Awoo.

TMNT Goes Nickelodeon

Senator NinjaShark

Huh. It's an interesting choice, I guess. Glad that he's finally making his film debut, at any rate.

Anyhoo, as one last appetizer before the show returns, I've uploaded an HD version of that last promo to Youtube (Compliments of the official TMNT Facebook page):

• Thumbs Up 1

Come to think of it, wasn't someone else slated to play Baxter in the first film but I guess he was cut when they re-filmed so Sachs wasn't Shredder or something?

Yeah. I think his character still ended up making a cameo in the lab origin scene, but besides that, I don't think he did much. (Funnily enough, he was actually the main villain in the movie tie-in game where one of his experiments was a Movieverse Slash. XD)

Thanks to CC adding the HD promo, we can get a clearer look at the mind control scene, looks like Slash and Rockwell will be the ones who'll be mind controlled. Although I thought it would make more sense to have Leatherhead be brainwashed rather than Rockwell. I mean Baxter already fills out the role of brains on Shredder's side, so it seems rather weird that he'd choose to brainwash Rockwell, rather than Leatherhead, one of the strongest and toughest fighters in the show.

Yeah. I think his character still ended up making a cameo in the lab origin scene, but besides that, I don't think he did much. (Funnily enough, he was actually the main villain in the movie tie-in game where one of his experiments was a Movieverse Slash. XD)

I think it was in some part, since I believe there's a reference to Sacks being the Shredder somewhere in it. However, I think the game was supposed to be more of a sequel story, so Slash was most likely just a fun bonus for fans. (Like when the Amazing Spider-Man tie-in game included a bio-hybrid Rhino before the actual film sequel was even released.) As I recall, the Rat King was also a boss.

Anyway, in show-related matters, MOAR EPISODE TITLES!

Meet Mondo Gecko (5/10/15)

The Deadly Venom (5/17/15)

One episode more than the promo implied. Nice to know that we'll have a nice chunk of episodes to watch before the next break. (Whenever that is.) Judging by the latter episode's title, it looks like we'll either have some more SnaKarai or possibly more mind control if that's what the "venom" is.

Well, I know we're excited for tomorrows episode(I sure am), but a little movie update from IGN, we got a look at Party Wagon 2: the dump truck!

tmnt2-2.jpg

tmnt2-1.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/26/producer-michael-bay-reveals-new-vehicles-for-ninja-turtles-2

oh full article and some weird Polaris trike thingy

Producer Michael Bay Reveals New Vehicles for Ninja Turtles 2
All aboard the Party Wagon!

By Alex OsbornNinja Turtles 2 producer Michael Bay has pulled back the curtain on the flashy new vehicles set to appear in the upcoming sequel to Paramount's reptilian blockbuster.

In addition to a pair of photos showcasing the Turtles' new van, Bay's tease on Twitter also includes an image of a Polaris Slingshot, accompanied by the description: "Just some stuff I found…"

Here's a look at Polaris' three-wheeled motorcycle.

turtles2.jpg

turtles2

The remaining two photos offer an early glimpse at the Turtles' Party Wagon. Here's a look at the vehicle in its entirety.

And here's a close-up photo of the side, which has "Tartaruga Brothers" slapped on its surface.

tmnt2-1

While there's no doubt this rusted green and yellow hunk of metal will serve as the Turtles' primary mode of transport in the upcoming sequel, the owner of that snazzy Polaris Slingshot is a bit tougher to predict. Perhaps we'll see Stephen Amell's Casey Jones behind the wheel.

Ninja Turtles 2 is set to hit theaters on June 3, 2016. IGN Logo

Edit: apparently the new director is the guy who did Earth to Echo, take that as you will

So, I found this amusing. The show Arrow (Starring Stephen Amell, Casey Jones in the next movie) has a digital comic called Arrow Season 2.5 and the latest issue had this happen:

w12mvl.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Heh, that's a fun nod

Well saw the new episode, it was pretty cool, it was kinda a monster of the week episode, yet it wasn't. essentially we got plot progression(more mind control ingredients), and a new, very public ally thrown into the mix (Muckman), and honestly it was done well. Also they've established Bebop and Rocksteady as real threats, I mean one on one they easily beat the turtles in a straight confrontation, but they don't nessecarily win. Also the latters hammer and sickle weapons are a cool throwback to his human forms history and love of weapons. Muckman should be an interesting ally, though he has the downside of being a public target, and being followed by the news(and yes I know he's a throwback to the toxic avenger just like the turtles are parodies of daredevil)

More movie news, because what the hell:

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/tmnt-2-shredder-brian-tee-1201480798/

Brian Tee will be taking over the role from Tohoru Masamune in the sequel. Not familiar with his work, but maybe someone will be interested in this. Strange they aren't keeping Masamune, but considering he was a last minute addition in the reshoots, I guess I shouldn't expect him to stick around.

Still haven't seen the first film, still put off by it and I probably won't watch this one, but I'm at least curious where this is going since Liebsman isn't involved... then again it's still Platinum Dunes, so it's whatever.

