yeah, just consider me skeptical, because I'm still not convinced these movies are in good hands compared to the comics and cartoon.

I like Amell well enough in Arrow, but I don't think he's the greatest fit for Casey. Good for him, though.

• 2 weeks later...

My fellow Turtle fanciers, WE HAZ US A NEW PROMO:

DARK RAPH HAS ARRIVED. Also, Shreddsy gains control of Slash and Rockwell, too. Guess the Turtles and Mutanimals will have to pull another team-up.

This also confirms that we'll be back for at least three episodes come the 26th.

• Thumbs Up 2

YES YES YES YES. FUCKING CITY FALL ARC AND DARK RAPH. COMPLETE WITH THE WEAPONS FROM THE COMIC. YES!

Don't like how two of the three episodes seem to be Mutation of the Week episodes, but I hope the mind control thing is an entire arc and not just one episode.

My fellow Turtle fanciers, WE HAZ US A NEW PROMO:

DARK RAPH HAS ARRIVED. Also, Shreddsy gains control of Slash and Rockwell, too. Guess the Turtles and Mutanimals will have to pull another team-up.

This also confirms that we'll be back for at least three episodes come the 26th.

Holy crap, I can't wait!

Since I know this show likes to be bullshit sometimes, I'm keeping my expectations in check, but I was really excited to see Raph sporting a pair of Shredder gauntlets. I just hope this storyline has the room to develop. Now that it's one of the main four, and not, like, Karai or somebody the show likes to ignore, I would really like to see them just go for a fully realized storyline with no bullshit and no filler. So, basically, not their version of Northampton.

I just hope it's a full on story arc instead of one episode where Raph is brainwashed and he is back to normal by the end. I also hope that we see Raph sport a Foot outfit like Leo had in City Fall instead of his normal outfit with just the Shredder weapon.

Popping up just one week before the show returns, we've got some pretty interesting news! Y'see, a BUNCH of new TMNT toy listings have popped up on Amazon. But not all of them are for characters that we KNEW were getting toys, oh no. There's ONE in particular that we didn't even know was going to be in the SHOW! Plus, they're complete with CHARACTER BIOS, giving new story details! Let's check 'em out, shall we?

Mondo Gecko

Pro-Skateboarding Lizard!

With canisters of ooze falling from the Kraang ship, Jason gets struck on the head while skating with his pet gecko. He's then mutated into a gecko teenager known as Mondo Gecko and WOWS Mikey with his awesome skateboarding tricks. Mondo's been taught it's every mutant for himself, but after seeing Mikey and Casey battle Fishface, he learns that it is always better to have a friends back, and so starts the unbreakable bond between Turtles and Gecko.

So Mondo's confirmed to draw heavily from his Archie origin, minus the lack of a regular name and rock band. Nice to see!

Fugitoid

Cyborg-Human Turtle Ally!

A brilliant scientist brain, stuck inside a cyborg's body, Fugitoid is the Turtles most trusted ally in space. Once known as Professor Zayton Honeycutt, Fugitoid pilots the Turtle's around in his space ship that fuses to his cyborg body. Supplying the Turtles with space suits, weapons and his vast knowledge of outer space, Fugitoid helps the Turtles track down the Triceratons to save planet earth from ultimate destruction.

Typical Fugitoid-y stuff. Gonna be fun to have him around for the Turtles in Space storyline.

Mozar the Triceraton

Captain Mozar, leader of the Triceraton Empire, guides the Triceratons through the galaxy on their mission to eliminate the Kraang alien race. Mozar is a hulking Triceraton with a broken horn, scarred face, steel prosthetic beak, and has a relentless hatred for the Kraang. He won't let anything stand in his way of taking out the Kraang alien race, including the destruction on the Turtle's home planet, Earth! With the Triceraton's army backing him and his plasma cannon and force mine in each hand, he's prepared to do whatever is necessary to destroy the Kraang!

TRICERATONS, BAYBEH! And they're enemies of the Kraang! Iiiiiiiinteresting. Should create some fun clashes. (And possible team-ups with Newtie, most likely.)

And the most interesting one...

Lord Dregg

The fearsome 4-armed Ruler of Planet Sectoid, Lord Vringath Dregg, is Lord of all insect life in the universe. He is the most vicious alien gangster in the galaxy and has the fighting power to back it up. With a mouth full of fangs, spider hands that shoot webs, robug servants, and a battle mode that equips him with a battle mask, electro blaster and chest rocket, Lord Dregg is one ruler that should not tested. When the Turtles made the mistake of challenging Lord Dregg and destroying some of his robug servants, Lord Dregg set out on a new mission, eliminate the Turtles!

Lord freakin' Dregg of all characters! Didn't expect HIM to ever be brought back, but it should prove interesting. (If you have no idea who this guy is, he was the new main villain introduced in the latter two seasons of the '87 cartoon originally voiced by Tony Jay.)

Definitely some interesting stuff! Gives me more and more of a hankering for that Turtles in Space arc and new episodes in general just to see how all this stuff fits together with what's already established.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bit of a bump because that previous post was packed with tons of stuff already and I didn't want this update to be overshadowed. Anyhoo, we got a new episode title and synopsis!

Clash of the Mutanimals

The Shredder kidnaps and experiments on the Mighty Mutanimals.

It appears as if the mind-screwing will officially begin in two weeks. Judging by the clips that we've seen, methinks Raph will be placed under Shredder's control at the end of this episode and stay that way for a bit, since Mikey and Casey are a duo in the episode after this one. (The Mondo Gecko debut.) Maybe they venture out on their own to blow off some steam and come to terms with the fact that Raph is one of the bad guys while Leo, Donnie, and Splinter plan a rescue mission? If that's the case, it should be interesting to not have one of the Turtles around for a bit.

Huh. I was expecting the mind control episode to happen after the Mondo Geeko and Muck Man episodes.

I'd say what will happen is the Muntanimals (Slash and Leatherhead will get kidnapped at least) and this leads to Rockwell and Pete tracking down the Turtles to help. They'll put together the fact that Shredder likely brainwashed them and lead a rescue mission. But it'll go wrong, leading to either Raph giving himself up to save the others plus Slash and Leatherhead, or Shredder will unleash the mind controlled Slash and Leatherhead against the turtles, overpowering them and forcing Raph to get himself captured to allow the others to escape, in which Shredder then brainwashes him.

Some interesting news came out today. Apparently Bebop and Rocksteady will be appearing in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 which will be out next year.

They've been saying they would be for a while, also read an interview recently, and Stephen Arnell wants to do justice to Casey jones will bid well. 

Also, super excited for new episodes finally

I'm just afraid that Nick will be assholes again and put another 2 month break right in the fucking middle of the City Fall arc.

So more movie news, 'cause what the hell:

Tyler Perry is playing Baxter Stockman.

OK... (I think Phil LaMarr could make a fine live action Baxter, actually, and I'm sure he could play a serious version if they let him)

I should be glad I have no investment in whatever Platinum Dunes is doing.