On the subject of the Muckman episode... I actually liked it, and Muckman, for another mutant of the week, was actually fairly likeable and funny. I'm excited that they're diving into their Dark Raph storyline this week... hopefully it lasts awhile.

@Zaysho, the new director is apparently the guy who did earth to echo, take that as you will, and the new shredder was the Drift King in Fast and Furious Tokyo drift

Honestly, things are starting to hit the right notes, the first one had a decent amount of fan service, and honestly was only maybe a level below the original movies if you look at it objectively. It looks like this time around that they are using the success of the last one to make a more devoted sequel... perhaps there may even be a retcon or two

SYNOPSIS DUMP!

Meet Mondo Gecko

Michelangelo and Casey become friends with Mondo Gecko, a radical, skateboarding, reptilian teenager.

The Deadly Venom

When Karai is brainwashed, she begins hunting the Turtles.

It appears that I was correct in my assumption that the latter episode would most likely involve Karai or more mind control. This should be interesting.

Oh great. As if she hasn't suffered through enough shit since she was mutated, they're seriously adding more to this whole Karai-drama instead of, oh, I don't know, actually ending it already.

Although, I'd be more lenient with it if it's just going to be for this one episode. But even then, it feels like we're back at square one with the Turtles having to convince Karai of "Shredder bad, we good, cause we your real family!" when that was already giving her some interesting development prior to her mutation. It feels like they're just rehashing her character arc all over again when it could've and should've just been resolved last season or so.

• Thumbs Up 1

No. No no no FUCKING NO,

My god, if there hasn't been a bigger "status quo is God" moment in the show. Next thing you'll know, the mind control stuff will be some kind of chemical reaction that de mutates her just so we have Human Karai vs Turtles again.

I don't like the mask. Too big and specifically designed for this looking .

Long hair would've been nice, too., but not a huge deal. Better than the Nickelodeon version at least.

So I guess when Brandon Auman said "loosely based" on City Fall, he meant it since Dark Raph lasted half of an episode. Still an enjoyable one despite that, though, thanks to some killer fight scenes and Mutanimal action. I liked Slash apologizing to Splinter for striking him at the end. Really shows how far he's come.

So I guess when Brandon Auman said "loosely based" on City Fall, he meant it since Dark Raph lasted half of an episode. Still an enjoyable one despite that, though, thanks to some killer fight scenes and Mutanimal action. I liked Slash apologizing to Splinter for striking him at the end. Really shows how far he's come.

Well, guess it doesn't get much looser than that, huh?

Though, to be honest, after seeing the upcoming synopses where they roll it out to Karai, I'm not too surprised Raph didn't stay under Shredder's control very long. Disappointed, sure, but not surprised. Episode was alright in any case, but it's more of the same I've grown to expect from Nick TMNT. Fun, with great ideas, but the format and episodic nature keeps it from doing anything bigger or more substantial. The fight scenes and little character moments were great though. I have such a love/hate relationship with the writing on this show.

Well. That's a disappointment. Also, new intro

Well, we got our first look at movie Casey Jones!

https://twitter.com/michaelbay/status/594101915031629824/photo/1

Stephen-Amell-as-Casey-Jones-in-TMNT2.jp

Lack of long hair is eh, but not unheard of otherwise, its spot on, also look at the hockstick brand

I'd laugh my butt off if he says "Goongola!" from the 2003 Turtles series. Bay probably won't dig that deep though.

I'd laugh my butt off if he says "Goongola!" from the 2003 Turtles series. Bay probably won't dig that deep though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also did it in the Mirage comic, where it was originally from. Wouldn't be surprised if they kept it considering it's kinda his catchphrase/battle cry.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not that hardocore into the turtles fandom but it's cool that Goongola is used in other Turtle universes. Thanks for the little history lesson of Goongola! Never thought I'd say that in my life, let alone type it.

"The History of Goongola." As told by Mando and CC14 T2006

• Thumbs Up 2

Time for an update! While we'll be going back on break after this upcoming Sunday's new episode, another title has been revealed. It is...

Turtles in Time!

That means a certain someone with a time scepter is likely to show up soon. More interesting than the title itself, though, is that a clip of the episode has already surfaced on Vimeo! You can check it out here. (Warning: Spoilers!)

Always cool to see a peek into Yoshi and Saki's past. We'll probably be seeing Tang Shen as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting to see them doing a LARP again. I wonder how they'll stumble into the time sector.

I'm getting a little worried though. Whenever they try to do a comic plot, they either overdo it or underdo it. They gave Northampton 8 episodes, most of which being filler while City Fall got an extremely extremely loose adaption. As in the only thing that was the same was a turtle being brainwashed by Shredder.

They're really trying to squeeze the comic adaptions into Season 3, between Northampton, City Fall, Turtles in Space, and now Turtles in Time. I'm beginning to wonder if the season finale is going to be City at War.